Allergy Community
Pins and needle feeling in different areas of body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

For the past couple of months, I have been experiencing feeling of pins and needles on different areas of body.  It does not feel like when your hand or leg falls asleep, but instead like someone taking a needle and just pinching you with it.  It can be in my arms, legs, stomach, hands, anywhere.  When it happens I feel like I need to scratch it or rub it.  I'm very concerned because I don't know if it is pinched nerves, allergy or something else.  It does not happen everyday but happening more and more.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?
This sensation can be caused by nerve damage, diabetes, problems with circulation, and hypothyroidism among others.  Check with the doctor and get some blood work done to check these things out.  good luck
I have the same thing.  Doctors tell me it's from anxiety and not having enough oxygen cirtculationg in our body
I have the same thing also, it goes in my stomach, lower back, and switches arms. Recently it has traveling into my upper legs. It's very annoying. I have had several blood workups, several docs and two neurologists..they've found Nothing! FRUSTRATING
i have had the same feeling but all over my body not just in one spot but sometimes in only one area. i seem to get it when i am working out side and my body starts to heat up then go into cooler climate like inside
I'm 30ish and I just started to feel the sharp needle like pokes mostly in my arms and during realy cold weather or after a run at the park. I can't nerrow it down to lack of oxygen or maybe diabeties because I've had high sugar levels in the past. However, its mostly during a change in the temperature cold/hot and mostly in my arms and shoulders and only if I move my arms or shoulders or if I stretch after a run or in the early morning cold weather.

This feeling of needle ***** or pins and pricks sensations that you are having are called Paresthesia. Chronic paresthesia indicates a problem with the functioning of neurons.

Are you a diabetic or do you take alcohol?Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder. Common disorders causing paraesthesias are rheumatoid arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome transient ischemic attack, motor neurone disease, or autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosis or lupus erythematosus. A diagnostic evaluation by a doctor is necessary to rule these out.

Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.
In case you need more information then pls post us.
i have been feeling the same sensation all around my body too,and also a antlike movement around my face ,pls can anyone tell me the cause of this sensation?please i need help
                                                                        lambert
I've been having the same thing all over my body for almost a year. But I've also have muscle twitches and spasms and feeling of heat coming out of my skin. I do have a positive RA Factor. One rheumatologist said he doesn't know what I have and sent me on my way. The second rheumy said I have RA (rheumatoid arthritis). Went for another opinion and the third rhuemy said I don't have RA and I have a false positive RA Factor. My blood tests are now very recently coming out weird and the docs still can't figure it out.

I also have spinal problems which can cause pins and needles. Went to a neurologist and am going for an EMG and SSEP tests.

My B-12, Folic Acid is fine. My Vit.D is VERY VERY low at 8.5 but now taking huge suppliments. Don't have diabetes. Was told my circulation is okay but yet, even when it's very warm, my hands or arms and legs or feet are freezing. So is my nose and ears.

I was having this, too, and discovered that it was something called neuopathy.  I don't have diabetes or pre-diabetes and my thyroid has been checked recently.  I was having it really badly for a while and it was really debilitating and would have me doubling over and wincing in pain.  I also felt the need to either scratch or rub or even just hold whichever area was in pain.  It got to the point where this neuopathy was moving from place to place faster than a freight train.

Then, I discovered what the problem was.  I was having a serious reaction to something I was very allergic to and didn't even know I was ingesting.  After I discovered what the problem was and removed the source, 99% of the neuropathy disappeared almost right away.

I still get some of this neuropathy a little bit from time to time.  Nothing like when it was so debilitating and nearly killed me.  I have so many food sensitivities and allergies that I'm still discovering and the list of allergies is growing so long and longer than ever.  I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, so I'm allergic to everything under the sun.  

I never did find out what it was that used to cause the tingling and burning on the fronts of my thighs from time to time.  They would be hot to the touch even.  I haven't noticed this sensation for a very long time.  I nearly forgot about it.  When I saw my doctor for it, by the time I had my appointment, the symptoms were gone.  She didn't know what it could be and said she couldn't order any tests for something without any definite symptoms.

Since I've made so many dramatic changes for the better in my diet and discovered so many food allergies and lost a lot of weight, I haven't had the strange burning sensation on my thighs, and I don't get nearly the dramatic neuropathy that I used to get.

I never knew about the B vitamins or folic acid connection, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still deficient, since I was found to be severely vitamin D deficient.  I'm still working on getting the right nutritional supplements with the naturopath.  I am taking a lot of vitamin D supplementations now.  It was so low that mine was lower than what Lori707 reported hers being.  I'll be rechecking it soon.  

