Allergy Community
People are allergic to me too

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Viewing 201-295 comments:
Before I had the people being allergic to me (this is new, only 4-5 months), I had  the fecal odor starting around puberty, it went away in 10th grade when I completely cut out dairy, so this is obviously a good idea.  The only thing is that the smell came back again 3 years later after, this time it came with the coughing/sneezing issue.

I am getting the urine test done because I wanted to see the levels of TMA I am producing, but I guess I should also get the blood gene test since they aren't testing for sulfur compounds.  A person on my website (HH - that you might want to theorize with about things because he also researches and talks about FMO3, dysbiosis, and sulfur.  His screen name on my board is "Rhett" if you want to talk him) wrote: "My other thought was that the FMO3 enzyme processes a lot more than TMA. I think it's the favored path of 6-atom soft nucleophile blah blahs that contain sulfur, phosphorus, or nitrogen. Maybe TMA itself is a small occasional part of the problem for most of us (due to low numbers of the bacteria), whereas the other endotoxin compounds that prefer the FMO3 pathway are more the problem. So FMO3 enzyme deficiency would be the problem, with TMAU being mostly only a sign."

Anyway, I went to HBRI (it's only 15 minutes from my house!) to pick up my test tube for the TMAU test, and Chamile (who was on the Tyra Banks show for TMAU) showed up at the same time! I thought it was her but I didn't say anything. We both went into the office together and the man that was in there (the research guy?) got up and gave her a huge hug and was like "Welcome!" and they talked for like a minute, then the man said to me "and what are you here for?", I said that I needed to get tested for TMAU. He had me take a seat at this desk and called the girl on the phone to come. I sat there waiting for a couple of minutes when Chamile came up to me and gave me one of those "help us find a cure" bracelets (like the yellow Lance Armstrong ones) that was for Trimethylaminuria. We talked for like 20 minutes! She said "so you think you might have TMAU?"....and then I asked her if she has met a lot of people with TMAU and she said yes, so I said do you have time for me to ask you a few questions? She said that she had time because she just got here from New York to shoot a show on TMAU. I told her that my smell was fecal and that it started at 14 and only happened in class. She said that stress could activate the smell, and that this was her case too that it only happened in class and not so much around friends and family. She said that there are many variations in which the smell be, that's why they don't call it "Fish Odor Syndrome" anymore. Then I said that the smell completely went away for 3 years after I cut out dairy and then came back in college. She said this could be because of stress. Then I told her about people being allergic to me and she said that she has never heard of that, but is an inexperienced person to ask. She said to email: ***@**** to talk to this lady (I forget her name) who knows a lot about TMAU and has dealt with many people who have it, she might have heard of this, and if she hasn't, Chamile said that she is very thorough and will find the right person for you to talk to. I think we should all email this person and tell her about us (and definitely ask/talk about the coughing/sneezing issue). Rhett, I think you should send her a nice long email with all of your information/questions/concerns on FMO3 and sulfur and bacteria and what not. Everyone should email her though, and don't forget to tell her to look at this message board.

Anyway, Chamile mentioned that she takes probiotics everyday because a healthy gut flora will reduce the smell. I told her about my candida and she said that A LOT of people with TMAU have candida. I asked her if her symptoms are under control and she said that by all means it could come back, but with probiotics and a low-choline diet she has not had a comment about her odor in a whole year. I thanked her and she gave me a big hug.
FYI: Hydrogen Sulfide is classified as a Volatile Sulfur Compound (VSC) and is generated by sulfur producing bacteria found in the mouth and concentrated usually at the back of the tongue. They also hide in tonsils and adenoids (adenoids). I have read testimonmials on other forums where only after removal of the tonsils and especially the adenoids (adenoids) did chronic bad breath sufferers achieve relief. Even after doctors said they're tonsils/adenoids were fine!!! Some people who thought they had TMAU actually only had extreme levels of hydrogen sulfide (and other sulfurous compounds) aka bad breath, which created an malodorous aura. Remember that most people are non-confrontational and will not tell someone else they have bad breath or BO. I myself knew someone who had fecal smelling breath. I just accepted him for who he is, a nice guy.
Hi everyone,

I have also been going through this hell for the last 5 years - I somehow trigger allergies in others. I just knew there were more people with this issue and now I have found you guys.

Is this forum still active? It would be really helpful to exchange ideas with everyone and help out each other in solving this baffling problem.

I don't think there is an odour issue here. whatever it is, I think that in my case it is odourless, but it is making people sniffle, cough to clear their throat and sneeze as if they were surrounded by dust.

I have believed for the last few years that my problem was having been exposed to mould. But after reading your comments, I think it may also be gastrointestinal as I've ahd problems with this in the past.

Is this forum still active?
This forum is/was maxed out and a new one started. I don't know how your post went thru, but the new forum is abreviated as PATM.
Hello All –

I appreciate the honesty I have read from several different pages of those who suffer with this health condition.  I am the wife of a youth pastor, and I can’t tell you how difficult this has made my life.  When I spoke to my husband about my suspensions he thought I was being overly sensitive.  But that’s okay, I totally understand. I’m just thankful that he doesn’t seem to notice the smell.  Which brings me to my first point, not everyone can smell you.  In my case, it’s seems as thou people who have animals, those who smoke, the elderly (at least some of them), and people who take allergy medication are not bothered by me.  They will still sneeze and/or cough, but they don’t seem to back away from me.  So needless to say, my ministry is to the elderly.  You will notice the people who stay away from you.  Take notice of those who enjoy your company.  

This nightmare began seven years ago.  The smell came first, then three years later the allergic reactions started.  I can’t tell you how many times I have prayed for healing and how many avenues I have taken to stop this madness.  After four different doctors I had just about given up hope.  I think I have learned more on my own then with their professional opinions.  Which bring me to my second point.  As others have stated, I too believe this is some sort of problem with the way we process bacteria in our bodies.  I too have a white coated tongue.  If there is a Chemist out there maybe they could figure this thing out.  But I have noticed over the years if I eat a large amount of fruits and vegetables each day, that are high in Vitamin C the coughing and sneezing dwindles.  I'm sorry to say, I have used my co-workers to experiment with. :-(  Vitamin C in the pill form or capsule doesn’t seem to be affective with me.  Fruits like blueberries, fresh pineapple, and Welch’s Grape Juice seem to work the best with me.  (And no, I don’t work for Welch’s)  I think this will possibly help those of you who have stated you have noticed the allergies, but didn’t believe there was any odor.  Maybe we are dealing with two separate problems.  I don’t know, I’m just a country girl trying to figure out what’s going on.  As others have stated, I have noticed that meats especially beef and pork seem to make it worse. Caffeine drinks and sweets do the same.  There has been some who have suggested that drinking plenty of water helps, but in my case the coughing and sneezing seems to get worse when I’m drinking sizeable amounts of water.  Now if I’m eating items high in Vitamin C while I’m drinking the water, it’s okay.  Again, I agree that distilled water is the best water source for us to be drinking and we do need to drink at least 40oz a day - in small portions, of course.  

I hope I haven’t rambled, but I did want to say one more thing.  Before this began, I was very confident in myself.  As you well know, this health issue has humble me in ways I could have never imagined, and has opened my eyes to those around me who are hurting.  I can see the pain in their eyes.  Those who are not outgoing, those who are not perfect!  To me in a strange sense, it’s a gift, a path I would never have chosen for myself.  We get so caught up in ourselves and our needs, that most people don’t see the suffering happening all around them.  If you can be a help to someone around you, let me encourage you to take the extra step and offer them the help you are now seeking.

