Allergy Community
Onion allergy??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Onion allergy??

About 4 days ago i cut onions with my father for the first time. As soon as i got down to the part of the onion that is supposed to burn your eyes it did, just like i expected. But it was extremely painful, my eyes were watering excessively and i couldn't see, my nose was running like never before and my throat started killing me, i also had a rough cough. over the few days i have continued to have an extremely runny nose and a very painful cough and it is very dry. I thought it was just the flu but i don't believe so.

if you can please tell me if this is an allergy to onions please? thank you
If you have a repeat of these symptoms on exposure to onions, you must be hypersensitive to onions