People are allergic to me too
I had read that someone had a similar problem to mine. Within a few minutes of entering a room, people begin coughing and/or sneezing.(By the way, it's always 2 coughs in a row.) I am not sick at all but everyone around me becomes sick upon meeting me. Doctors have told me that it's just allergy season, but this has been going on for a couple years! Besides the endless coughing and sneezing, other symptoms that people develop include: itching around the eyes and nose, acne (on face and neck), sores on the outer lips, and fatigue. I feel alone and am making myself an outcast from society.  This feels like an airborn virus but besides the dermatological aspect, I do not feel sick at all. I wish someone could help me. Any suggestions would help.
People are not allergic to you.  They are not touching you or reacting in an "allergic" way. It sounds like they are reacting to an odor. They may be reacting to something on you.  They may not like your cologne, after shave, perfume, whatever. I have seen rooms full of people react to strong scents. They may not like something on your clothes.  Do you have dogs or cats or other pets that may have left hair on your clothes?  There is an odor that some people have that they can't smell, but others can. It is the pungent odor of old sweat. This odor comes from sleeping or laying down on bedding that hasn't been washed for a while, especially blankets. People wash the sheets often, but forget about the blankets and top covers.  The odor will transfer from the bedding to you and your clothes when you lay down or lay your clean clothes on them.  Blankets will collect dead tissue and sweat as you sleep and bacteria builds up in them. If you are used to the odor you will no longer smell it, but alot of people react to the odor in the manner that you describe.  The best thing to do is go to someone you know and trust to tell you the truth and ask them about smells.  Wash your blankets at least once each month, or more often in the Summer if you sweat alot.  Hope this helps
Hmm. Well, although it's possible that I smell bad, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I bathe every morning and wear clean clothes everyday. However, I still decided to test the "old sweat" theory. I washed my sheets/blankets thoroughly with no luck. If I felt sick all the time then it wouldn't be so weird- but I'm not. Everyone else is! I'm sure I'm not crazy although recently I've started to question even that. Someone help me please.
ifeeldoomed,
I have the exact same problem, and I have no idea what causes it.
finally, I'm not crazy.

I too find that people react strangely when I'm present. It been almost 3 year since i made this connection. People would start complaining of feeling light headed, eye & nose would start itching and running, some would start acting like something is biting their skin, some people would become irritable and down right nasty within minutes and some would would become down right sleep and drained. (some of you might not even make it thought reading this post.) I can't figure it out, sometimes i think it allergies but sometime (very seldom) even long distance interaction causes people to sneeze. I started to think it was my energy or something.

My life was almost completely ruin due to this, whatever it is. I saw many doctors, became very depressed, i was in physo therapy and on physo meds for a number of years, I became hyper sensitive to every uncomfortable reaction or complaint.

I don't mean to remove any hope from anyone with this condition but I had it real bad. I said had because my reaction to other reaction was extremely severe. I still suffer from anxiety attacks of thought of having to meet new people and i have reconfirmed and have to go through the motions but how i deal with this now is, I know what to expect and i've come to point in my life where i can't let this stop my living. I've also noticed the some people will get over those ill feeling and get acclimate to my presence.

As you can see, i much to say on this subject because it has haunted me for years, i lost friends, dating has been hard, I've ended really great relationships because i couldn't stand to see someone i care for suffer and knowing I was the cause, and work was extremely hard. Many people might have noticed this connection and just said whatever, but not me, i took it personal and it made me physically ill, mentally unstable and emotionally drained.

I've been dealing with it much better, through self help tapes and such to help built my confidence cause in the end that is the only thing that can take you the next day.

Today, The one "benefit" is that it has made me stronger because just knowing your mere presence can make someone take a complete 180 degrees for the worst is completely draining.

I've just complete 1 week in new position at my job, and the very first day the complaints started but I just have to take this on one day at a time cause i not ready to remove my self from society and move to the mountains. i actually considered that. I'm at the point where it this is actually comical, cause the people I've told this took thinks I'm crazy, including family. it got to a point where i could take it no more and keeping to myself, so I had to check with someone, and family and doctors confirmed to me that i was nuts. well, now I know I'm not nuts and i have to laugh cause it sounds crazy but its real.

How I found this site. i was watching a ABC News story ( http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2287206&page=1
&
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2298473 ) about a woman who smell like dead fish all her life and lead me thinking about my situation, we are about the same age, in our 30s and I'm male. The article mentioned Philadelphia's Monell Chemical Senses Institute where the woman got treatment (plan on giving them a call to check this out) what if i emitted a similar but odorless chemical.  anywho… i did a search and here i am.

