Allergy Community
New Symptom to old (and daily irritant) allergen
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

New Symptom to old (and daily irritant) allergen

I've recently been re-diagnosed with asthma (09/09) after going 7-8 years without an attack.  It was an extremely fast onset that to this point  have not been able to shake.  I work at a pet resort, and have since 04/2009,  which seems to be my main trigger now.  We removed the master bath in our new-ish home, project beginning in later October 2009 and subsequently, my asthma has worsened day by day.

Since then I have had my once under control (for 7-8 years) allergies tested and my most severe triggers were: dog 1, dog 2, cat 1, cat 2, horse, and cockroach.  Secondary triggers were oak, cottonwood, elm, dustmites, and all three mold mixes.

My allergy testing has taken over 4 months to complete and required 1 emergency room visit along with several days off of work, though  had been working with the dogs before, I cannot get through a workday without having a severe asthma attack and feeling like I will pass out.

Current Medicines follow:

Veramyst
Symbicort (2 puffs BID)
Albuterol rescue inhaler (2 puffs PRN)
Singulair 10 mg SID PM
20mg Buspar for GAD
60 mg Adderall (adderrall) for ADD
Birthcontrol

*** And anywhere from 4-8 Benadryl for PRN allergy symptoms to get through workday. ****

I worked for the company on no allergy meds for 4-5 months prior to testing, but now I can't make it through the day without loads of meds that don;t feel like they do the trick.  What's changed?

This discussion is related to I can't breathe properly.