People are allergic to me too
I had read that someone had a similar problem to mine. Within a few minutes of entering a room, people begin coughing and/or sneezing.(By the way, it's always 2 coughs in a row.) I am not sick at all but everyone around me becomes sick upon meeting me. Doctors have told me that it's just allergy season, but this has been going on for a couple years! Besides the endless coughing and sneezing, other symptoms that people develop include: itching around the eyes and nose, acne (on face and neck), sores on the outer lips, and fatigue. I feel alone and am making myself an outcast from society.  This feels like an airborn virus but besides the dermatological aspect, I do not feel sick at all. I wish someone could help me. Any suggestions would help.
Trust me your not crazy, I have the same exact problem and dont know what to do
I have this problem for 3 years. and though it seems incredible. many of us have magnetism with dust and lint. that is why we cause allergy to other people. this is in enclosed spaces like subway, bus, school, office. etc. .. I am living in canada and in winter is even worse. I'm looking for a solution. I feel that my problem is neurological or nerve that causes this reaction. but I will continue investigating. odor problem is not, because I changed my deodorant, perfume, detergent etc. I always say I smell good. I have headaches very strong when it started this problem and my doctor I detect a trigeminal neuralgia. I have treated with medication. but does not work. I've seen different things on this forum as fecal or sweat smell ammonia. but with me it is not. my problem is the attraction of dust and lint. the more dirty the place is worse the problem. people cough, sneeze, sounding their throats, gives them itchy nose. my life is different since this problem started. but I will continue looking for a solution. if anyone knows anything contact me. and if I find a solution is the publishes.
Yes I want you to record it and show it to me
I am suffering with same condition for past 7 years and contionusly monitoring the cause. I noticed that its not due to any gas or odour, but it is because of tiny cloth dust or cloth pollen around us. Whenever i wear a shirt in morning, i feel these cloth dust and cloth pollen and it causes heavy nose itching to me also. I feel absolutely comfortable when i remove my shirt.
I my office Elevator, i can see these dust or hair like clothe dust clearly coming out of my shirt/ body, as Elevator has mirror on all side with a good light from top.
This has ruined my life, but still finding some solution. People around me in the office are frustrated.
In my previous office, one of my friend sitting next to me told that he feel suffocated in my presence. He told this directly to me. I just gave him crying smile.
I feel this has relation to our blood circulation which causes our body to release heavy cloth dust or cloth pollen from our cloth, which in confined spaces causes allergic reaction to others.
- Work very hard (reading books, webs..) until midnight ( since years ago I feared I couldn't sleep and I tried to go to bed early and as a result I couldn't sleep), this will help you not to wake up many times
- Practice peacefulness to mind in whatever stressful situation.Our  thoughts is the leading cause to sleepiness, so I control my thoughts by : anytime I when to bed, I close my eyes and try to imagine/recall what I had studied in the morning. I totally focus on this mentally recalling picture persistently and peacefully until my brain go to the alpha-wave state and my sleep comes.
- Try to be stronger mentally by practice (I tried to meet people with a sleepless face and not shy because fear/stress is the leading factor to insomnia)
- Don't get frustration when you can't sleep (since we live by our habit, the next night you will get into repeated cycle of sleepless/frustration)

Best wishes
If you have questions about this or my odor problem control stuff you could send me an email at :  ***@****
I have been lurking for years... I'm not seeing of the old names that used to post regularly ... A couple folks getting fed up but virtually all the old members it around... I jus want to make sure no one has succumbed to this madness.... Still have PATM BUT DRINKING HOT LEMON WATER HELPS... So please keep on!!! I have so many other theories and Experienced but I'm so busy... Hit me in my inbox I really want to be able to talk to sufferers... Peace love xoxoxo
I'm also suffering from the "people allergic to me"-problem.

But lately it has gotten worse. Often when I talk face-to-face with someone or eat, they can suddenly begin to sniff and clear their throats like crazy. Those reactions happened before as well but not so intense.

I don't think its a odor problem, as it only starts when they are looking at me. At least it feels so.

Any suggestions? I know that people think I am very tense, and I agree with them. But only because I'm tense they shouldn't react allergic.

It would be a good experience if some people with this problem met up, see if we get allergic reactions to each other, and if so, we talk about how it occurred.

