Peppermint Allergy?
I have noticed that every time i suck on a peppermint candy, my throat starts to get really itchy. It gets pretty bad, it seems to get a little better when i drink water. Am i allergic to it?
Comes from a plant so it's reasonable that you could be. I found this info regarding peppermint:

Symptoms of contact sensitivity and ulceration from oral menthol/peppermint-containing products improved with discontinuation and avoidance of these products. 61

Following ingestion of 40 drops of peppermint oil, a patient with no known allergies reported mucosal burns and edema of the tongue and oral cavity. 52 Excessive consumption of mint-flavored sweets caused stomatitis with oral papillary hypertrophy.

Avoiding it might be wise.
Be well, Sandi
Thank you for the info. It happens all the time and i still pop them in my mouth. I am officially not ever going to have them again. By the way your name the way you spell it is mine!!!! Thank you for sharing your info.

Sandra aka Sandi
Spearmint and Cinnaminty things are tasty too! Nice to have another Sandi on the board :- ) Friends call me Sands