Like her, I also have spinal problems.  I see a chiropractor regularly, and that does make a difference with the neuropathy, too.  Besides the pain I get, I notice the neuropathy when I'm overdue for an adjustment.

Can you please tell me how rheumatoid arthritis can cause pins & needles? I have them ALL over my body including my head and also heat radiating out of my skin but I have no fever. Can RA do this? If so, please explain. I'm trying to figure myself out. I posted here and since then, my ferritin went down to 11, RBC,HCT and a couple others went Low. Also my liver enzymes went up and my ALT is High. My bun and bun/creatine is creeping up. That's new. I'm falling apart here and TRYING to get some questions answered by the docs to no avail.

Thanks!
Yikes!  You're kidneys are starting to have low function, too?  My nephrologist never did figure out what caused my kidneys to do the same thing to me.  It's puzzling to me, too, why they did this to me suddenly, causing me to need to be hospitalized for a few days, because they had gotten bad enough to actually cause me to be sick enough to go to the e.r. with what I thought were my IBS symptoms acting up again.  Just as puzzling as to why my kidneys did this to in the first place is why they started to recover on their own.  As of the last set of blood tests, they were only slightly better than the previous time.

My iron and vitamin D levels have been extremely low, too.  My vitamin D levels started out lower than what you reported.  It was bad enough to scare my family practitioner, who I've seen for years.  She said that means that it barely registered at all.  It may be why I had a terrible virus syndrome that lasted an entire month about a year and a half ago, both she and the naturopath agree on this.

I still get the occasional neuropathy, like Lori707 described, but it has decreased significantly since figuring out my food sensitivities and allergies.  Like her, I was getting in any and every location, and it was traveling from place to place very fast.  I barely even had time to catch my breath before the next sensation would start.  It was downright painful.

Both my naturopath AND my nephrologist, who is a conventional doctor,  told me to take 100 mg of chelated iron, since my ferritin was much lower than what Lori707 was talking about here.

I've never seen a rheumatologist, but I have enough symptoms to suggest I'm dealing with Fibromyalgia myself.  As I'm writing this, I've been having some mild neuropathy, which never did go away completely.  It just isn't as debilitating, since discovering my food allergies.

I haven't been told that my liver enzymes have gone up, but I'm not sure if the liver enzymes were tested.  My cholesterol was tested and the total numbers went down.  The triglycerides are fine now.  The total number is in the normal range now.  I am definitely on a much healthier diet, which shows with these numbers.  But, the HDL and the LDL numbers still need to be reversed.  So, I'm taking fish oil and red yeast rice.  The bottle of red yeast rice says to use one of these 600 mg capsules twice a day, but my naturopath only told me to take a total of 600 mg a day, so I've been only taking one.  I've always been wary of taking most supplements without proper guidance, so I'm taking the more conservative amount of red yeast rice that the naturopath said to use.

I thought that other than that it seems like our symptoms have been very similar, so I would like some answers, too.
i've been suffering from this pin like symptoms for almost 2-3years now and is very painful and fustrating it hurts alot all over my entire body even in my head sometimes it make me want to commit sueiside i've visited almost 3 doctors and they can't seem to help me i feel like im dying slowly. i have 2 kids and cant seem to do anything for them when the pain is on me. im even considering resigning from my job cause i don't think i can do a fair day work any more so i need to stay home.
sometimes i feel something relasing some gas under my skin and the pain in my head hurts so bad it makes me understand what Jesus went through on the cross with those nails being pierce through his body. im goin to try the vitimin b12
Me too.

Had an allergy to computer systems removed by body talk therapy in June 2010. Had the prickly feelings for a number of years.

As soon as the cold weather came (Canada 0 to 25 below) the symptoms returned, with a vengeance. Allergy to cold. Not sure

Lots of static over the body; headaches, loss of energy, and loss of sleep because it's impossible to fall asleep without 600 mg of Ibuprofen.

Getting close to Jesus, for sure.

I'm looking at Neuropathy, vit B12 and vit D.

Please, please notify me if anyone makes a connection with allergy, cold weather and deficiencies.