Sorry if the text is hard to read, I'm not a native English speaker.
Hi guys! I'm so f**king happy to have found this thread. I have been experiencing both the "people are allergic to me" reaction and the fecal body odor problem. I'm not sure if I have fecal body odor as I can't smell it but I'm certain I'm emitting allergens because people sneeze, cough, sniffle when they walk past me. I'm not sure how far the allergens can spread but my housemates downstairs cough like crazy when I'm in my room upstairs. I tape all around my door so that no smell can escape my room...and I don't smell gas or fecal odor when I go downstairs but my housemates keep coughing. So this made me think that maybe I have a fungi or mold overgrowth in my intestines. I was put on antibiotics a year and a half ago and I have been having horribly foul smelling gas since then but me being a walking allergen didn't happen until 2 weeks ago. Maybe the mold growing in my bathroom when I was taking antibiotics got into my body and colonized it? what i don't understand is why didn't the symptoms occur earlier?  took vitamin b complex and chinese herbs right before the symptoms started so they may have been the trigger. I'm guessing that I'm somehow releasing spores into the air from the mold/fungus in me that is making people allergic. Like someone above said, some people can smell it while others can't.
I too suffer. Has anybody in this forum suffered from intestinal pains or stomach numbness? If i think this disease could be linked to digestive problems.. Or has anybody used excessive medications at the same time? Or been exposed to mold that you think could've been ingested in our bloodstream These are all factors. I've just been diagnosed wit hepatitis c bit idk if that ties into things. The thing is Dr's have no solutions so its up to us to help each other out.. if we depend on this health system we'd be both sick and broke. Let's share each others knowledge and try to figure this out. I don't think prescriptions are the answer.. it has to be something herbal... natural .. let's help each other
When i first stumbled on this thread i too was so elated that my problem was not just confined to me and how spot on it was. I started to experience aforementioned allergic reactions last year just before my birthday and the Rugby World Cup - 'brilliant' timing for a period wanting and having to socialize. Subsequently I've spent days reading and researching on BB symptoms, natural and medical remedies, and its effects on those around me. Finding this and other related threads seemed to remove half of this nightmarish burden we have to experience. Im a very sensitive person, very in tune with others perceptions of my being and thus have been thrown into phases of despair and self-isolation. This, on top of the fact that i've suffered from depression, does not bode well for a healthy humane future. Braais (BBQ's), partys, holidays are now what i most dread. My times alone reading, watching a movie and everything else ALONE is what i most cherish, is where i don't have to be subjected to that recurrent jolt or bolt of others coughing, clearing, sneezing, etc. - a nasty reminder on how unpleasant physical contact is with you.
Being a depressive, I'm a smoker too and am hellbent on giving up. Im due for a lung Xray next week (dual-purpose) and hopefully this will shed light on any lingering malodorous gases and compounds. Also want to investigate the gastro-intestinal thing.
One of the previous comments gave a link that could provide solutions. http://www.health.co.uk/acidophilus-facts.asp

Thanks and congrats to all for commenting, it took me a whole year to come out of my comfort zone and cast mine.

I had this problem my whole life.  It gets worse the older i get.  But the worst thing is being unable to find any answers to why this is happening.  
i have the same PATM condition.  please help!
I am 49 years old, I have always have sweaty underarms and occasional bad breath after a long time of not visiting dentist. However I was working from home for a long period of time and there was an undetected big hole in the wall where I sit that was covered by workstation cabinet left by previous owner. Over the long period of time, the dust emanating from the hole in the wall gave me dust allergy. Coupled with nasty stomach virus at the time and acid reflux episodes at one time, I started developing the issue of sinus that makes my breath worst and occasional sneeze from co-workers. These two conditions got worse when I am stressed. I am learning to control it by:
1) While, I am at work I think a happy thought. I tell myself "way to go buddy", "He lay me beside still water" anything to keep my stress level going up.
2) I take this cheap generic anti allergy from Walmart. It helps me control my allergy for about half a day and reduce my stomach acid influx. Latter is a huge relieve.
3) At interval, while I am at work I go in the bathroom and clean my armpit with anti-bacteria soap. I even clean my nostril. cleaning my armpit gives me HUGE clean feeling and reduce my stress level a lot.
4) Take daily vitamin in the morning.
5) Keep hand cleaning solution at desk at work and in the kitchen at home
6) ENJOY LIFE, keep telling myself this (allergy life) is not the live I want to live. I want  to enjoy life abundantly.
7) Lastly, I am writing this on a selfish note to make myself better.
hie guyz did anyone find a solution
Okay, everyone. Please go to page one of this thread and read all the posts by Infinitus. He/she has some very good thoughts and will also get you headed in the right direction. While there may be some cases of irritating others by what you wear, what you eat (do you eat a ton of garlic and smell like a garlic bulb?), how clean you are, smells and whatnot, that's not what most of this is about! It's simply one of the mysteries of life that people will rarely if ever talk about. It's much more taboo, than say, talking about UFOs. That's why your doctors will not be in a position to help you in most of cases. If they know what is happening, they aren't likely to admit it to you.

