Allergy Community
Possible Mold Allergies?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible Mold Allergies?

My boyfriend (23yr old male) has been experiencing nausea and vomiting (usually around 7am) and headaches for about a week now.  His headaches are pretty constant, but come and go in regards to intensity.  He says whenever he moves his head or bends over the pain intensifies.  We've considered migraines and food allergies, but neither of these seem to fit.
I, on the other hand (23 yr old female), have been having a lot of respiratory and allergy problems for the past few weeks.  With the onset of spring, I expected problems, but I have never had this much trouble with them before.  My throat itches constantly, my nose is stuffed, and I sneeze (normal allergy symptoms), but it also feels like I have a brick in my chest. My lungs ache from hacking all night long.  I have asthma and use an inhaler, but this only helps a little.  I have been taking antihistamines, but my symptoms persist.
I have been reading up on mold allergies online, but I am looking for other possibilities of how my boyfriend and I's conditions could perhaps be linked.
Should we get our blood tested?  I'm not sure what to do!  My boyfriend doesn't have health insurance, so we are hoping to fix this problem at home, or at least in a single trip to the doctor.  
We both appreciate your feedback!!!