Have you asked people around you that react by coughing or sneezing why they are doing that? Has anyone ever told you that its when you are around them you cause these problems? I am just interested as it seems so unusual that you could cause lip sores sneezing coughing & irritability by just entering a room. I too thought it may have been an odour thing but will look forward to hearing what the doctor says. It sounds like a difficult thing to have to live with. Good luck
i would like to know if any of you are itchy i have read some other forums of this unknown parisite bug that is invisible to the naked eye i am a suffer of this and when i walk in a room people will start itching or swyping at there face eye brows ect i too get people sneezing around me and the cough you say not all the time the itch is 100% if i came up to you and was talking or just sat beside you youll start feeling like something crawling on you to i just wonder if this is the same ? sounds like it to me
hi, i actually have the same problem. im not 17 i noticed it around a year ago. people would start sniffiling and sneezing around me. i used to think it wus because i had a foul body odor. iv tried everything. wearing clean clothes everyday. bathin with baking soda. i even think its effecting my family. it doesnt effect every person around me but the majority. its really hard for me to sit in class. now im startin to avoid my friends in school. i feel so bad when i see them sniffiling and sneezing. i cant handle this. if any 1 has found a solution or tha cause of this problem plz get bak to me.
Yeah, that happens to mee too. Its so annoying! I find it gets worse the higher my body temperature is (e.g. after cycling) but it almost goes away if you completely relax (not easy when everyone starts reacting to you, I know).
yes i have the same problem to.and its been going on for the last 4 years now and every one around me start sneezing coughing i know its me .ive been to many doctors now and they cant seem to help me. its now affecting my family. please if somone can help me i need answers.
How many of you work with chemicals? I know I got a cleaning job right around the time this started happening! Some chemicals can be expelled through your skin as your body tries to get rid of them. If your body temperature was higher then more chemicals could be released as you perspire more. Check out this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2-Butoxyethanol). This stuff is in all sorts of stuff including household cleaning products.
I want to say that you guys are not alone.  Iv noticed the same thing for about 2 months now... Have no idea why it is happening and have tried everything, the clothes, different wash lotions blah blah blah..  Iv come to realise that is has to be somthing that has changed internally that is doing this.  It does get worse if im in  headted environment as well!  Almost let it stop me from getting on with my life but you know what, i'v accepted that it's happening and it has made it much easier for me to do what i need to do!  Now all i think we need is for a doctor or somone to tell us what it is and how we stop or get rid of it because it is very annoying when it comes down to it!  I'm lucky because it dosnt affect the people that are around me all the time as much as the general public and thats the main thing for me!

Somone has to know what this is and how the hell its hapening!?
do u think its a smell on u jus wondering..does n e 1 ever had any suspision that u smellt...i kno i did for a while and i thoguht that is tha reason for the strange reactions from people.
has n e 1 found a solution..who feels that they get sweaty palms and get hot easially
The same thing happens to me. I used to think I was alone. I think I am emitting some chemical that is acting as allergen. I do not know what it is or where it is coming from? my breathe or skin? I showered twice a day so I do not think I am unclean. I wear clean clothes. Whenever I am in a room, not everyone but someone would start sniffing and or coughing.  This can happen outdoor too! So I do not think it has an odor. When I am relaxed, it does not happen as much, only when I am nervous, which is alot, and usually everytime after I eat. This has happened to me about 10 years ago. Before this, i used to have serious episodes of intense sneezing, coughing and watery eyes, so there seems to be a connection. I do not have these episodes anymore tho. I cannot use cologne because it seems to be more serious when I use something with fragrant like cologne or lipstick. I used unscented deodorant. This has ruined my life. Work is hard because I always have anxiety. I try to isolate myself from everyone. I really hope someone can find out something about this. I can never be happy while i am suffering from this condition.
Sincerely,
Sad and lonely
I had been experiencing the same precarious problem for the past 4 years with no effective diagonsis.

The thing that drives me crazy is according to Doctors (visited scores) that I am quite alright. On top it, I have no allergies at all.

So far, I have diagonised with GERD & Sinus only. Doctors say that GERD is no where connected with this problem.

Have you guys have the Sinus related problems? Please feel free to forward your experiences.

I have undergone enough stress due to this and I remember the days I walked kilometers just hesistate to take a bus just bcos others suffer.

-Holy
The thing you have to realize is, others do not think it is as bad as we think. I used to think that everyone hates me because I am causing them to feel irritable, til I relaxed and talked to people,I found that alot liked me because of my personalities. Just like every social encounters, if you are relaxed and are comfortable with yourself, others will like you no matter what. For me, if i am relaxed, it does not seem to be as bad. Sorry to get sidetracked but I just want people to know that there is hope for us to be a little bit happy despite suffering from this. When I have a chance, I will still go see a doctor, maybe they don't know how to treat this, but i want to maybe see about getting something to help me deal with anxieties. I will also continue to search online about this. If anyone finds anything, please share with the rest of us here. Thanks

How did they say they felt around you. im jus curious becuase i never asked n e one. but i kno sumtimes ppl ccant breathe or have difficulties breathing around mee and hav stuffed noses. i know this for sure because they hav sed so but not dirrectly to me. Where is every1 from and there age just cursious. Im from Toronto Ontario cannada and im 17. may be we all hav sumthing in common.
Maybey its a fungal infection or something. Maybey its a dietary thing?
i used to smoke weed. but then i thought mayb weed is causing this. so i quit. since i quit i notice the symptoms hav gone down somewhat.
What's up guys. I'm not thrilled to say this but I too am plagued with this curse. I have done hours upon hours of countless research, testing and hypothesizing. My findings, though incomplete, is nonetheless heart-breaking. I don't know where to start exactly. This has already begun ruining my life, did I mention I am a 20 year old 'freshman' in college, just guess what prevented me from going any sooner. It's pure torture I tell ya; whenever I enter a room with people or even pass by someone I cringe wondering if they'll flare up by sneezing or coughing multiple times, watery eyes, hiccupping, and scratching their nose. I have no other choice but to live with it and try to experiment on myself at the same time.   I've learned a lot. I have become a very intelligent guy because of this. I've read probably hundreds of pages of myths, folklore, folktales, religious texts, medical journals from all over the world. You will go through some **** guaranteed; people will think you