Nocturnal hives lip swelling
I've got the same issues.  Occasional lip swelling and nocturnal hives (buttocks, back of legs, sometimes waist and abdomen and often at the wrists).  I've tracked everything I eat and drink and experience in life.  I sometimes think I have it figured out then prove to myself that I don't - so you may be surprised by the rice diet not working.  Going to an allergist now (internist gave up). I've only had it for about a month.

This discussion is related to NOCTURNAL HIVES, swelling lips.
suffering the same problems. I'm 31, male, and I feel like I'm in pretty good physical shape.  

History, In 2008 I moved into a new apartment, with carpet, and started to wake up with swollen lips, tongue.  During the day, I noticed hives? swelling in the wrists, feet, and abdomen.  Suffered with this for about six months, my internist, allergist had no clue what was going on.  I finally gave up, and due to the timeline relationship to moving into the apartment and the symptoms, moved back into my parents home. Lived there for about 2 years and symptoms went away.  I just bought a house and have carpets in the basement, where I spend most of my time and symptoms are returning.

So with this I'm suspicious of carpet cleaning agents, both in that apartment and now in my basement.  Does anyone have a similar type situation?