All of us carry an electrical energy field with us everywhere we go. Surely, everyone has heard stories about someone with such a magnetic personality or presence, that when they enter a room, everybody will look their way. Conversely, you may have experienced people with such a negative aura about them, that they just totally creep you out. The coughing by others comes about when your energy field, gets too close to someone else that has a different field from you (or maybe yours is just stronger). More so when you are very happy (or agitated) about something. They say opposites attract, but in these cases, it's more like positive and negative don't mix. It could just as easily be your positive energy that is bothering negative people, than the reverse. SO, PLEASE DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT. It's certainly their issue, not yours! Don't let people stomp out your light. Misery loves company, forget that. And even if you are negative at the moment or in a seemingly unending rut, as the wonderful poem Desiderata states; "you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here."

Someone mentioned in the thread that they can make someone cough from 150 feet away. True. It some cases it simply comes from you thinking about them and thereby projecting your energy at them. Other times, the coughing and such just sort of starts closer to you and then just spreads out from there like a chain reaction. Once you know what is going on, you can sort of chuckle rather than cry about it. It's simply a part of life, that I suspect has been taking place since the beginning of time. Don't believe what I'm telling you? Just be observant and you will soon see.

If a person wanted to put a religious twist to this, you might say that good and evil don't mix. Spirit filled people may well just bow people over with their radiance causing others to forcefully reject it by coughing. I suppose the reverse could be true as well. But I digress. Please don't let me lose you with this train of thought.

What you eat and drink is important, but usually only in the sense that you want to have a healthy body. You want to be as physically fit as possible. Remember, healthy body, healthy mind, healthy energy. Get outdoors and enjoy the sun and nature. Meditate. Listen to uplifting music. Maybe get into yoga or some other healthy discipline. Do what feeds the spirit. In other words, you want to raise your vibrational level. It's good for you even if others might at times find it objectionable. Please Google about how to do this. There's many great sources out there.

Like you a lot of you, I suffer from this affliction and have most of my life. I've cried a river of tears and beat myself up about it for years. I've shut myself in a box and was depressed for the longest time. No longer. Things may never change for some of us, but now by this thread, you know you are not alone. The main thing is to just act normal, if there really is such a thing. As hard as it sounds, get on with your life. Remember, you have a right to be here. Take care, my friends. Godspeed.
2, 4, 5, 6 are my answers. I am experiencing the people allergic to me. Tried acidophilus, eating healthy and organic but nothing changed. My stuffy nose cleared up though.
I have this coughing problem for a long time, it started a year ago. What I've come to realize is people can cough for all sorts of reasons, "it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with us". People can cough if their throats are itchy, or if they have a cold, to break a silence, a natural habit, or simply coughing for the heck of it.

I think what we are experiencing is NOT that people have allergy reactions to us, but that they are so called "Fake Coughing" to hint at us or to the crowd that we are not behaving like the "norm" or properly. That our presences are making people feeling uneasy or uncomfortable for whatever we are doing, perhaps we are feeling nervous around people (which I am), projecting to others, looked at other people in a wrong way, etc. Fake Coughing is a form of "Passive Aggression" where people do not know how to or have no way to communicate their negative feelings about you to you. It is very much an immature or childish way of socializing.

There are many other reasons why someone will cough around us. One example would be the Smoker Cough, where either the smoker or people around the smoker coughs. Smoker can cough if they stopped their cigarets for a while. People who do not smoke can cough if they inhaled smoke, or simply telling the smoker he/she is at the wrong spot to smoke.

Another example would be if someone disagree with you while you are talking in a group, and they can cough to single you out.

I've done a lot of research on this issue, and the reason why I want to contribute to this discussion is because I know how it feels going through all these. It can be very frightening and scary, like the whole world is upon you. Its like a mind-rape going through life everyday like this, where you are constantly feeling on the edge or alert, tensed up, frightened and simply feeling very annoyed like ****.

Bottom line is PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLERGIC TO YOU GUYS at all! People can be coughing for many many reasons. Try not to take them personally, as life is way too short for that. "There is no scientific studies on this, nor is there an illness that is related to this issue." You can research all you want, but you won't find an illness that describe all this.