Are you on any other forums that are more conducive to Q & A or available by other means? I would like to communicate further.

cursedtoo
It looks like most of us have, more or less, the same condition- we trigger allergies in others: sniffles, coughing to clear one's throat and sneezing. Conversely, we ourselves are feeling more or less fine. Our main problem is the anguish and stress caused by this mindboggling condition. Also most of us agree that we don't have body odor, but some of us do have bad breath which makes us suspect this may be related to a bacteria in our stomachs or intestines.

1) I agree with cursedtoo, that we need to find a medium or forum where our communication is more effective and will allow Q&As. Finding this forum was a blessing and relief because it confirms that we are not going through this alone and because we can get ideas from each other. However, the medium has limitations and has not been as effective as many of us would like. Does anyone have any ideas of other forums? msn messenger perhaps? Should we open a chat room in yahoo so we can talk in real time with each other? Please provide your ideas.

2) For the last 4 years, I have suspected that my condition was related to exposure to mold. I even suspected that my clothes or my hair may have been the culprit. Have you all been able to rule out your clothing and hair?

3) As far as solutions go, I see that a lot of people have mentioned probiotics, exercize, healthy diet and relaxation techniques.... has this worked?

4) I am disappointed to think that some may have found a cure or a bearable relief and have gone with their lives. I think that if any one of us should find a cure, we should remain commited to those that are still struggling. that is, come back here once in a while to report what is working for them.

5) for those that are demoralized, I encourage you to come back. perhaps if we present our case united, we may get the attention of researchers in this area.

6) Some people have mentioned that they want to find a doctor that BELIEVES them. i personally think this is a waste of time. We need to find doctors that will take this into consideration and look for evidence. In other words, to believe our condition a doctor would have to SEE IT to BELIEVE IT.  Hey, I mean if I was not going through this myself, I would find this hard to believe.
could this help??? http://www.health.co.uk/acidophilus-facts.asp
I’ve never posted anything before; it is soooo out of my comfort zone.  I’ve read so many negative things listed, I just wanted to give someone hope with what I have experienced.  Yes this health issue is bad, but we can go on with our lives, we just need to know how. That's why pages like this are important.
I guess you guys need to change your diet? I've been experiencing those symptoms too. I suggest you eat more fruits and have a regular exercise. I think that has something to do with digestive system irregularity. You need to eat healthy foods and as much as possible avoid heavy meals. Try also to avoid sugar, carbonated drinks and coffee. Never go to bed after meals it will make the symptoms worst.
I have notice with my self, I  feel clogged nose on one nostril or the other but not both. I think my body is trying to protect me from the allergens I emmit.
I also feel stomach discomfort all the time. I believe this is not cause by a virus, because it takes time for a virus to invade a host. In our case, other people feel the discomfort immediately. It seems like we are emmiting some sort of chemical that stimulates mucus production.
I am not sure about this, but somehow the symptoms seem to decrease in my case.
I think it's better if we all stick to one board and do this chronologically... here's the continuation to this board.... http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/4415
You seem very thoughtful and level headed. I'm sure you will find an answer and relief from this curse in time. Please post any progress you make, I will check back periodically. Good Luck!
I too feel that I am the cause of others itching around me.  Any idea on what it is?  Have you been able to get rid of whatever it is? I noticed you posted this comment a year ago, any luck on figuring out what the cause is?  My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy when I tell him that I think everyone around me starts itching.  Is it all in my head?  Please help! Thanks.  
i have been suffring from the same disorder for the last 20 years. i always read this thread. and i am also from canada. if you would like to share ideas and work on getting solutions as a team, please write to me at ***@****. thank you. gurumath
I had a thought the other day when I was reading about pathogens.  I know this is going to sound crazy, but what if our bodies are creating some sort of pathogens that are released everytime we exhale.  I just wanted to hear what you guys thought.
guys...

go to this forum:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/4415

it's a continuation of this forum...

How do you know it's because of overuse of soap? I don't think I use too much of soap, but maybe my skin is allergic or something

Looking forward to the cure...are you waiting for some test results until April 8th?

Thanks.
no i am not waiting for a result..

I just want you guys to wait every sec until april 3, becuase this cure will change for life.

I must say... this patm is a mother ****** disease....  
Im so happy that I am not alone in this bullshyt.I never noticed it when I was in high school..I do know that I sweat alot and its easy for my skin to absorb odors. For instance if I pick up some change,I will smell like pennies until I wash my hands.I am 27 and I probably started noticing this when I first started college about ten years ago. I would notice people in class always coughing and sneezing near me, after a while I made the connection.I was at work one day and the trainer came to show me something and she almost coughed up a lung around me.I have panic attacks,and am always in fear of being around people.I make sure I dont go to the movies when its gonna be crowded,i avoid crowds at all costs.I know I dont smell, Ive tried every damn cologne in the world and nothing seems to stop the reactions others have.I know its not all people,but Im guessing its more than half.It really affects my life,if im in a grocery store line, if someone is a little to close to me I will get out of line as if I left something, just to spare them and myself the pain.I think it has something to do with our pores and some type of chemical it releases.I noticed that when my body temp. is higher the more response I will get from people.My qustion is, do people know where and why they are coughing? Do they know its us making them sneeze and cough? I have tried everything, I take a shower and 15 minutes later someone will be coughing, i truly hope someone knows what this is and will help.By the way im in miami.
go to this forum:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/4415

it's a continuation of this forum...
how can I get Chamile's email?
Hi everyone; I just found this sight thru another site that I'm a member of; I too trigger coughs, allergies, sniffles and all kinds of reactions when I'm around people. My job requires a lot of contact with people so my day is a long drawn out nightmare. I've had body odor since I was young but I've managed to get it under control with diet and supplements but the sniffling and coughing, etc is making me miserable. I'm glad to find this sight and I hope we can all find a solution to this mystery.
I too have recently noticed this reaction to my presence. I myself suffer from chronic sinusitis...almost always one nostril is closed up, and the doctors found a nasal polyp. I do not believe the polyp is the cause...I think it is the result from long exposure. I also don't think it's coming through our pores. This is what I think it is....Either bacteria or Fungus!! I think that we all have it in our lungs! and we are breathing it out. I have medical insurance so I cannot afford a battery of tests. Please if anyone can confirm my theory please post it.
I have the same issue, except a lil different symptoms. I've noticed people sneeze around me, as well as cough, wierd stares as If I smell. I asked people repeatedly if they smell anything and they always say no. Then I read that if you bathe with lemon and baking soda with soap in the shower it will help your skin's surface from the issue. I've begin to notice after I take a shower, my skin somehow has a very funny dusty smell to it. My rectum also produces a very strong dusty smell to it. It all started after I had this cyst on my right buttock, and when the problem grew bigger, I've noticed the wierd systems. A leakage in my butt, and as well as the funny stares. I've also noticed that it attacks people who are smokers or who have weak immune systems. Has anyone else had a legion of some sort on their skin before their symptoms occured?
add me on the list. i got this when i was in 1st year college. i'm in 5th year now..

