Allergy Community
Nicotine Patches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Nicotine Patches

I have used patches on 3 occasions, spanning several years, planning to do the prescribed time for success.   I began by getting red, itchy patterns of patches, and left marks for weeks.  

Next time,  I was determined to tolerate the problem and it was more miserable, with remaining patch marks.

Finally, the third time I decided to force myself to succeed (after several years), the reaction was so severe that I had to cease.   The affected areas became severely red/ raised to visible size/ burned/ itched, even with application of topical  ointments.

Generally, I do not have sensitive skin, allergies to various plants or medications.

Will this become more problematic with each use?  Can it be life-threatening?  I'm determined to attempt to find a way to use patches, the only method that actually works immediately for my nicotine habit.

If we can put men on the moon, why has this problem not been addressed successfully?  I'm not the only person to experience this reaction to them.