Allergy Community
My throat feels hot.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

My throat feels hot.

I'm allergic to dust, very badly the number is in the hundred thousands. Despite that I decided to dust the other day when getting ready to decorate for halloween.

The next day like it always happens I had a runny nose and my asthma was acting up. I figuered I'd be better the next morning. The next day I woke up and felt as if I had a cold. Stuffy head, coughing, sneezing, runny nose all normal. I still thought it was allergies so I read up on it took some medicine my mom gave me and went to bed.

Today I woke up and figuered it worked my nose seemed to be clearing out and the coughing reduced.

However the later it got in the night the worse I felt. My asthma has been bugging me all day, I have taken my inhaler multiple times today. I was getting ready for bed and took benydryl (don't mind the spelling) and layed down.

Now to the part that is bothering me most. my throat feels swollen, irritated, and it feels as if it is hot. (This is wierd but everytime I burp the feeling of my throat being hot goes away for a couple seconds, it also helps when I dring something.) My mom told me to take advil but there has been no luck yet.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do to help this?
Or even what it is?
Welcome to the forum!
In all probability along with the dust allergy affecting your throat, you are also having gastric reflux or GERD. The inflammation is making your throat feel hot. You can try taking Omeprazole and an antacid gel with it. Along with it you can follow some lifestyle changes such as: Avoid heavy meals and take frequent small ones. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Go to bed at least 2 hours after food. See if these tips help. You should also test for other food allergies that you may have. This can also aggravate throat irritation.
Hope these tips help. However since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net, consult your PCP. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!