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!! Reality can be scary, but you got to keep moving forward and make changes along the way!
I too suffer from these madness for years, its energy and time consuming, I go thru mild soap and deodorants like crazy, I take from two to three showers a day, I totally changed my diet, I only eat a fruit in the morning with green tea, lunch time I get some salad with chicken breast, and night time clear veggie soup, (no garlic or onion), I use ginger and cilantro for flavor, i banned the pork, and red meat from the diet, I take s. boulardi probiotic everyday, and multivitamins and fish oil every other day, cause i' ve noticed fish oil exacerbate the Bo more, i am exercising three times a week for half and hour, i meditate in Gods word night time and mornings for five to ten min. before head out of the door.  This changes not only help me to shed ten pounds, i gain some confidence, the meditation help me to be more calm and at peace, im not saying its going to work for everyone, but at least take chances and make changes in your life and who knows it may work for you. God bless u
My symptoms are same. I jux saw your comment. Im from ghana in Africa, ive had this as far back as in junior high school. Im 26 now and a worker.  Now I cant take it any more.  I don't want to go out with friends nor even to the market, nor the shops or anyhere for that matter. I o need ly feel comfortable when im with myself.  I pick up all sorts of smells in places. Onion smells stick to my hands for a week even after so many washing. I think about quitting my job as it takes a lot of will to show up every day. I don't let people approach me.  Given that you posted about five years ago,  please let me know of any progress you have made. My mum is superstitious; thinks its somewhat spiritual.  If I don't find a solution soon I don't know what will become of me.
This is happening to me I been tryng to treat SIBO and Candida. It seems to help a little, but it's not 100% gone. I also don't just smell I had other health problems like vertigo and constant UTIs/ cervicitus. Really bad stomach problems. I'm a biochemistry major at ASU. I'm going to find the cure for this thing. I'm a Born Again Believer in Christ and I'm not afraid of anything. No weapon formed against any of us is going to prosper because God's with us. And he's a thousand times more powerful than this condition. I go to university and deal with embarrasment and I'm like the rest of you know one understands, but they don't need to because God does. I'm going to really pray and seek him for a solution to this thing because I think I might have got this to help everyone else suffering with it. I was normal before and now this is happenging to me, but there's an answer and his name is JESUS!
Hello did you get any relief. I see people posting years ago but nothing recently. Just curious if you've made progress. I'm really frustrated
I'm confused how many of you think it's a medical problem. trust me, i never had any problem with bad breath, body odor etc.
Still i get coughed at, sniffed at and so on.
It's 100% psychological. In my early 20ies i got very afraid against the public in genereal - out of nowhere. i was afraid to go to concerts etc because of the people. at the same time people started that coughing thing around me. it still bothers me today but i can totally live with it. how did i mange that?

I realised that they mirror my low self esteem, they mirror my fears to be seen, to be judged and all other sorts of negative feelings  i have towards other people. through therapy i learned to accept, that that's sadly the way i look onto myself. i look at myself in a very negative judging way and the tension in me gets visible, if you want it's a stressful vibe that i have.

But i have started to directly talk to people, those who cough especially. i realised that no single one had anything against me. in contrary, they were somehow grateful, that i talk to them. i guess i can't help thinking about the possible reactions of strangers, so i look like i'm up to something when deep inside i wish i could just mind my own business. as soon as i speak some words to a person, i can relax a little bit, the coughing doesn't disappear but it get's less.
I repeat - it has nothing to do with smell in my case. I can make people cough that are across a big room in the distance, just with looking awkard.

I won't get rid of this but that is not important. The important thing is to become okay with it and live your life anyway. You have no choice. I don't think any diet can help you. Instead look for your mental cure.
You are spot on with your comment. I think it is something we are allergic to and our body can not digest it and it sometimes rot in our stomach and leaks to bloodstream and emitted through our lungs. I would like to add that it is not only the food but also the chemicals like msg and sulfites that is causing the smell that we sometimes are unaware of. Some people have sulfite allergies and don't know it. If you drink a glass of lemonade or any alcohol and get a strong reaction from folk, it could be the sulfites that is causing the weird release of some offensive smell. Sulfites are in just about everthing, even bottled water toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, hair dyes,( i became very offensive when i dyed my hair) chocolate etc.  When i tried going sulfite free as much as possible no one was coughing or clearing their throat or nose running as much, but as soon as i strayed, i was back to square one. Thanks for taking the time to help.
Hello everyone I am a new comer to the blog thing but I too suffer from PATM I won't get to much in detail of the symptoms I have because really they are out of this world and hard to believe , I would like to know if anyone has tried a fan fuser for any odors and to control the sneezing and coughing that others experience because of us ? Certain essential oils do work in combating odors that are emitted into the air as well as helping to bring the body chemistry back into perspective. I don't do the whole meditation or anything like that I am telling you all that oils can control some of the symptoms. On another post somewhere a lady mentioned thieves oil which is better known these days as immunity blend; I was rather leary at first so I did very extensive reading on said blend I went out and purchased it from a real herb shop none of that store junk that they have in health food stores I wanted to get to the true source of this oil I purchased the oil applied it to my skin and immediately applied PURE coconut oil on the skin right behind it one of the ingredients of thieves oil is clove so it can feel hot to the skin , at any rate after applying the coconut oil I allowed everything to absorb I did this at bedtime what I found is that now when I do sweat there isn't a very bad odor coming off of my body and I sweat hard I also noticed that people didn't seem to be as agitated in my presence this is nothing in ones mind , this is no OCD this is a true affliction of our bodies I have shut down from being around others but we must continue to fight and not give up on things we use to beat this...right now in my fan fuser i have pure essential orgeno oil, neem oil, immunity mixture, and spearmint and I have read some on here mention remaining calm to control the coughing and sneezing that others get from us I DO believe that remaining calm can also have a effect on how well whatever it is that you all are doing works. I urge everyone to at least look into purchasing the immunity mixture or "thieves oil" as they call it or google "homemade thieves essential oil blend". . For those who do think it is their breath please make note that a drop of thieves can be added to toothpaste for breath freshening, I am by no means certified in herbal medicine or aromatherapy but I really truly believe that when you use the main source of the plant it can cure or at least manage some things that even western medicine can not , now when it comes to homeopathic remedies I can't speak too much on how well they work because now you are talking about constant dilution of the plants root which I suppose I just have no understanding of how just the "energy" if you will of the plant can for example cure a fungal infection but live and let live I am not here to pass judgement on anyones beliefs I simply just want to really understand what this is . Oh one more thing when you apply the coconut oil mixed with the thieves essential oil it will smell really bad but please don't wipe it off that smell will go away once absorbed into your skin and you will wake up the next morning and understand what I meant. God bless
I believe it is a medical problem... I don't have it but I have someone really close to me that does I hardly react to it but I can see how other people cough and sneeze around him and the psychological impact and effect it has on him. I hope that one day someone will find out what the problem is and a cure to all this. I know for sure that you guys don't have odours... probably some kind of micro organism, gas or something that causes other people to react the way they do depending on their level of tolerance to that certain thing you guys have.... It is important to learn how to cope with people's reaction because I can see how much impact it does on my friend's social life. I know for certain that you guys don't have an odour... but it does affect you guys a lot psychologically. I wish everyone all the best!
this is the first post by someone being the observant in this whole P.A.T.M situation. Indeed right about the psychological effect it will have on a person, particular their social life. Right now i have zero social life. Its interesting to hear your side to this whole P.A.T.M. drama.
I know it's not psychological, the feeling of mucus collecting in the back of my throat is constant and I have to cough, clear my throat, or swallow every 10 seconds or so and as soon as I enter a room everyone will be doing the same.

