Pneumonia and cat allergy
I had a slight case of pneumonia that began Dec. 11. I was given antibiotics, etc., and felt much better by Christmas. My daughter gave me a lovely kitten for Christmas (having checked with me first), but after a week, I had so much trouble with weeping itchy eyes, shortness of breath, that I had her take the kitten home with her. Now I wonder whether the pneumonia may have made the problem worse and now that I've recovered, could I have the kitten back? I have had cats for years, and never had an allergic reaction to them before.

Thanks for writing to the forum!
Only a skin test will rule out for sure whether it was cat allergy or worsening of your pneumonia symptoms. Here is a link which will tell you everything about cat allergy: http://www.webmd.com/allergies/relief-for-allergies-8/cat-allergies
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!