it has its pros but the cons are greater. hope we'll all find a cure ^^,

every1 try chlorophyll pills..u can find them at ur local health store herb store....its cleans out ur disgestive tracts..does every1 expirience bad breath?
I have had this odor for quite a while now. I was so caught up in everyone elses reaction to the odor that I never noticed allergic reactions.  Oh, my odor is accompanied by periodic pain in my lower right rib cage. I woke up several times in the middle of the night with searing pain here. Anyhow, on June 21st of this year, I stopped using SPLENDA. Its 27 August and I notice it tapering off so now there is this faint odor but very seldom. I used to smell it after eating chocolate really bad. Get rid of all of the artificial sweeteners and all of that fake junk! I used it for the past 9 years so it will probably be a while before it is completely gone but I am better and not like all of the other experiments that I went throough. God know that I was at my witts end and he came through. To him be the glory!
My 15 year old daughter has had a fish smell since she was 7 years old. I have taken her to 3 gynocologist, hospital testing which was 2 thousand dollars and to this day I still have not one answer. It horrifies me that Not one of these doctors have yet to mention anything about the FMO3 Gene and that this could be the reason.  My daughter has been made fun of for years to the point where I have thought about homeschooling more than once.  Now looking back into the family I thought about another wierd thing that some of my family members get and its this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE FOUL SMELLING BURPS after eating eggs and other certain types of food.  I was wondering if this is associated with the FMO3 problem?
I too have this problem. My family thinks I'm crazy. My Psyhcologist is "helping" me with my paranoia. Heck even I'm beginning to think I'm nuts.  I believe. I know I make people sneeze in my presence. I've always referred to it as "tickling thier noses". Now I have severe  anxiety that has negativley affected my life. I am surprised and relieved I'm not alone. Although I feel alone due to the fact I've never been able to convince the select few I've shared my fear/knowledge about this effect I have on others, to "see" what I is really happening. I just decided to look on internet the first thing i found were feeding my anxiety that its a curse of somekind, because there is somewayotuthere history of sorts about this having some relation to bad spitirits and the like. Which Im ashamed to say, I had begun to believe exactly that. The only "symptom"  I dont have is an odor. I sometimes have bad breath though I know its due to my gum disease. (I take great care to prevent halatosis) I have always picked up smells on my body clothes especially my hair. from my environment (food cooking prep, etc..) I can't tell you all how many things i do or have done to eliminate this.  I've changed perfume, soap, bathing routines, detergents,care of clothing,(washing and storing). I need what I think alot of us may need is validation that  this "condition" is real, why it's happening to us, if we know  the why maybe we can correct it. I know there certain medical condition the experts have names for but no  anwers to why which equals no cure/remedy only treatments to contain/maintain sorta.  My fear is I will have to live with this for the rest of my life.  The thought of it is unbareble. has anyone ever had a medical professional explain what could cause this?
Please I really needs H_E_L_P asap, I tried mostly everything so far for my BO and still there, already spend time and money than has not help me...am staring to loose confidence and hope.....even my boyfriend is alergic (allergic) to me!......If you have  any other tip please share it!.......
Hi All,

Please read my (rosewood47) post in

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/4254
and
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/4415

If you have any questions let me know.

Good Luck.

I am 18 years old and was just kicked out of college for missing too many classes. I have tried everything and anything. We need to make this disease know because right know no doctor has ever heard of PATM.

At first i thought i had TMAU but everyone i told about my problem told me that i dont smell. I kind of wish it was TMAU because at lease doctors know about it. Eventhough there is no cure they know the cause.
For the people that have the problem of people sneezing around them. I had this problem for a year. I have found the problem. Contrary to what is stated earlier.
***STOP EATING YOGURT!!!!*** ESPECIALLY IF IT IS PROBIOTIC.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!I I need the cure to this madness..
Hi I just found this site which is great because now I know I'm not the only one who makes other people sneeze, cough and get irritated eyes around me. It all began 2 years ago after getting a normal  flu. The symptoms I got along with being an allergen to other people was high body temperature, reduced smell sense, chronic gastritis plus H. Pylori infection, weight loss, small headaches, sometimes slight blurred vision, unexplained nervousness and feeling very uneasy in small places,very crowded places, and hating having to wait  in line at a bank, as supermarket, etc. first I though it was something psychological though I have allways being a very calmed, easygoing person, so It couldnt be that all of the sudden my personality changed from a calmed person to a highly anxious, uneasy and nervous person. Well, I have gone to several doctors including gastroenterologist, intern medicine specialist, dentist, hematologist, neurologist and a otorrhinologist.  every pill I've received from all of these doctors have been useless along with some unconfortable medical exams. the last thing I found was that I have acid reflux along with some chronic rhinitis.
sweet food, and dairy seem to makes things worse.
while I'm in a place surrounded by many people i.e shopping mall, college, office etc,some people cough even when they are 3 to 5 meters away from me! while other people who are closer to me don't seem to show any allergic symptom. I still don't get it. last week on a college exam, a classmate coughed like crazy during all the exam. she was  sat next to me, though I had other classmates next to me who didn't show any coughing, sneezing, or desire to spit. the same happened the day I went to cinema to watch a movie: the poor guy next to me coughed like 40 times.the funny thing is that he didnt seem to blame me on his cough. he even leaned towards my chair .!? he never made any angry look at me or anything, Im getting crazy
I know I have something, a real desease condition, virus, super allergic problem  etc but still dont know what is it.
Things I've Tried:
I've tried changing diet - some mild positive effect
Trying being more positive, better attitude- no effect
Sleeping more hours- no effect
-excersise- I havent gone back to the gym because of fear and shame of people pointing at me for making them sneeze, cough etc.
nutritional supplements- tried many, not any big effect
-Im ready to try anithing new to cure this or at least to get a right diagnosis, hope anyone can help
started my triple therapy PREVPAC today pray for me !!
The triple therapy seem to be helping ..In the car for 6hrs with family visiting ,no one sneeze, cough or blow their nose. Later  that day went to dinner, a lady two tables over sneeze. Just a coincident, Right... Went to the gym only one incident the guy I was talking with started clearing his throat a couple of time than he was fine,that was today. Its something still there. But  I can say its 85% better. Have to keep working on getter that bug...He's very stubborn.
guys just check your noses trills. people usaully caugh when people nose whistle . this is something normal. it is really hard to be detected by our selves. our brain is adapted to nose whistling. you can only identify that you are whistling only if you concentrate on your breathing alot. even i was going crazy. i went to neurologists psychologists and everyone . and finally one of my friends told me that whistling is the reason. when you whistle its kind of an very powerfull frequency. eg: when i whistle through my nose, the person next to me might feel like his whistling, but its actually me. this is becouse we all breath at the same rate. as i told you before most of you people have some sort of respiratory disorder which might have lead to a enlarged turbinate in the nose  or even can be due to a deviated septum. i took medications for my deviated deviated septum and turbinates. and now i dont get the PATM symtoms (symptoms) anymore . only if i blow my nose or get a common cold or something .
people always clear there throats .. clear there breathing passage. nose etc. so they can breath well.

just see if you can breath with your nose well. try closing one nosestrill  and breathing with the other ..  THANK YOU. HOPE MY EXPERIANCE WILL HELP YOU PEOPLE . NOSE IS THE PROBLEM .. CHECK WITH AN ENT. DONT PANIC .. WE ALL ARE HUMANS .. SO FACE IT . THIS IS JUST SOMETHING NORMAL WHICH ALL THE HUMANS IN THIS WORLD HAS GONE THROUGH.
Have you seen the post on Bloodborne Body Odor and Halitosis - I have copied below.  It is a show looking for unusual conditions - would this not be an opportunity to have PATM investigated??

Monday, July 12, 2010
'What's wrong with me ?" : Apply for new UK TV show
A TV company in the UK is looking for people suffering from 'mystery health conditions'. Maverick Television; who make the popular programme 'Embarrassing Bodies' which featured a TMAU case recently, are looking for unsolved health cases that they plan to be film being diagnosed and treated etc. The person will get "free consultation, advice and treatment from some of the UK's leading medical specialists". This may be an opportunity for anyone who is brave enough to appear on TV with an undiagnosed body odor or halitosis problem.