It's really random but I'll smell like ****, it's fecal body odor since I take a shower everyday and have good hygiene overall. I will smell for about 1-2 weeks then it just goes back to only the coughing and such.

I met someone who has had the fecal body odor and it turns out we both eat really healthy and drink mostly only water (I consume a good bit of coffee) and we both run long distances. From what I've heard from others it probably isn't related to hard exercise but it's something we had in common.

My first thought was that coffee was my problem but to my surprise when I stopped drinking coffee I started smelling again and if anything it has gotten worse. It's really hard to tell what is going on with food as I eat a good diet of chicken, vegetables, fruits and a fair amount of wheat.

I'm currently 19 and the problem started right as I finished my 11th year in high school (Got held back a grade because I had to move). So right now I have been dealing with this for a year and a half, I hope we can find a cure or a remedy that works well for the ones suffering and especially the ones who have been dealing with this for such a long time. This problem really kills everything sociable about everyone it effects, I already had social anxiety before this happened and now I basically don't come out for months other than to run by myself. This problem has made me almost fail my senior year and it will affect my military career, I'm scared to go to boot camp because I will probably smell eventually.
I have been having this problem for nine years now. Im not delusional its not mental its real. People cough and sneeze around me. I make people sick. I have tested negative for so many diseases. I called nurse help line #s and they say it may be some perfume or fragrance im wearing...that us not the case because I don't wear any. I've had people look at me funny for it. Someone even said who did that to you? Someone even said tgey thought I had tb but I don't. I dont know what it is I have or should I say we have but I do know it is something that can effect other people and it majes our life a living hell and it caused me to have this deep depression and egen I talk to people about it they all think im crazy, I know im not. Im really relieved that its alot of people out here that's going through what im dealing with and I don't feel alone anymore!!! Sheesh!!! Im thankful. I think we should start a support group and all meet up. I think we should write a petition and see if we can make cdc and health departments start some kind of study on us to help us. We may can get money donated to our campaign. We just have to stick together and get things in order. Start leaving user names and email addresses and we can contact each other and start a revolution so our voices can be heard because our voices together will be loud. We just cant be afraid. I will start I need you all to follow if we will ever want to get through this! And tp the ones who think we are hallucinating just stay off the forum because you are discouraging others who are in the same boat as I and cant be beneficial to us all who are lost as to what this is that is affecting us and those around us. We don't want or need you hear. My user name is life89.
I have read all of the concerns of people listed above. Most of you bring out the same concern about making people cough or sneeze around you. Some of you suggest very logical dietary programs as well as relaxing and breathing techniques. It has not much to do with bad body odor per se, It is the negative thinking towards coughing people around you which stimulates olfactory neurons of others.(smell) Apply breathing techniques. I would like to ask all of you. Did you all smoke weed for a certain amount of time? if the answer is yes, it could be both physical and psychological factors. Besides if you often intercourse with different persons that may be another reason that triggers the problem.
Im going through the same problem also...help,,please
Try this. It's not expensive to do, very simple. It can lower it and make u live a normal life. Here it is: Mix lemon liquid with 100% pure honey. Drink couple times during the day. Avoid sex for a while. Stop it until you feel good. That's my friend does work. Good luck.
Green lemon liquid mixes with 100% pure honey bee. Do that 2 times every day until you feel good.
are you sure you are living by the rules? in my case its too late to do anything but i believe there is an age i wont say which but its rather generous if you ask me until which you are given a chance to live your life right, make ammends and not anger God or those you believe/his children or however you wish to call them (they will show dissaprovement by coughing etc
so yes the crisis theory works for me^^hope you get to read this before its all too late and you seal your fate
our pain comes when we do not give love

