Allergy Community
Neomycin Allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Neomycin Allergy

I was told as a child that I am allergic to neomycin.  Apparently I was given it as an ointment and the skin on my hands and feet peeled.  I worry now about getting vaccinated for Tetnus because the vaccine does contain neomycin.  I've never had an analphylatic reaction before but am nervous. I got all the childhood shots and received a Td shot 11 years ago and a series of Hep B vaccinations required for health care workers six years ago.  I got a flu shot a couple of years ago.  I've never had any problem with the vaccines.  Should I worry, or am I obsessing over nothing.  Thanks.