Possible Severe Tylenol Allergy
I very rarely take pills (see my screen name :-) ) but earlier this week I developed a fever as I caught it from somebody at work. Since I am allergic to Advil, I took Tylenol Extra Strength. It worked, got the fever down although never below 100. The fever persisted for 4 days, and 2 nights I woke up with 102.5 fever in the middle of the night. I had no other symptoms (no sore throat, no runny nose, no cough). I kept taking Tylenol Extra Strength the whole time, always under the maximum daily dose.

On day 5, I woke up with head to toe rash that looked like mild sunburn. I have been in bed with this cold and been out of the sun, besides my skin looked sunburn even where the sun-don't-shine. The rash is not itchy, but my skin does feel warm, just like it would when sunburn. I stopped taking Tylenol even though I have a slight fever.

I looked at the Tylenol box, it identified "red rash" as a severe side effect. I have not been able to find anything else online.

Help! Is this an allergy? Tylenol is also identified to affect the liver, and a rash like this could be caused by a liver problem (like when pregnant, I forgot the name).

Turns out it was Fifth Disease..