Anyone wishing to apply has until 31st August to email the producers

whats-wrong-with-me

Just a suggestion
does anyone here who suffers from PATM have anal itching? if so, look into the possibility of pinworms. the eggs can be released into the air...and I'm thinking that is what causes the reactions from others. those eggs can be on your clothes and in your house on your furniture and everything. I did a pinworm search on the ehow website. I posted a few other things at the PATM forum. This is just a guess on my part. But it is worth investigating.
To: All who think that people are allergic to them
It's one thing to have a  Body odour problem or a bad breath problem.
However to think that people are allergic to you is a giant stretch.
People sneeze, cough, clear their throat, and spit on the streets very frequently. These are insignificant actions. To actually attach meaning to these actions and conclude that you smell, is a more serious mental issue.

If you are really concerned about smell, ask your loved ones around you if you smell. Trust me, they will tell you the truth. Bad breath and sweat are all treatable. But if you think the doctor doesn't think you smell and is lying, then its you that are getting paranoid.

I counted the amount of times people touched their noses, coughed or cleared their throat. Almost everyone does that. And trust me, I don't smell. I just don't reference those actions to mean that I smell.

This whole smelling thing has gone too far with some of you and its really an anxiety disorder.
It's also known as Olfactory Reference Syndrome.
You can view more details of this here:

http://www.ocdla.com/olfactoryreferencesyndrome.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/olfactory-reference-syndrome-people-stink-rare-mental-disorder/story?id=10743337

Stop hiding because you think you smell. Go out and enjoy life. You can cure yourself by not obsessing over it.
Your argument is that PATM is mental hallucination.

First of all, I agree that some mental disorder can make people believe things that don't exist. I think some PATM sufferer are in fact people that imagine the smell and the irritation effect.

BUT... I think most of the genuine "People Allergic to Me" (PATM) sufferers have a real problem!

For our problem, "People Allergic to Me" is a misnomer. A more proper name would be: "People get irritation (cough, sneeze, runny nose) when around us"

Nobody knows the real cause of the problem. It might not be allergy at all, but "hydrogen sulfide" an irritating gas that the body naturally produce... And it might just be excessive in our body... Or leaking excessively.

...So are we in the same category as the schizophrenic people (imagining unreal things) OR in the same category as Galileo (knowing the truth, but everyone else think it's false)?

I know that all doctors I've seen think it's all in the head... And I guess that if I were a doctor, I would think that too if I see such a patient (ironically)... So yeah... It's a very difficult condition to cure because people don't even think it even exist.
WOW I have almost the same story as you! (for the development of the problem part)

When I was a teen I started to have a constant smell... I thought it would be normal puberty stuff... But the smell just got worse. It was a fecal, sulphur, garbage, beer smell. I now take charcoal pill and chlorophyllin pills since many years to reduce the smell.

I started noticing the irritation effect in college. The whole class would get "allergic" reaction within an hour. IT WAS VERY VERY WEIRD. (It's still is...). I have tried a lot of things of fix the problem... But nothing worked... Other than just meeting people outside with fresh air.

Still no cure, but I am just very happy to have just found this website... And especially the PATM forum here:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/People-Allergic-to-Me-PATM/show/312

===

TO EVERYONE WHO DON'T BELIEVE THIS PROBLEM:

YES --- IT IS AN EXTREMELY WEIRD PROBLEM. I just wish I didn't have it.

Like I say in the PATM forum of this site: go search for "weird disease" on Google... A lot of stuff are weirder and proven. Even TMAU is listed in some web site...
Same problem here!!!..Hope we can together find a solution..Please vote which among the list best suits you and lets try to come up with the best cause..

1. Chronic dental problem.
2. Chronic skin problem.
3. H Pylori infection. Diagnosed with Peptic ulcer.
4. Some protozoan infection. Giardia/Amoeba?
5. Just a nasty parasite./worm.
6. Fungal infection.
I'm starting the Thrush/Candida Diet for 7 days. My roomate and his girlfriend were so allergic to me they would sleep over at her place for many semesters. What shame!!!! Today, a friend got up in a meeting and moved to another area of the room. I can't take this. The only time when it went away was in college I tried this diet and everyone around me stopped sneezing and clearing their throats. My scalp is dry and I use nicotine, I think there is a link here and it is Seborrbeic that is resulting as my aliment. I may have created the perfect storm to clear a room. The natural docs say nicotine is a massive driver in the infestation of yeast and the sugars and breads are the food, thus the scalp and other areas of the body start drying out into fungal crust. This is all my theory and I'm going to test it. I'm going on a retreat and am going to do the "Yeast Control for 7 Days" and no nicotine. It's gonna hurt but anything is better than that shame. To maintain this lifestyle is monklike, but I'll try anything at this point. I'll report back.

~James

PS: People are allergic to animals, why not some people?
I to have rectal scratch and when I eat yeast it intensifies once they feed and I'm laying down for bed. I think their might be cause with their waste, the beer breath the white tongue when ones scraps & of course the dry scalp and skin not oily or sweaty but underneath that. The fungus that they create also known as "Seborrbeic Dermatitis".

PS: Other people like my aunt who is an MD knows that I have some type of Dander that she is allergic too but she can't explain it. Weird
Its been 4 day since I've had Yeast, Dairy, nicotine or sugar and the headaches are starting to subside and all my close friends have told me the smell and allergies that I emanated are gone. People don't hack and violently clearing their throats in my presence. I never could have dreamed of this peace. The brain fog is lifting and the yeast infected fungus on my arms that doctors call dermatitis (little tiny micro puss bumps)  are dried up and are returning to the original state. The white stuff on my tongue is gone (breath is nice now). The gobs of sleep in my eyes if left unpicked are not there at the end the day. I've found my peace and serenity all I needed was to get in so much pain about this that I'd be willing to go to any length. Drowning man saved....