Stay tuned.
I think the sensation of pins and needles could be due to lack of circulation and lack of oxygen.  If we sit a lot during the day, or living a sedentary life, or being a couch potato, then we need to be more active.  Please check the blood pressure.  Anxiety , stress could cause hives, allergy, so try deep breathing a few times a day to bring more oxygen to the system.  Also, please drink plenty of water per day to cool down the body and to cleanse the toxin in the system.  Eating dark green vegetables at least three or four times a week, such as, broccoli, the stems are full of vitamin C, kale, Chinese broccoli, mustard green, bok choy, etc...  The green lettuce in hamburger, or in salad is not enough, we need to eat more varieties of dark green vegetables to have good bowel movement to cleanse the toxin in the body.  We seem to be low in Vit D since we stay indoor often and we don't eat or drink enough Calcium plus D or D3 food.  On top of that, some of us consume caffeinated drinks, soda drinks so we lose lots of minerals daily.  As we get older. we need to exercise each muscle just to feel fine and to defy gravity that causes sagging, muscular atrophy if not being active, wrinkling of the skin, etc....  Do yoga or go swimming to feel refresh, and whatever we do, try to breathe deeply and longer to condition our lungs to be flexible, and to get a lot more oxygen in each breath.  Pay attention to our weigh because the extra weigh would put more stress on our joints, knees, hips, and causing blockage, hence more pain for us to suffer.  Massage and reflexology help to undo blockage in our bodies, but we still need to exercise to condition, to tone up our bodies, to eat healthy and get the right nutrients and minerals for our system..
2 days ago I started having pin & needle sensations all over my body. They are present all the time, they do not go away. I am kind of desperate. I do not know what to do or which kind of doctor to go to.
I am having the same problem.  Have you had any luck with diagnosis or relief?

I can be reached at:  ***@****

Please let me know I am going crazy.

the beaker
York, PA
Did u have your THYROID levels checked??? I have this kind of problem n my Endocrinologist says Its the sudden change in my thyroid supplement. I am a Hypothyroid patient. If u haven't done already please see an Endocrinologist n have ur thyroid checks done! Get well soon. I know how bad the condition is. :(
Why don't u have your THYROID levels checked? It may help. Take care!

I know your post was a long time ago, but did you figure out what that ant-like sensation was?  I have the same thing.
The smart meter has this effect on many folks if you have a smart meter in your house now that may be the reason ..do some research regarding it .
Could be something similar to lyme.  You do not have to be bitten by a tick to contract it anymore.  I had this.  It progressed to skin lesions.  No help from doctors.  Finally treated myself with Carnivora.  It is an antimicrobial immune system modulator that is a miracle cure for many ailments.  I noticed relief immediately.  I am getting better each day.  It will take a few years as this disease is at the cellular level.  It is close to epidemic but is being swept under the carpet...

Hope this helps.  Other symptoms I had:  Fatigue, brain fog, vision loss, skin lesions, crawling feeling, itchy and runny nose, peripheral numbness, fluctuating insomnia and then sleep for days, mood swings, anxiety, overly stressed, heart flutter, shortness of breath, inability to exercise, heat intolerance, feeling hot all the time but temperature consistently 97.5 range, headaches, increased eye floaters, oily feel to skin, excess froth when brushing teeth (brush 2x and listerene 2x at least twice a day), and more...

I had this issue for various timeframes in my life. At first it only happened in my knees and legs and the doctor believed it was because of the use of bicyles when I was little. In time, it spread to my body and it was diagnosed as psychological until a laparoscopy showed tissue adherence in my intestines and uterus. After two births it returned, and it is now blamed to an allergic reaction to Gluten. I ended up in the hospital with the allergic reaction on my face and throat, the muscular pain all over the body specially on the legs after eating pizza.

No one else was sick but me. I was dehydrated after drinking more than 2 liters of water a day, my body wasn't retaining nutrients but I was gainning weight. Although it appeared to be hypothyroid, the greater issue was at the intestines. I had pain in my kidneys and bladder eventhough Im vegetarian and dont drink alcohol. I had logged every food item during weeks to make sure I was getting enough nutrients but yet my body still had the tingling, the needles, the heat, the pain in the body, the nauseas, the constant light dizziness, the chest pains.

So, the medications were of no good since they caused liver problems. I relied on natural medications with the regular medicine. Started enemas of parsley and 1/2 lemmon in 1 1/2 quart of water to clean the intestines for two weeks, combined with 2 liters of water with a few drops of lemmon or the home made UV to hydrate and lots of nutritional foods. I added super foods to my diet, and vitamins when it didnt seem enough. Added the vegetable juice and the soymilk with Omega. And counted every single item I was eating in a Calorie Counter just to track the nutritional values and make sure I was getting more than enough. The days I stopped the therapies with enema I would get the tingling sensation. After a few weeks they were completely gone. Once I ate gluten again, they came back and it would normally take two days to clean out. There was a dehydration of the brain and a lack of nutrient absorbancy (intestines) which causes neurological problems but are highly related to gland disordes such as thyroid.

