Niacin flush and hives
I was taking Niacin and no longer am, I stopped about 3days ago and I'm still flushing and getting hive when I workout will this go away or should I look for a treatment? The hives and redness go away completely after about 30mins of rest.
Hi, symptoms are suggestive of drug allergy and are mediated by release of histamine in the body. Your body is known to hypersensitive to Niacin. Flushing is known adverse effect of niacin.  

The spectrum of these reactions can vary widely; reactions may present as typical allergic symptoms (eg, itching, urticaria, rash, edema) after a single dose, or may manifest as severe idiosyncratic dermatologic reaction.

If drug allergy is suspected you need to discontinue the drug and report to your doctor immediately. Wait for a day or two, otherwise anti histaminic and glucocorticoids against prescription will be helpful. I suggest you to consult a skin specialist. Take care and regards.