care to know less and know to care more

pure love is the answer
Hey don't think your alone.

I've been kicked out of university for the same reason, with over £20K debt, Shortly being kicked out of my home with nowhere to go.
Lost a job and business to this, so i'm currently living on loans.

I looked down to people all my life, and to have something knock me down destroys you. The little things in life such as spending time with family is difficult.

Hugs & Kisses to all suffering from this, it's excruciating. Growing up, I suffered a lot of physical injuries from sports as well as results of my mischievous shenanigans, some were really bad however I would wish PATM on my worst enemy.  
Seize every moment and live it as if you are not suffering. It's clearly not in our heads but until you can find a solution, don't let it make you crazy or destroy your life.
Same here. Im 16 and this problem started about 2 years ago. I did start smoking weed at a young age probably around 5th grade but just a few times but really started around 6th grade, I would smoke more but never constantly, I would stop smoking for long periods of time. Since I would hang out with my brother everywhere he would go, I would smoke along the way. Currently I have smoked a couple of times, just because I like when I'm high, I don't think negative just feel good but do get paranoid, and time goes by faster. I hate that all this has me thinking negative. It's very hard to control my face muscles and my body twitches quite a lot. Everytime I'm in a room and people cough or get near me, it distracts me, and I can't control people getting watery eyes or itching/running nose when I look at them. I know I'm the cause because it never used to be like this. I used to have a clear mind, I used to be happy. Everytime I'm in a room I feel like I get everybody depressed. I'm depressed, I try to just ignore it but it's destroying my joy and I'm 16, this shouldn't be the case. I have bad eye sight, I wear glasses now constantly but used to wear them off and on throughout my time. I used to have watery eyes at the end of middle school, I used to get watery eyes a lot. My face been through a lot, red rashes around face, bad skin on chin all hard and red skin being torn all slimey. I have little white dots around eyes. I'm not sure if it's because I smoked weed or started masturbating around high school or because I masturbate constantly for a certain amount of time (1 week) and stop for a month or two. Right now I'm trying to stop masturbating and leave it. Sometimes I think I look good or decent but people look at me amazed or like I'm weird. I just want to have a clear mind, think positive, and control my life by being "normal" I just want to be happy again. Please if anyone can help, I've considered suicide, please help me and other people like me.
very very same situation, but I am a Asian girl. I learned English try to find a way out from that disease. I have been suffered that for ten years, it's a long time for me. The only thing I can do is try to forget it, believe it will be cured itself someday. I think I could be a actor, because when I hear people who in the same situation I 'll cry. I'm crying right now. Nobody believe me when I told them. They thought I told lie for not go to school. That was a nightmare! If u're still there, we can share our experience。
Hello there I scrolled through the responses on here and I have a similar issue people tend to cough around me, some even cover their noses when I walk by them, and before anyone starts saying it's in my head, it's not. Some of my past experiences include that one time in high school a girl in my classroom approached me after class and hinted "Hey I think you got some sort of super power...that makes people cough...." as she kindly put it or my teacher who requested a drug test from me cause, he though I was a drug addict to the point, he brought up my body odor in a meeting between student and teachers literally he said "the way you smell" as his reasonable suspicion of why he though I was a druggie, or the girl who refused to sit next to me when the new seating order was made and when asked why? she said "he smells bad" . I went to my local doctor I told him my stories and experiences and requested a TMAU test he never heard of this test but suggested I may have H pylori so I got tested and turns out he was right I did have it and SIBO as he told me(small intestinal bacteria overgrowth). He explained to me that the h pylori was giving off large amounts of ammonia in my breath and odor which could irritate the throat and noses of those around me, that made more sense then 'your crazy or, it's in your head" so I got some antibiotics and they did help but I feel the infection has returned and plan to go get tested again within the next month if possible. So if anyone here suffers from similar symptoms I recommend you go get a h pylori test done, if possible do what I did and discuss it over a routine physical exam.
interesting
I have been plagued by this for 15 years it has consumed my life I have been told everything from IM on drugs IM mentally ill I live and smell clean MY breath is fine I challenge anyone to sit next to me in a closed room for less than a minute and I Will bet my life my bank account that they will either cough ,sneeze or rub their eyes from irritation im in my 40's and just avoid people as much as i can ive had every blood,urine and medical test I was convinced i might of cursed myself through involvement in black magic as a young person but that just puts me in the CRAZY bucket, so it might one day become to much and end my life prematurely but i will mask it in medication until then im educated but can not hold a job because of this fkn SAD,Lm.
You maybe exposed to low level Hydrogen Sulfide. Which maybe stuck in your clothes.

below are some symptoms upon being exposed to Hydrogen Sulfide.

Concentration Symptoms
0-10 ppm Irritation of eyes, nose, and throat.

2 ppm Bronchial constriction in asthmatic individuals, spontaneous abortion

5-9.3 ppm Increased blood lactate concentration, decreased skeletal muscle citrate synthase activity

10-50 ppm Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, coughing, difficulty breathing.

150-250 ppm Olfactory paralysis

50-200 ppm Severe respiratory tract irritation, eye irritation/acute conjunctivitis, shock, convulsions, coma and death in severe

Health effects Edit

In most homes, sewer gas may have a slightly unpleasant odor, but does not often pose a significant health hazard.[6] Residential sewer pipes primarily contain the gases found in air (nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, etc.).[7] Often, methane is the gas of next highest concentration, but typically remains at nontoxic levels, especially in properly vented systems. However, if sewer gas has a distinct “rotten egg” smell, especially in sewage mains, septic tanks, or other sewage treatment facilities, it may be due to hydrogen sulfide content, which can be detected by human olfactory senses in concentrations as low as parts per billion. Exposure to low levels of this chemical can irritate the eyes, cause a cough or sore throat, shortness of breath, and fluid accumulation in the lungs. Prolonged low-level exposure may cause fatigue, pneumonia, loss of appetite, headaches, irritability, poor memory, and dizziness. High concentrations of hydrogen sulfide (>150 ppm) can produce olfactory fatigue, whereby the scent becomes undetectable. At higher concentrations (>300 ppm), hydrogen sulfide can cause loss of consciousness and death. Very high concentrations (>1000 ppm) can result in immediate collapse, occurring after a single breath.

please read the link and I hope this will help you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewer_gas
please talk to me im at my wits end and you sound like someone who has walked in my footsteps not insane not onndrugs would be happy to share your experiences with this cursed disease, misunderstood5
I have the same problem... I can't hold a job because of it. So I can't see a doctor because I have no money. But from reading you guys experience I don't think seeing a doctor will help much. Its horrible. I'm a prisoner in my own body. I barely ever leave my house. And I'm plague with thoughts of suicide every day of my life and I dont know what to do anymore. This isn't living.
Possibly human dander? Just like pets we shed skin cells. In the hair it is dandruff. I noticed the same reaction sometimes. Made the connection to possible human dander (deadskin cells) when in the hospital after major surgery lacking a regular shower, my legs were itchy and I used a hair brush to scratch my leg like crazy! It looked like I had almost 1/2 inch of foamy loose skin on my leg with some looking like dust in the air. Now I am back to taking a shower 2 or 3 times a day and use lotion. This seems to be working for me. Hoe this helps.
im suffering to the same problem. how did you overcome it. please help, im nearly about to commit suicide coz of this.
Have u ever seen small wiggly fibers?
I too have PATM and have been living with it for years. No one really coughs but most people sneeze, get itchy eyes, nose and blow their noses. When I have been on a plane for hours people have violent sneezing attacks throughout the whole flight.I think stress adds to it as I drink a lot in social situations and then I either don't care as much or I get relaxed enough that it does not happen but it sounds as if Sugar adds to this and alcohol has a lot of sugar in it. I am going to try avoiding all sugar and taking 2000 IU of Vitamin D3 a day.
I too have had thoughts of ending it all from PATM,drinking every day and living such an isolated life as I cannot even have a relationship.
wow, same story here
wow, same story here
so im not alone just started search google today smh.. ive been suffering this  4 years now its started when i reach 18 years old now im  22 and no life becaue of this ********
In Russia, too, there are people around which the surrounding people cough, sneeze, itch, sick. Doctors dismiss such "sick" and referred to a psychiatrist. In the Ukraine even made a TV show about one such woman. Then the show was organized medical check-up for her. A medical examination revealed nothing, she was sent to a psychiatrist, but she refused. I have a similar problem for 6 years. At first I didn't even notice, but then it went rampant around challenge, sneezing and scratching. I was in shock and didn't know what to do. Didn't even know how to explain to the doctors. And they laughed and were sent to a psychiatrist. Then I found in the Internet on Russian forums a lot of people with the same problems. A couple of people seem to have recovered, starting to live a healthy lifestyle. Me yet nothing helped, but I know about how bare to reduce the symptoms. The less I sweat, the better ventilated the room, the others easier. Sorry for my English, my native Russian translated Yandex.ru.
The most interesting thing is that people can cough when you talk to them on the phone. And even those who are close to the person on the other side of the connection.
I think I was crazy when I start noticing it affecting people via the phone. It is as if it search out its victims as it use your body as the host.