The link to start the journey in the solution:
http://www.candidasupport.org/

~James
Oh yes and cradle cap (Dander) on my head is gone as well. Still not sleeping the best the guide said this lasts a week.
I haven't slept in 4 days but white chunks are in my stoll and I have brain zaps all of which is what people said the experience would be. Also pin worms from the meat & breads are being evacuated. Still nobody is allergic to me after six days, wow the pain of that is gone forever is long as I stick to my meal plan. Its serious business the withdrawal is worst than anything I've had oye, emotions. I can't see to many people with the willingness to forgo these eight days. I'm in it though.
I am having the same impact on people no matter where I go. If I am on the train people caugh and sneeze and start to complain about there allergies or there sinus acting up, of I am at work the same thing, I told my doctor about it and he siad he never heard of anything like that. I don't think it has to deal with body products I think it comes directly from the body, because it even happins when I am completley naked around my girlfriend, this is really messing up my life, I really wish someone can find a solution.
here is my story...i'm 27 USED to be healthy as hell...a little over  a year ago i started developing sinus problems(stuffiness, headaches, etc..) just brushed it off...thought maybe i was developing allergies, which i've never had.  i have done 2 tours in Iraq so i thought maybe i caught some foreign bug...anyways, then the smell came...people told me i was crazy and imagining it.  the people i have confided in tell me they do nt smell nothing.  i was others as they pass by, they sniffle, cough, rub their nose.  i had sinus surgery done..to no avail.  i still have a rotten smell in my nose and can taste it.  i can feel and smell it coming out of my pores.  its humbled and shamed me tremendously.  i started asking myself if this were a punishment/awakening from a higher power unto me for the mistakes and judgments i have passed in my lifetime.  i think its interesting that someone brought up vibrations and frequencies because i have just started studying those.  i feel almost like an aura around me, an allergen force field if you may.  i can see dust floating around me like someone else mentioned.  all my medical exams have been fine.  i think its insane out of all of you and me included this hasnt been diagnosed.  it may be your frequencies and an awakening calling out to you, but its hard to imagine that you're affecting others with a low vibration when others are almost oblivious to the idea of vibrations and god.  anyways, heres what i can lay down if anyone has had similar symptoms: i have had MRSA in the past. I have chronic sinus pain, almost nerve like pain on the right side of my face extending into the neck and back.  my **** is always bright yellow and odorous even though i stay well hydrated. i seem to have developed allergens and seems to be sick alot. these all started at the same time.  i thought maybe depression and mind . i'm not sure.
Hi, I have about the same symptoms as you although I've never had MRSA and I wouldn't even know if I've had it. I was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis (swollen nasal passages) back in May 2010. I do smell a strange smell too. It's not on my close just like aura like you said or like something hoovering around me. People that I've asked say I don't smell (people I've never met before said I don't smell). Are you being treated by a dr.? I've had thoughts the same as you, like I was being punish by God for not living my life right. I didn't life a healthy lifestyle and ate lots of junk food.
I have the same problem.  I was in a facility the other day and the man next to me started coughing so hard that he had to get up and walk away.  I have been very angry with God. I lost my job of four in half years because I believe HR was just receiving too many complaints.  Anybody that sat near me got sick (coughing, sneezing, runny noses).  A company is not going to put its employees in harms way.  I too have gone to numerous doctors w/o a solution.  I was tested for many diseases including AIDS and tuberculosis, negative.  I have had the health department test my home for mold, positive.  I gave the landlord the ppw from the health department.  He pulled up carpet and treated whatever was underneath it in the bedrooms.  I think the main problem is in the bathroom.  Many times when people walk in my bathroom, they start sneezing including me.  Know matter how much I clean, it has this weird smell.  I will make another complaint to the landlord (Im a little nervous because this is costing him money) because he really didnt do anything to that room.  I will have to get over my fear because this could be what cost me my job.  Also, I do no want the next tenant to go through this.  So, wish me luck and will definately keep all of you in my prayers.
I have the same problem - I make other people and myself sneeze. It usually occurs when I'm nervous. My current theory is that stomach acid is causing my stomach lining to become more porous causing possibly bacteria (or something else) to enter the bloodstream and be excreated through the sweat pores. This "foreign" substance then irritates other people's nasal passages. Before I also gave off a fecal smell and found giving up sugar reduced this quite a lot (and also solved my irratable bowl syndrome). The sneezing problem went away for a while but then around Easter I had a few chocolate eggs and it came back and didn't go away when I gave up sugar again. The thing with sugar is that some people don't obsorb it properly and it possibly feeds bacteria or candida in the intestines.
Really? So you think people coming up to you and telling you that
1. you should die because you smell so bad,
2. or someone coming up to you and telling you that you smell like raw sewage,
3. or someone coming up to you and telling you that you smell like dead body.
4. or someone coming up to you and telling you that you should go to the bathroom.
5. or someone turning towards you and saying out loud that you smell "weird"
6. or your boss pulling you in conference room, and telling you how to wipe your *** clean and washing it and bathing it,
7. YOUR WIFE TELLING YOU HOW YOU SMELL BAD? AND YOUR BREATH IS ROTTEN?

1. poeple holding their noses when you enter (room, car, bus, train)
2. people start coughing/sneezing/getting allergic reactions as soon as you enter (room, car, bus, train), but stopping as soon as you get a certain distance away, and you can test this by doing multiple entrances and exits
YOUR WIFE TELLING YOU THAT HER, AND MY SONS  ALLERGIES CLEAR UP WHEN I AM NOT THERE

IS A MENTAL HALUCINATION? WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO RECROD THIS ON A CAMERA AND SHOW IT TO YOU?

For real. This kind of thing happens. It happens to me. When I go to a place everyone sneezes and people call for fresh air and the like. It is really causing psychological problem and affecting my progress in life. I sometimes feel suicidal.
I'm 14 years old and I too make people cough, sneeze, clear their throats and drink water. This all started when I was 12 years old. I was in my spanish class and I was having an emotional crisis and then suddenly I started noticing people coughing around me. At first I didn't think of it seriously. But, the next day I heard it again and I had this weird feeling that they were coughing because of me. Now I make people do all kinds of weird things like burping, breathing hard, sniffle, lip smacking, yawning, etc. I have this weird feeling that every time I go out of my mind people start coughing. I feel like I give people some kind of tension that forces them to cough. My pyscologist thinks Im paranoid. My doctor doesn't even know that this condition has a name. And I suffered through misophonia and depression for 2 years.... please help me!!! or give me a reply!!!
I'm sick and tired of listening to coughing all my life!!!!
Hi, I post on the forum on this website PATM (People allergic to me and People allergic to me too. Check the first one, that is where I post the most.  
I just contracted this problem (or at least noticed it in late 2009 around the holidays).  Months before this I was diagnosed with diverticulitis and a fibroid tumor.  I went on a vegan diet for 4 months then went off the diet and started eating normal. I had food poisioning and didn't eat regulary for like 10 days (november).  Then  in dec. I noticed that I had a bad stomach ache after I ate or drank something.  That year in dec. i was in a car accident and then again in Jan.  By January PATM was in full swing.  I don't know what brought it on but I was also eating lots of junk food at the time too. I also had skin rashes that were unexplainable, they looked like scratches and I kept smelling a bad burning smell.   In the late spring of 2011 I noticed that PATM was diminishing a little. I was drinking ginger tea (from the ginger root) and taking digestive enzymes and I changed my diet to be mostly vegan food and drinking rooibos tea. By Oct. 2011, I was a eating nothing but vegan food. I was also taking vitamin D3, Iron, B1.  Things were getting better. It was like this for about 10 months. Now in April PATM is coming back much stronger.  I went off my diet a little.  I think I ate something with dairy in it not too long ago and didn't realize it and I have many food allergies.  Onions, dairy, sugar, potatoes, corn, wheat, spelt, cashews are all my food allergies and I have to stay away from them or I will break out or get nauseous, gas, diarrhea. I have been eating potatoes a lot lately, chips and fries. Sugar and potatoes I don't think my body can break these down anymore so I think that's why I have PATM, what the body can't break down it becomes a toxin in your body.  A lot of people lately have been reacting with coughs around me since I strayed on my diet.

I would strongly suggest thinking about foods that you eat very often and then stop eating those foods. you could have developed an allergy to them. the body loses enzymes for particular foods when you eat them too much and so then you develop an allergy.  Everytime you eat them, your body can't do anything with it and it just putrefies and builds toxins in your body.  The toxins can emit a chemical that maybe other people are smelling and it's irritating them.  When I drink alcohol , PATM is really bad.  I also think we have taxed livers (and adrenal glands), bad fatty livers, poorly functioning livers.  

I would suggest stop eating bad fats like meat and saturated oils, stop eating processed foods/packaged/frozen foods, dairy, wheat, white flour, white rice, corn, white potatoes, chocolate, table salt, sugar and eat and juice fresh vegetables and fruits. Eat nuts and seeds. Eat more vegetables than fruits. eat as much as you want (except nuts, fruits but definitely eat as much veggies as you want). Eat grains like brown rice and quinoa. Definitely get a juicer and a blender and just eat as much whole foods as you can.  Always rotate your foods on a weekly basis b/c you don't want to develop food allergies. get a probiotic, digestive enzyme.  I started juicing wheat grass. this is a miracle plant.  it's gluten free. it heals a lot of problems.  Eat 85% raw and 15% cooked , I'd do this for a year and see what happens. It can't hurt if you do it right and you'd be much healthier and if you're over weight you can lose weight.

