Pain in upper right back
2 weeks ago, I've had this stretching or pulling feeling in my upper right back, sometimes it is burning feeling. It is swollen and my husband said it doesn't feel right. It is real, real soar, and I don't know what caused it. It just all of the sudden happened when I woke up in the morning on that day. My mother-in-law's back was hurting like that and they diagnosed her ith cancer, that is why I am concerned with it.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

A disorder called fibromyalgia can produce these symptoms (tenderness). Sometimes repetitive injuries or strain can also produce these symptoms. Inflammation of the muscles, joints and surrounding soft tissues like bursa can also cause pain. Unaccustomed exercise can cause this pain and swelling. It could also be due to spinal disorders. It’s unlikely to be due to cancer. Please consult your primary care physician. In the meantime avoid any exercises that aggravate pain and take OTC pain killers like ibuprofen. Ensure to take the medication after food.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.