I am 28 and having this problem for about 8 years now. I notice a few other symtoms,  it drain the energy of people around you make them sleepy.

It also gets more intence a day or so after ejaculation. It seem to operate as a two part entity as its attacking others as I know when its attacking others even before they start showing symtoms as it itch me a bit.

I think its ether a paracite or a demon or both. I notice as well it affect different people in different ways. My nephew will have pain in knees at nights but it seems to stop or reduce when I apply warm water from boiled garlic.

I would advise you guys to attamp some paracitic detox as I feel like a worm come up from my stomach at times to feed.

Please give your views and Ill give links to colon and paracitic detox websites.
ifeeldoomed correctly noticed that people yawn.
Saw that to
Nobody is mentioning the ejecting wiggly Fibers..glitter? People actually getn symptoms over the phone..you video call a friend and everyone around them is itching coughing and they could be 800 miles away **** sounds demonic we gotta have faith
?cure
I experienced the same thing. I'm scared that this will be the fate of me. I have so many goals and dreams and I feel depression from this creeping up on me. I wish there was help
Hello guys,

I am also having a similar symptom where my colleagues will cough at least once in two minutes when I entered the office. Some will not cough at first and takes some time before they do. This also happens anywhere the room is enclosed such as a seminar room or halls. Some people might suggest that may have been a prank, but who plays prank for 2 years plus. Anyway, when I silently holds my breath, it seems the coughing stops for while, as if I am breathing out irritants into the air.

It all started with a simple normal cough around January 2014 and as usual I just went to the clinic and receive the normal medication such as antibiotics and expectorant. However the cough continued, I kept going to the clinics until they provided higher and higher doses of antibiotics (such as Curam625 mg and once, 1 gram antibiotic). After 4 months taking the medications, it seems the cough wears off, but I notice that anyone talking with me will cough. I did an X ray and there were white spots detected. Its probably due to my smoking habits, the doctor said. About three months later, I stopped smoking at all and hoped that it will remove any kind of infection. Somehow the "other people coughing" continues.

In the morning I also will need to spit out thick phlegms which is yellowish or brownish at times. Occasionally I can see blood in the phlegm. The longer I waited and holding the sputum inside, the thicker and darker the colour it wiil be. At times, it was so thick I had to use a nebulizer with salt water to push them out. Even saline solution has no effect cause its so thick.

I pity my officemates who,out of 20;
2-4 will cough badly, I mean really bad like they are trying vomit out their internal organs or something

3-5 will cough like a normal cough

3-4 will seem to try clear their throat every minute and then

I have met with a number of respiratory expert who dismiss my case such as allergic rhinitis, asthma, acid reflux, post-nasal drip, and one even referred me to a psychiatrist listening to my story. I have been given/taken:

1)budenide
2)symbicort
3)avamyst
4)relvar
5)cetirizine
6)ranitidine
7)pantoprazole
8)berodual
All with no affects.

I have done some procedures such as Bronchoscopy,ENT scope, Gastrosopy, spirometry and further tests such as Tuberculosis, H pylori, NTM, Fungal, hepatitis, HIV, all turned out negative. Doctors say I looked too healthy to be infected and shows no common symptoms of being affected by viral, bacterial or fungal infection. If I am having any kind of infection, I should be having loss of appetite, lots of fever, and most probably be dead by now since its almost three years since first detected. My x ray and ct scan also shows nothing significant except for a really small granular in the chest, and gastroscopy shows that I am having a minor hernia which is probably the cause of the sputum build up. Finally an expert gives me a clean bill of health stating I am as healthy as an ox. Its hard to prove to the experts that I am causing other people to cough since the experts are not affected or coughing during the appointment.

The sad thing is that, although my family, my friends, my coworkers are coughing badly, somehow I am not coughing or rarely does so. Except for the continuous build up of phlegm and sputum in the throat, I rarely cough as badly as others nearby myself.

I am starting to doubt my own insanity, and its really hard especially when seeing your colleagues and family members coughing when I am nearby them. I too have been distancing myself from social life and sleeps in different room from the wife and kids.

I am hoping that someone can tell me why this happened and how to cure it. If this happens for a another couple of years, I am starting to consider suicide as the last option.Hopefully this long note will serve as a guidance for anyone else encountering the same symptoms.