I started to food combine. You definitely want to look into this.
Some books to read "The Hallelujah Diet" Author Last Name: Malkmus
"You Are What You Eat"  Dr. Gillian McKieth (she has a website with her name in the address)

Always start your day with room temp. water (wait a half hour before you eat breakfast).
Always eat breakfast (vegan food. I start out with fruits)
Always go to bed before 11pm or between 11pm and 2am
Exercise at least 15-30 mins a day
Sweat out your toxins
Get fresh air, sunlight/Vit D3
Breath
Practice good hygeine
Keep your intestines and bowels clean by eating "clean foods". once every year you can also do a  colon cleanse.
Think good thoughts.
Don't eat when you're stressed out.
Relax.
Chew your food until it is liquified. Chew thoroughly.
Do not drink fluids when you eat.  Wait an hour after you eat to drink or drink 30 mins before you eat.
By doing this you can nurse your digestive system back to health.

I smelled my feces once and started coughing. also i've noticed undigested food in my feces.

Things that keep your bowels/colon/intestines dirty: Meat, eggs, fish, seafood, dairy from an animal, flours especially white,  gluten can be toxic to most humans and people do not even have symptoms of being allergic to gluten, anything from an animal.    Our intestines were not designed to digest these "foods".  They are responsible for causing leaky gut syndrome, celiac disease, diverticulitis. If we have too much of these foods in our intestines, they stick in there, and rot.  If rotting occurs we've built up toxins that make us sick (and other people).  We won't be able to absorb nutrients from the food.  we can end up with anemia, skin disorders, tumors etc.  

We're only designed to digest plants/fruits/seeds/ whole grains/nuts, things that come from the ground.  Eating these foods breakdown the functioning of your organs and they cannot work as good as you were a child.  You overall health depends on the health of your digestive tract. I also think this could be brought on by worms or parasites. So doing some kind of cleanse such as going vegan, colonic, colon cleanse of your choice (tea, herbal supplement etc) would be a good idea.  Doing the candida diet is also a good idea to expel parasites and worms.  Whatever you chose make sure it's safe. I prefer to take the natural route.

I hope this helps
I meant eating meat etc can breakdown your organs (not the healthy stuff)
I too, started out with fecal body odor, that recently went to the breath because I am under a serious amount of stress. I've been able to manage the stress and my breath is nowhere near as bad as it was a month ago.  My body odor is transient, and resistant to good hygienic routine (I am meticulous) This "people are allergic to me" thing is a little newer.  Before, people would hold their noses and they would not be shy about letting me know that I smelled.  Now, it's just coughing, the sniffles, rubbing the nose as if it were itching (which is different from rubbing the nose as in "you stink) AND people don't look at you in disgust with PATM, they just do the above stuff.  Since I've been managing my stress, I've noticed the Odour is gone, because people don't even look in my direction like they did for years, they just think that they have the sniffles.  I went to pay my cell phone bill this morning, and everyone stated coughing, sniffling, rubbing their noses, but nobody looked at me.  So stress is a big factor here.  I eat smaller meals (oh, and drinking tons of water makes things WORSE for us people) I drink about eight ounces of water an hour(muuuch better results).
I am baffled by this. But I know stress makes it worse by causing your body not to break down the chemicals from the food you eat.  God help us!!!!

I had this problem of people being allergic to me for the last 14-15 years. I suffered immensely because of it. I suffered professionally. I was in the US then. I went from doctor to doctor, my sister and brother in law are doctors i asked them. I told my parents. No one believed me. I was even put on psychiatric medication, my doctor said it was pschological and no one was coughing because of me.

I had a really strange problem, Not every one was allergic to me some were and some were badly. i really felt guilty inside giving them bad throats and sinus etc when around. Other symptoms they had included stomach ache , head ache. In fact sometimes i could get a sense of it as i myself have sneezed and have severe headaches.They sneezed they coughed. I was supremely embarrassed and sad

I first thought it was my jacket. I changed my jacket, my clothes, my socks, my shoes, my deodrant, my car, my house, my diet nothing worked. I could not control it and it added to my anxiety. Nobody believing me made it worse i was alone and branded a nut. The doctors had not heard of it.
I at a point thought it could be my sweat. But it wasn't either, because when i worked out in the gym the symptoms were not there. I initially thought it was sweat because i would tense up when it happened which coused me to sweat more and then symptoms increased. But this was not a cause either

Some thought it was depression, but i was not depressed. I kept upbeat. I was discriminated against, harrassed and faced hostile situations so on. Life was tough i was facing a losing hostile battle. I was scared to go to work or to college when i joined for an MBA. It was agonizing.

It was really strange. There was no odour involved it was really strange. just like magic.It would start out with someone coughing. It was so strange that it could affect someone even 150ft away if he was allergic. Then i would notice, it would tense me up and worsen the situation. Then more people would get affected more coughs more tension i was by then totally anxious. (This was not an anxiety disorder either as this has an underlying cause its natural to feel tense when u know you are the cause).
I really felt guilty and did not know what to do.

However over time i began to understand the causes better. In my case
the ways to control it were

1) 50% could be controlled by having sound sleep for 9+hrs a day
if i slept less what especially less than 4-5 hrs then my body would be in an elevated stressed state and this would cause i donot what but some thing in my system to produce more adrenaline or i donot know what but it caused the symptoms of people coughing and sneezing around me.

This is one major advice i can give. Sleep more than yuor requirement.

2) 20% meditate and deep breath. Deep breath and try to relax when some one is coughing. Try to disassociate your self and keep calm it helps.

3) 30% is diet and exercise. Check your VLDL cholestrol , shift to vegetarian, eat healthy

So basicallly get your balance back.

The symptoms in my case have not vanished but have GREATLY diminished so that now i can go about normal activity.

It took me 15 years to figure out sleep was an important constituent in my case. So my advice please sleep early, sleep sound and try and relax. Please sleep atleast 9 hrs. Also keep calm meditate and get your balance in life back. get some sun light and exercise cardio and sweat.

This is my advice. Guys and Gals who are affected please try this and tell me if it worked for you.
.
I can't say that I am happy to hear that other people are suffering from this condition ,but relieved in some way that it is just not my mind going crazy. I can not use public transportation or go to restaurants anymore because everybody starts to cough and sneeze and there noses are all itchy when ever I enter a building or a room. This has been 14 years ongoing and have went to dozens of doctors that have told me there is no such thing and I am imagining it. I had to give up my office job because of the horror that would occur every day. It has ruined my social life as well. I have tried everything that was mentioned above and had no succesful results.  My condition also started with the fecal odor, witch isn't so prevalent anymore as initially but the sneezing,coughing and itchy noses continue. I also pray every night God Help Us Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If sleep fs a reason I  am in trouble because I have been having problems with sleep for years now, I have tried everything I know to get more sleep. Medication, supplements, exercise, milk, you name it, I had a sleep study and they found nothing wrong but I wake several times all through the night
Trust me your not crazy, I have the same exact problem and dont know what to do
I have this problem for 3 years. and though it seems incredible. many of us have magnetism with dust and lint. that is why we cause allergy to other people. this is in enclosed spaces like subway, bus, school, office. etc. .. I am living in canada and in winter is even worse. I'm looking for a solution. I feel that my problem is neurological or nerve that causes this reaction. but I will continue investigating. odor problem is not, because I changed my deodorant, perfume, detergent etc. I always say I smell good. I have headaches very strong when it started this problem and my doctor I detect a trigeminal neuralgia. I have treated with medication. but does not work. I've seen different things on this forum as fecal or sweat smell ammonia. but with me it is not. my problem is the attraction of dust and lint. the more dirty the place is worse the problem. people cough, sneeze, sounding their throats, gives them itchy nose. my life is different since this problem started. but I will continue looking for a solution. if anyone knows anything contact me. and if I find a solution is the publishes.
Yes I want you to record it and show it to me
I am suffering with same condition for past 7 years and contionusly monitoring the cause. I noticed that its not due to any gas or odour, but it is because of tiny cloth dust or cloth pollen around us. Whenever i wear a shirt in morning, i feel these cloth dust and cloth pollen and it causes heavy nose itching to me also. I feel absolutely comfortable when i remove my shirt.
I my office Elevator, i can see these dust or hair like clothe dust clearly coming out of my shirt/ body, as Elevator has mirror on all side with a good light from top.
This has ruined my life, but still finding some solution. People around me in the office are frustrated.
In my previous office, one of my friend sitting next to me told that he feel suffocated in my presence. He told this directly to me. I just gave him crying smile.
I feel this has relation to our blood circulation which causes our body to release heavy cloth dust or cloth pollen from our cloth, which in confined spaces causes allergic reaction to others.
- Work very hard (reading books, webs..) until midnight ( since years ago I feared I couldn't sleep and I tried to go to bed early and as a result I couldn't sleep), this will help you not to wake up many times
- Practice peacefulness to mind in whatever stressful situation.Our  thoughts is the leading cause to sleepiness, so I control my thoughts by : anytime I when to bed, I close my eyes and try to imagine/recall what I had studied in the morning. I totally focus on this mentally recalling picture persistently and peacefully until my brain go to the alpha-wave state and my sleep comes.
- Try to be stronger mentally by practice (I tried to meet people with a sleepless face and not shy because fear/stress is the leading factor to insomnia)
- Don't get frustration when you can't sleep (since we live by our habit, the next night you will get into repeated cycle of sleepless/frustration)

