Need Help With My Allergies
I have allergies all my life until now it is getting worst. Last Thursday I had a headache, runny nose, sneezing, and earache fill as if something is in it. Thursday night, I took some Benadryl and it help relieve my symptoms for about 6 hours. I couldn't take anymore of Benadryl because it was making me nervous. Friday, I took some Claritin 24 hours, it helps for about 4 days then I guess it lost it effectiveness. I bought Claritin D 24 today and it helps clear my nose but I am still having the other symptoms such as: runny nose, sneezing, fatigue, earache. Everytimes I open my mouth my ear sound like it is popping and crackling. I don't know for sure what trigger these symptoms. I am wondering if my ear is infecting.

I feel that you are having symptoms of sinusitis predisposed by allergic rhinitis.

Pls use an over-the-counter (OTC) decongestant combined with an anti-inflammatory analgesic (pain reliever) like Ibuprofen. However, you should not use decongestants for more than 5-7 days at a time. Avoid indigestible, spicy, foods and meats. Eat simple wholesome food. Obtain needed out-of-door exercise, sunbaths, and swimming. It can also be treated using an antihistamine nasal spray. Antihistamine works by blocking your immune system's response to the allergen.

Symptoms can also be relieved by using a nasal spray that contains corticosteroids. Corticosteroids work by helping to reduce inflammation and congestion.In some severe cases,oral steroids may be needed.Also try steam inhalation from a bowl of hot (but not boiling water).

These remedies should work for you. If the symptoms still persist then pls consult an ENT specialist.

Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.