I needed to clean out the intestines in order for them to absorb the nutrients I was consuming. Its really important to see a nutritionist, to keep track of what you eat, to combine the natural and standard medicine to bring your body back to normal. When the intestines are clogged with layers of old putrified stuff, they dont absorb, that affects the kidneys which in time affects the liver or viceversa and then everything else is affected. Find the remedy from the root, then work your way out!
i think ur right ive been having a lot of alcohol intake for about 2weeks now and i feel irritable with the pin pricks,and spasm's, its so difficult to stop drinlking all together but its something im going to have to do thanks.
Oh man...its terrible...very hard to resist...think if you are in a meeting and it starts bothering you ?? happened to me :(
Hi folks,
I fully understand the symptoms you're having. I had it more than 20 years ago. At that time, the allergist did a skin prick test and realized it was due to dust and mites. I took five shots in a week and I never felt anything again. Until now... 20 years later and I am having this intense pins and needles feeling all over my body again. I usually feel it at very specific times of the day:
1. as soon as I wake up in the morning
2. when I walk for 5 minutes going to work
3. when I walk for 5 minutes going back home
4. after running for 5 minutes at the gym, but then it goes away when I intensify the exercise. It seems that the body adjust to it but I strugle to tolerate the pain.

I visited an allergist two weeks ago and he prescribed cetirizine. He said it's dermographism and the skin prick test didn't identify anything this time. Not even mold and dust, as it was the case 20 years ago. Although scenarios 1 and 2 above are no longer happening, I am experiencing the symptoms other times during the day. Very minor, though. I am going to wait a few more weeks on cetirizine and then ask for the shots that cured me 20 years ago.  Has anyone got any help?

I have the exact same condition in exact same case. When my body become suddenly hot or just at the onset of sweat. e.g. when I bathe with hot water, having sex etc.
I dont have diabities (my grandma had) but I was diagnosed with anxiety once (off meds now)
Ive had this most of my life.. for me anyway it has been a cold allergy that activates with temperature change.. took me a while to understand that I only had symptoms in the winter. My cure? Hot showers and regular workouts.. and do your best to never feel cold.. the first time you really go for a hot shower or workout.. get ready for the pain, but thats a good feeling for me now as I understand that when I get those pin pricks, if you ride it out, is basically the cure for this. Its a constant issue but I hardly think about it anymore.
I can answer any questions if any of you want ;)
Hi, all im a teenager probably turning 18 now i had from since i can remember i relised that it activates when my body's temprature changes from cold to hot but not in hot to cold but still i get this feeling in winters only i hadn't had any kind of checks on me(coz im afraid of injections and kinda surjery's etc) but i was told by someone that it is also affected by by our hygine like whenever we apply anything on our body it forms a coating and coating consisted of particles collected on my skin veins or from those tiny spores present on our skin from whick the sweat comes out,so when we do anythinglike(running,playing etc) whatever that makes our body temprature to go up,then sweat comes but due to the particles present on our vessels or spores the sweat has no space to come out so it pushes those particles in order to come out thats why it only happens during the starting of the play like one time and if i continue there is everything normal nothing after that i also happen to have very dry skin that could be a problem too i have tried it like when when i have a lot of sex or of sit under dorect sunlight...
Pins and needles unlike a limb falling asleep? Severe stinging following a prick on the skin? Crawling sensations on your back? Fluttering eyelash sensation on the face? Static on the skin that feels like fire is burning close to your skin? I too have felt these sensations as well as others. The condition that I experienced was not (is not) caused by anything physical.  It is real, but unseen. This will be heavily for most if not all of you, but… I believe these sensations are a result of a spiritual attack. This is why the doctors cannot find evidence of anything wrong.

Some of you may have other physical issues going on at the same time, or you may be getting attacked in different ways. Others may be reporting symptoms resulting from a psychological condition, or physical condition/disease. If any of you have not visited a doctor, you should. If you have visited doctors and they have not found any visible signs of a condition or disease then you should try a different solution. You should treat and cleanse the spirit. This does not involve engagement in any form of new age practices, black or white magic, fortune telling, tarot reading, or anything of the like.

The solution that helped me is biblical. If you are interested in knowing more, please feel free to contact me through email. I hope that all of you are relieved of your pain soon.  God bless you.
Glamoureux,
In your post, you said "Getting close to Jesus, for sure." Have you found relief for the pins and needles sensation? Jesus is the solution.

God bless you.
Boomboom732,
Have you found relief for the pins and needles feeling? Set your sights on Jesus... He is the answer.