Best wishes
If you have questions about this or my odor problem control stuff you could send me an email at :  ***@****
I have been lurking for years... I'm not seeing of the old names that used to post regularly ... A couple folks getting fed up but virtually all the old members it around... I jus want to make sure no one has succumbed to this madness.... Still have PATM BUT DRINKING HOT LEMON WATER HELPS... So please keep on!!! I have so many other theories and Experienced but I'm so busy... Hit me in my inbox I really want to be able to talk to sufferers... Peace love xoxoxo
I'm also suffering from the "people allergic to me"-problem.

But lately it has gotten worse. Often when I talk face-to-face with someone or eat, they can suddenly begin to sniff and clear their throats like crazy. Those reactions happened before as well but not so intense.

I don't think its a odor problem, as it only starts when they are looking at me. At least it feels so.

Any suggestions? I know that people think I am very tense, and I agree with them. But only because I'm tense they shouldn't react allergic.

It would be a good experience if some people with this problem met up, see if we get allergic reactions to each other, and if so, we talk about how it occurred.

Sorry if the text is hard to read, I'm not a native English speaker.
Hi guys! I'm so f**king happy to have found this thread. I have been experiencing both the "people are allergic to me" reaction and the fecal body odor problem. I'm not sure if I have fecal body odor as I can't smell it but I'm certain I'm emitting allergens because people sneeze, cough, sniffle when they walk past me. I'm not sure how far the allergens can spread but my housemates downstairs cough like crazy when I'm in my room upstairs. I tape all around my door so that no smell can escape my room...and I don't smell gas or fecal odor when I go downstairs but my housemates keep coughing. So this made me think that maybe I have a fungi or mold overgrowth in my intestines. I was put on antibiotics a year and a half ago and I have been having horribly foul smelling gas since then but me being a walking allergen didn't happen until 2 weeks ago. Maybe the mold growing in my bathroom when I was taking antibiotics got into my body and colonized it? what i don't understand is why didn't the symptoms occur earlier?  took vitamin b complex and chinese herbs right before the symptoms started so they may have been the trigger. I'm guessing that I'm somehow releasing spores into the air from the mold/fungus in me that is making people allergic. Like someone above said, some people can smell it while others can't.
I too suffer. Has anybody in this forum suffered from intestinal pains or stomach numbness? If i think this disease could be linked to digestive problems.. Or has anybody used excessive medications at the same time? Or been exposed to mold that you think could've been ingested in our bloodstream These are all factors. I've just been diagnosed wit hepatitis c bit idk if that ties into things. The thing is Dr's have no solutions so its up to us to help each other out.. if we depend on this health system we'd be both sick and broke. Let's share each others knowledge and try to figure this out. I don't think prescriptions are the answer.. it has to be something herbal... natural .. let's help each other
When i first stumbled on this thread i too was so elated that my problem was not just confined to me and how spot on it was. I started to experience aforementioned allergic reactions last year just before my birthday and the Rugby World Cup - 'brilliant' timing for a period wanting and having to socialize. Subsequently I've spent days reading and researching on BB symptoms, natural and medical remedies, and its effects on those around me. Finding this and other related threads seemed to remove half of this nightmarish burden we have to experience. Im a very sensitive person, very in tune with others perceptions of my being and thus have been thrown into phases of despair and self-isolation. This, on top of the fact that i've suffered from depression, does not bode well for a healthy humane future. Braais (BBQ's), partys, holidays are now what i most dread. My times alone reading, watching a movie and everything else ALONE is what i most cherish, is where i don't have to be subjected to that recurrent jolt or bolt of others coughing, clearing, sneezing, etc. - a nasty reminder on how unpleasant physical contact is with you.
Being a depressive, I'm a smoker too and am hellbent on giving up. Im due for a lung Xray next week (dual-purpose) and hopefully this will shed light on any lingering malodorous gases and compounds. Also want to investigate the gastro-intestinal thing.
One of the previous comments gave a link that could provide solutions. http://www.health.co.uk/acidophilus-facts.asp

Thanks and congrats to all for commenting, it took me a whole year to come out of my comfort zone and cast mine.

I had this problem my whole life.  It gets worse the older i get.  But the worst thing is being unable to find any answers to why this is happening.  
i have the same PATM condition.  please help!
I am 49 years old, I have always have sweaty underarms and occasional bad breath after a long time of not visiting dentist. However I was working from home for a long period of time and there was an undetected big hole in the wall where I sit that was covered by workstation cabinet left by previous owner. Over the long period of time, the dust emanating from the hole in the wall gave me dust allergy. Coupled with nasty stomach virus at the time and acid reflux episodes at one time, I started developing the issue of sinus that makes my breath worst and occasional sneeze from co-workers. These two conditions got worse when I am stressed. I am learning to control it by:
1) While, I am at work I think a happy thought. I tell myself "way to go buddy", "He lay me beside still water" anything to keep my stress level going up.
2) I take this cheap generic anti allergy from Walmart. It helps me control my allergy for about half a day and reduce my stomach acid influx. Latter is a huge relieve.
3) At interval, while I am at work I go in the bathroom and clean my armpit with anti-bacteria soap. I even clean my nostril. cleaning my armpit gives me HUGE clean feeling and reduce my stress level a lot.
4) Take daily vitamin in the morning.
5) Keep hand cleaning solution at desk at work and in the kitchen at home
6) ENJOY LIFE, keep telling myself this (allergy life) is not the live I want to live. I want  to enjoy life abundantly.
7) Lastly, I am writing this on a selfish note to make myself better.
hie guyz did anyone find a solution
Okay, everyone. Please go to page one of this thread and read all the posts by Infinitus. He/she has some very good thoughts and will also get you headed in the right direction. While there may be some cases of irritating others by what you wear, what you eat (do you eat a ton of garlic and smell like a garlic bulb?), how clean you are, smells and whatnot, that's not what most of this is about! It's simply one of the mysteries of life that people will rarely if ever talk about. It's much more taboo, than say, talking about UFOs. That's why your doctors will not be in a position to help you in most of cases. If they know what is happening, they aren't likely to admit it to you.

