NOVOCAIN
So I had a doctors appt yesterday and was given some novocain and didn't like the way I felt immediatley following the drug.  I got really hot, i felt like i was going to pass out, got nasuaed and ended up with a headache.  could this be an allergic reaction to novocain, or is it normal

It is unclear from the information that you provided here, if this was an allergic reaction. Have you had any history of allergies, to drugs or other substances? if yes, to Novocaine in the past?

The feeling of "really hot" and then the feeling of passing out , with nausea is most probably due to the hypotension caused by novocaine administration. Nevertheless, how do you feel now? Has the headache decreased? Headaches is also a known effect of spinal anesthesia of any type.

You may talk to your doctor in case these symptoms return. Also please remember that you must tell your doctor about such events when you go for anesthesia in the future.

Hope this helped. Let us know if you have any other queries.

Best regards.