God bless you.  
Glamoureux,

God bless you.
IVE HAD ALL DA SYMPTOMS FOR YRS,, TRIED EVERYTHING!!!... MY KIDS AND I HAD THE SAME REACTION ALL THE TIME!..... RASHES, TO NAUSEA, TO DIZZINES, TO CONSTIPATION, U NAME IT WE HAD IT,,, SEEN THE ER LIKE 50 TIMES IN 3 YRS... I ASKED MY SELF IF ITS ON THE SKIN THEN ITS SOMETHING IM WEARING, AFTER SOO LONG I DISCOVERED,,, IT WAS THE PERFUME ON DETERGENTS AND SOFTENERS AND MOISTERIZING CREAMS!!!.. NOW I USE PERFUME FREE, AS MANY PRODUCTS AS I CAN IN THE HOUSE,,, HEALTH GETTIN BETTER AND BETTER..... (WAS GOIN DOWN HILL!!) .... IMMUNE SYSTEM IS GETTIN STRONGER, ETC!!!.......... CHANGE THE WAY U TREAT UR SKIN!..... LOTS OF WATER FOR DEHYDRATION...AND FATIGUE!....USE CLARITIN FOR ALLERGIES UNTIL FEELIN BETTER... AND OF COURSE W THE HELP OF GOD,,,,OPEN OUR EYES TO THE THINGS THAT R OUT THERE!..... GOD BLESS!!!.....ITSSS AND ALLERGIC REACTION!!1..........PASS IT ONNNN....GOOGLEEE THE SYMPTOMS FOR ALLERGIC REACTION!
I am also looking for an answer. I am 58 year old male in good shape. 4 years ago, I had rotator cuff surgery and became sick with allergies right after. two years later I had rotator cuff surgery on my other shoulder and after that started feeling like I was stepping on marbles. now, I have pins and needles and burning sensations on my skin throughout my body. I have seen many doctors, alternative medicine, etc and no answers. I know that if I am near an allergic situation (ex. dog) my reactions is more pins needles and burning. Oddly, I also note that most nights I can sleep and I don't understand why. I do know histamine is involved in the sleep/wake cycle, turning off at sleep and turning back on for waking.
Benadryl is of some help, but the others like Claritin do nothing. Also, one doctor had me try cymbalta, which made things much worse. Has anyone out there experienced anything like this? I plan on going to the MAYO clinic to try and get an answer.
Hello everyone,
just give you an update on my status. I am having this allergy since July 2013 and I was prescribed with 40mg of Cetirizine!!! 10mg is the maximum you can buy without prescription. The medication helped 50%.

I insisted with my allergist to give me shots for dust and mites, as these shots readily addressed my issue 20 years ago (see my previous post). He was reluctant in doing so as my prick test showed a very minor reaction and he didn't believe that was the problem. Anyway, he finally agreed when he noticed I was in despair. It's been two months I am taking the shots now, every week, and I noticed a very minor improvement. I cannot say for sure if it will solve my problem. I will let you know...

Another thing I decided to do was to reduce the amount of cream I use. I constantly ABUSE of those, to be honest. I use cream in my face 2x a day, my hands 10x a day and my feet 2x a day. Once I decided to stop I noticed an improvement of 30%. It's been two weeks now that I stopped with the creams. I started doing this after I saw a post from December 2013, when one member discovered allergy against moisturizer and softeners. I have high hopes this could be the real reason, not dust and mites (although the dust and mites shots resolved my problem 20 years ago). It's hard to pin point exactly as I am doing both at the same time (cream reduction and taking dust mites shots).

As a temporary relief, as another member said, I forced myself to sweat through either exercises or through a hot bath. The hot bath is good because you feel the pain immediately but the hot water somehow alleviates it and it goes away quickly.

Folks, MAKE SURE you get an allergy test (prick test). I've seen quite a few posts here that I don't believe the pins and needles are due to allergy. The fact that we have the same symptoms do not mean we have the same problem. This is obvious, but it's good to be re-emphasized. Also, please share with the group if you find a solution to the problem. I am looking forward to come here one day and post the final solution once and for all, and I will repeat my post in every single forum out there coz I know how debilitating this is.
By the way, just to be more specific on my post above, I take the bath in the bathtub with hot water and bath salts.
You described the exactly symptoms that I am currently having. It is not everyday, it's just occasionally.  I have noticed it more now, and it has nothing to do with diabetes because I am not diabetic. I just tend to rub/scratch the areas and it goes away for a moment and comes back. The pricks occur all over my entire body (not just one specific area).
I woke up today feeling so overwhelmingly tired, and a little confused, light jerky movements, a major pain in my lower right abd. as I walked around the house a little, I started getting really nauseated,then all over my body I felt a rush that seemed to start from the pain in abd. of heat, dizzy, pins and needles, but as it happened i felt like I was loosing my life, I tried to sit and put head on table and it breathing was so shallow, it was kinda like when you dont eat you get that dizzy sick feeling with a niacin rush but so much worse. I truly thought I was dying, I was taken to the ER and they gave me ultra sound because I have some history with sists on ovarys and because I have history of debilitating Mencys. and I just started this morning. The right over they said was fine but they couldn't see the left, my BP was all over the place, When it stopped, I was so so tired, I still feel that weak feeling, working in healthcare and not being a frequent flyer to hospital and pretty darn healthy otherwise, I know that #1 is not a panic attack cuz I have had one and seen them, #2 is not normal, I thought my sist had erupted and the poison was moving through my blood stream and my body was shutting down. I have no ideas. I have been really fatigued over the past several months and abnormal paps.. My boyfriend when he looked at me said I looked really yellow but I dont now. I felt like if I passed out I wasn't waking up. I prayed, its all I could do
Hi... the same things are happening with me now too... i really don't understand the reason for happening this... have you been taking any medications for this? I have checked it with the doctor... but they found nothing.. please help me out. @ borade.***@****
This past week I started a new exercise routine.
As a result on my first day off I began to "suffer" sporadic pins and needles across a large section of my flesh, primarily my torso but extending to my "lower cheeks".
After careful thought and forcing myself not to freak out I experimented and found that the sensation was due to my body trying to regain equilibrium after wearing a weighted pressure suit (Iron wear by Reebok) to increase caloric usage for simple activities. My body had become accustom to the pressure and weight. With its removal my body begins to return to normal, with both nerves and basic skin functions no longer under constant stress the "tingling" is the body repairing and adjusting.
I confirmied this but re-equiping the suit and within minutes almost all the pin pricks ceased.
I am sure this is not going to help everyone, but if I can try to calm some of us who fret over the idea that our bodies are doing something strange to compensate for a new wardrobe, or exercise routine. I would rather calm someone before suggesting they speak to a medical professional.

My name is Ben, I am currrently 36 and live in the UK, I have an engineering degree that is worthless almost planet wide but it allows me a certain knowledge base and a simple understanding of stresses.

Im having this problem and been praying over it. How can i solve this biblically? Pls help.

Thanx
..damian
For the several weeks, I have been experiencing a feeling of pins and needles on different areas of my body, just as Sean's Mom stated at the outset of this discussion.  It can be in my arms, legs, stomach, hands, back, neck... anywhere.  When it seems that it has subsided, I notice only a little sensation around my hairline, tops of my shoulders.  But then I'll get the crawlies, then sharp burning sensations, and then, seems like because I am paying more attention to it, I have the sensations all over!  VERY distracting!  Sometimes very disconcerting!  Allergies?  Really?  The sensation is below the skin. It does not happen all day, but happening more and more each day. So, I guess I'm one with you all!
i am 30 yo femal w Lupus I have been on remission for about ayear now but last week I began with fevers and chills and aches well i can callit a "Lupus Flare". Well I have experienced a new symptom and its the pins n needle feeling with like a spasm feel and minor twitch on my legs n arms and the needle pricks all over at diffrent times. it really uncomfortable some what painful at the time it happens, ( Low Toleration to Pain) I been tru it all my Doc is running a tyroid test next week and well my Compliment test did come back low meaning Lupus is active :( But I am a very hopeful woman and know i am not alone I hve my creator by my side. i am also a renal patient, Lupus has really hit me strong inthe past that idamaged my Kidneys I am in Dialisys, i am noe on a30 mg dose of Prednisone, (not Fun) , I just want this to go back into remission,

I had similar problem 3 years back..i.e, 2011.
It was very serious then with more intense and more frequent attacks.
The attacks consisted of pins and needles sensation all throughout the body  and mainly occured more frequently in winter season and whenever i consumed hot fluids such as tea/ coffee or when i felt my body is getting heated up.
I was not a alcoholic nor smoker.

I had consulted  a neurosurgeon then and was advised MRI of cervical spine,but no abnormality was found.
He referred me to a Neurologist who diagnosed it as panic attacks and prescribed me SSRIs and other antidepressants.

On taking the meds for over a week , the attacks worsened and i couldnt go even in sunlight.

I stopped all the meds without consulting my doc and switched to homeopathy ayurveda and holistic medicine.

I followed a regime for about 30 days and changed my room to a much greener and cleaner side of the city.

For 30 days,
I exercised 1 hr per day regularly, did reiki practice, took homeopathy meds, took ashwagandha once a day, revital capsule once a day, took once weekly full body massage and kept myself busy with my work without worrying much.

There was a not a day, i didnt pray God to heal me.

Interestingly, the frequency of attacks came down.
Even i felt , it was mainly because of anxiety which might have built up subconsciously.
I was even getting stressed about my illness.
i felt,my change in the attitude of living healed me.
Now i never get stressed and my threshold for stress has increased and i dont get stressed so easily . i always take things easily rather than worrying about them.

After that ,when i felt confident, i stopped all the meds and switched to a healthy lifestyle.

I had a few episodes in 2014, but i am used to them now and i know what to do, so i switch to exercise and attitude changes and reiki, that usually solves the problem.

But the scene is much much better than it was in 2011.
I am Happy and feel really thankful to God as well.

Whoever is out there with same problem, first of all consult your doctor and rule out all the serious conditions such Thyroid dysfunction, Multiple sclerosis, Neuropathy, gastritis, calcium deficiency.

If your doc cannot point out exactly, then you can try alternative medicine.
Homeopathy, ayurveda and naturopathy worked for me.

God Bless you.
Take care.

I forgot to mention,
I am 24 year old male who is a student.
I have had this problem for almost 15 years. I have compressed discs with bulging in my neck, chronic bursitis in one sholuder, tendinitis in my elbows and have had bilateral carpel tunnel surgery. I also have osteoarthritis in my hands. I suffer ftom anxiety and minor depression. Lately I have had at least 2 large glasses of wine a night. Is there any way to deal with this. All my other medicsl problems don't bother me as much as the pin point pain.

Teri
Pin pricks are obviously a sensation which is carried by the nerves to the brain.  There are probably many different causes of pin pricks sensations.  Acute gas poisioning  can cause this sensation.  I do not know that it can cause chronic sensations, but can you link your sensations to any of the following:
heavy low  lying gases (near the floor) or in the basement?
poorly adjusted furnace or improperly installed or improperly installed burners?
does your sensation coordinate with swings in weather as respiratioon of underground gases follows highs and lows of atmospheric pressure?
Is your house constructed so it is very tight, doesn't leak air?
Have you had the furnace or water heater adjusted recently?
has your blood been checked for carbon monoxide?
is your home built over mines or garbage dump?
let me know if this helps.  best wishes.  fred
A friend of mine said at these times, someone is doing Voodoo on you!
READ MY COMMENT I HAVE SOLUTION!!! SOLUTION HERE

I am having this problem since last 6 years. It start in winter and go away itself in summer. Yes i have anxiety and it make it worse. I feel pinch all over my body, my legs, arms, stomach, back, face, skull everywhere and some time it is such bad that it give me red dot all over my hand, forehead, thighs but these red dots disappear itself after few minutes after cooling down my body. Whenever my body start warming up or heating then these painful pinch start on my body and i feel heating sensation i have to run in cold place to get some relief, When someone insult me or i feel embrace or excited whatever activity which make my body to get warm then this painful pinch start on every part of my body. I can't even run in winter because of fear of this. Even when i sleep i wake up in middle of night getting pinch all over my body and i run for cold water.

But I have it SOLUTION OR CURE i have checked many doctors, Some medicine give me a little relief but failed to stop it permanently. Only one solution i found is EXERCISE and SWEAT every day in WINTER. I see that if i keep doing EXERCISE in winter and get daily sweat then these pinch(allergy) do not occur in whole day. You can read other forum where people have get big relief after sweating in winter every day. I know its hard to sweat in winter but you have to sweat just wear clothes and wrap your body. It will be painful in starting but it wroth doing it. In starting days you will get pinch on your body after few days you will notice that these pinch are getting low and low and will disappear 99%.

I suggest you to start immediately doing every day exercise in winter whenever this allergy start, I live in INDIA and winter start from Nov to March and i start getting this allergy in the middle of October and then i knew its time to do exercise every day and sweat. I daily run for 2KM+ to sweat and in the starting of it i feel a little pinch over my body while warming up my body but after getting some sweat all pinch stop and i become completely free of it and can run without any pain. I found after getting sweat this allergy do not occur whole day. I run in evening time because i can't wake up in morning in winter because its too cold. After sweating every day then you can go in sun light, get your body warm, do parties, hang out with friends and this pinch will not return . I know this allergy is so painful and even some of you who are reading my this comment would be getting pinch on his/her body because you might excited that i found it solution.

I do not like writing comment doing comment on internet but i want to help other people who are suffering from this problem so i wrote this long comment.

I am going to post my this comment on every forum where people are looking solution for it.

English is not my first language pardon me if you did not understand what i wrote.

Hello , i would very appreciate if someone can help me in this case.

My sister had a solurium few months ago for 10 times, right after the last session she was started skin rashes and ichines in her body especially legs and arms. After two weeks rashes has gone and needling and pining started on arms and legs which could let her to sleep. She has done all the tests for blood , MRI , x ray and given different medicines by neurologists. That made her better at first weeks but she got worser after using medicines such as gabapentine other types of  anti epileptic medicines, pain killers and ect. All of her test were clear no signs of diabetes ms , auto immuno problems have been found. She stop using all the medicines but she keeps feeling worst and worst with needle and pinning problems spread all over her body and now in her face. She went Dr s in Australia and Sweden no one can help her . All she got after using any medicine her symptoms got worser and worser. Can any one help / recommend anything in this situation ? Thanks
HI,
Ive just read your comment and experiencing exactly the same could you please tell me how you over came this problem.

Dear Madam,
I m 46 years old men, I feel pinching continuously in my body also I feel  some fasten like (jakadna) I m also a diabatic person. sometime I feel darkness on  my eyes i feel so much week but also I having medicines and insulin continuously but I don't have enough money to eat healthy food because i have no job Please help us with your great solution. by mail ***@****
i'll thankful to you.
Thanks so much cause for about two are three weeks my fingers been numb and tingling every day it seems to be getting worse I plain to see the doctor next week.
I am facing this pinching type feel in my body and rush near fan or cooler.   its really very irritating problem.   please anyone suggest what to do.
Anyone try Anti-histamines for a few days and see if they improve symtoms (symptoms)? Not a cure, but possibly might point to allergy or immune issues (interestingly enough, I've seen mentions of people treating some MS symptoms with antihistamines.

My issues probably started a decade ago and was so subtle that it only affected my sleep & digestion. About 9 months ago I got into bed and my left big toe exhibited a pinkie pain. Over several months this spread across both feet and throughout the day. I exercised more but it seemed to just get worse. Sleep started to fall off. Then one morning both had suddenly were hit with the pins. I immediately got a doc appointment-- peripheral neuropathy diagnosis (which isn't  worth much more than a gabbapentin script). A few days later, I experienced full body, deep itch attacks. As the itchiness fades it seems to last affect the hands and feet and manifest as pins/needles/stabbing. So, I think the itchiness and pins are the same symptom, just manifesting different because finer nerves in hands and feet. I also think this nerve activity leads to some muscle spasms. which are the end of any sleep you might hope to get.

I've had a couple blood tests.. the first had me a little high on bilirubin and a little low on b12. The most recent test came out as completely normal. I have a couple bulging discs (c5, c6) that couple explain hand issues but not the feet or full body symptoms. Oxygen: good. BP: good. Diabetes: negative.

The last 2 1/2 months have been hell. At best, a little sleep every other night (Sleep aid every other night, those are my better nights). I've found that lack of sleep leads to many other symptoms, including muscle tension in back, spinal pain, vision issues. Sleep is paramount-- without it, everything else seems to fall apart.

I never considered allergies because the sequence of symptoms-- the itchiness was last. But as I look back at the last year I have had some choking events which could be related to some subtle allergic response.

The last 4 nights have been better for me. Gabbapentin, Anti-histamines, and a Sleep Aid mean I get 4-6 hours of sleep, which is a heck of a lot better than what I was going through.

I'm trying to learn more about elevated Histamine response, and won't be surprised is this an allergy. Unfortunately, I could also be one of the autoimmune cousins to allergy, MS. Or possibly Lyme disease. I'll update as I learn more. Take care, everyone! Hang in there!

Request: It would be great to know if any long term factors apply to each of you. Smoking, drinking, time spent outside, work in construction, exposure to large power transmission lines, IBS, long winter exposure(you live north), allergy history, use of compression socks or pants, level of physical activity indoors and out, etc.
I have had pin like pains in my thighs and then all over no rhyme nor reason were they might pop up next. Then remembered folic acid took one 5mg pains :gone.  Cost pennies try if they don't work after a few tablets they might not be the answer.  For a few quid worth a try any way.good luck .I got this from someone on the web. Just love th e m    xxxxxx
A couple years ago I thought I was growing allergic to everything. The list was growing until even ketchup, salad dressing and anything acidic caused my throat to swell. I couldn't get any medical help so I went to the local Sprouts and was telling the lady who worked there and she knew exactly what my problem was. I needed probiotics. I suffered for over a year with extreme allergies and within one week of taking PB8 all my symptoms disappeared.

IBS - try going gluten, dairy free and start taking probiotics. If you've ever had antibiotics chances are your gut microbes are way out of balance. Google IBS and gluten. See what comes up. Turns out if the microbes are disturbed in the gut a list of possible diseases can manifest (like 350) including autism. Just for fun Google:

I cured my son's autism
gut microbes and disease

Caffeine can cause nerve damage. Google, "Nerve pain, caffeine"