All of us carry an electrical energy field with us everywhere we go. Surely, everyone has heard stories about someone with such a magnetic personality or presence, that when they enter a room, everybody will look their way. Conversely, you may have experienced people with such a negative aura about them, that they just totally creep you out. The coughing by others comes about when your energy field, gets too close to someone else that has a different field from you (or maybe yours is just stronger). More so when you are very happy (or agitated) about something. They say opposites attract, but in these cases, it's more like positive and negative don't mix. It could just as easily be your positive energy that is bothering negative people, than the reverse. SO, PLEASE DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT. It's certainly their issue, not yours! Don't let people stomp out your light. Misery loves company, forget that. And even if you are negative at the moment or in a seemingly unending rut, as the wonderful poem Desiderata states; "you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here."

Someone mentioned in the thread that they can make someone cough from 150 feet away. True. It some cases it simply comes from you thinking about them and thereby projecting your energy at them. Other times, the coughing and such just sort of starts closer to you and then just spreads out from there like a chain reaction. Once you know what is going on, you can sort of chuckle rather than cry about it. It's simply a part of life, that I suspect has been taking place since the beginning of time. Don't believe what I'm telling you? Just be observant and you will soon see.

If a person wanted to put a religious twist to this, you might say that good and evil don't mix. Spirit filled people may well just bow people over with their radiance causing others to forcefully reject it by coughing. I suppose the reverse could be true as well. But I digress. Please don't let me lose you with this train of thought.

What you eat and drink is important, but usually only in the sense that you want to have a healthy body. You want to be as physically fit as possible. Remember, healthy body, healthy mind, healthy energy. Get outdoors and enjoy the sun and nature. Meditate. Listen to uplifting music. Maybe get into yoga or some other healthy discipline. Do what feeds the spirit. In other words, you want to raise your vibrational level. It's good for you even if others might at times find it objectionable. Please Google about how to do this. There's many great sources out there.

Like you a lot of you, I suffer from this affliction and have most of my life. I've cried a river of tears and beat myself up about it for years. I've shut myself in a box and was depressed for the longest time. No longer. Things may never change for some of us, but now by this thread, you know you are not alone. The main thing is to just act normal, if there really is such a thing. As hard as it sounds, get on with your life. Remember, you have a right to be here. Take care, my friends. Godspeed.
2, 4, 5, 6 are my answers. I am experiencing the people allergic to me. Tried acidophilus, eating healthy and organic but nothing changed. My stuffy nose cleared up though.
I have this coughing problem for a long time, it started a year ago. What I've come to realize is people can cough for all sorts of reasons, "it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with us". People can cough if their throats are itchy, or if they have a cold, to break a silence, a natural habit, or simply coughing for the heck of it.

I think what we are experiencing is NOT that people have allergy reactions to us, but that they are so called "Fake Coughing" to hint at us or to the crowd that we are not behaving like the "norm" or properly. That our presences are making people feeling uneasy or uncomfortable for whatever we are doing, perhaps we are feeling nervous around people (which I am), projecting to others, looked at other people in a wrong way, etc. Fake Coughing is a form of "Passive Aggression" where people do not know how to or have no way to communicate their negative feelings about you to you. It is very much an immature or childish way of socializing.

There are many other reasons why someone will cough around us. One example would be the Smoker Cough, where either the smoker or people around the smoker coughs. Smoker can cough if they stopped their cigarets for a while. People who do not smoke can cough if they inhaled smoke, or simply telling the smoker he/she is at the wrong spot to smoke.

Another example would be if someone disagree with you while you are talking in a group, and they can cough to single you out.

I've done a lot of research on this issue, and the reason why I want to contribute to this discussion is because I know how it feels going through all these. It can be very frightening and scary, like the whole world is upon you. Its like a mind-rape going through life everyday like this, where you are constantly feeling on the edge or alert, tensed up, frightened and simply feeling very annoyed like ****.

Bottom line is PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLERGIC TO YOU GUYS at all! People can be coughing for many many reasons. Try not to take them personally, as life is way too short for that. "There is no scientific studies on this, nor is there an illness that is related to this issue." You can research all you want, but you won't find an illness that describe all this.

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!! Reality can be scary, but you got to keep moving forward and make changes along the way!
I too suffer from these madness for years, its energy and time consuming, I go thru mild soap and deodorants like crazy, I take from two to three showers a day, I totally changed my diet, I only eat a fruit in the morning with green tea, lunch time I get some salad with chicken breast, and night time clear veggie soup, (no garlic or onion), I use ginger and cilantro for flavor, i banned the pork, and red meat from the diet, I take s. boulardi probiotic everyday, and multivitamins and fish oil every other day, cause i' ve noticed fish oil exacerbate the Bo more, i am exercising three times a week for half and hour, i meditate in Gods word night time and mornings for five to ten min. before head out of the door.  This changes not only help me to shed ten pounds, i gain some confidence, the meditation help me to be more calm and at peace, im not saying its going to work for everyone, but at least take chances and make changes in your life and who knows it may work for you. God bless u
My symptoms are same. I jux saw your comment. Im from ghana in Africa, ive had this as far back as in junior high school. Im 26 now and a worker.  Now I cant take it any more.  I don't want to go out with friends nor even to the market, nor the shops or anyhere for that matter. I o need ly feel comfortable when im with myself.  I pick up all sorts of smells in places. Onion smells stick to my hands for a week even after so many washing. I think about quitting my job as it takes a lot of will to show up every day. I don't let people approach me.  Given that you posted about five years ago,  please let me know of any progress you have made. My mum is superstitious; thinks its somewhat spiritual.  If I don't find a solution soon I don't know what will become of me.
This is happening to me I been tryng to treat SIBO and Candida. It seems to help a little, but it's not 100% gone. I also don't just smell I had other health problems like vertigo and constant UTIs/ cervicitus. Really bad stomach problems. I'm a biochemistry major at ASU. I'm going to find the cure for this thing. I'm a Born Again Believer in Christ and I'm not afraid of anything. No weapon formed against any of us is going to prosper because God's with us. And he's a thousand times more powerful than this condition. I go to university and deal with embarrasment and I'm like the rest of you know one understands, but they don't need to because God does. I'm going to really pray and seek him for a solution to this thing because I think I might have got this to help everyone else suffering with it. I was normal before and now this is happenging to me, but there's an answer and his name is JESUS!
I'm confused how many of you think it's a medical problem. trust me, i never had any problem with bad breath, body odor etc.
Still i get coughed at, sniffed at and so on.
It's 100% psychological. In my early 20ies i got very afraid against the public in genereal - out of nowhere. i was afraid to go to concerts etc because of the people. at the same time people started that coughing thing around me. it still bothers me today but i can totally live with it. how did i mange that?

I realised that they mirror my low self esteem, they mirror my fears to be seen, to be judged and all other sorts of negative feelings  i have towards other people. through therapy i learned to accept, that that's sadly the way i look onto myself. i look at myself in a very negative judging way and the tension in me gets visible, if you want it's a stressful vibe that i have.

But i have started to directly talk to people, those who cough especially. i realised that no single one had anything against me. in contrary, they were somehow grateful, that i talk to them. i guess i can't help thinking about the possible reactions of strangers, so i look like i'm up to something when deep inside i wish i could just mind my own business. as soon as i speak some words to a person, i can relax a little bit, the coughing doesn't disappear but it get's less.
I repeat - it has nothing to do with smell in my case. I can make people cough that are across a big room in the distance, just with looking awkard.

I won't get rid of this but that is not important. The important thing is to become okay with it and live your life anyway. You have no choice. I don't think any diet can help you. Instead look for your mental cure.
Viewing 201-295 comments: