Possible allergies?
First let me give you a little background- Since the middle of April,2012 I have been dealing with what I like to call spontaneous allergies to nothing.  They started at home in Wisconsin-hives, itchiness, lip swelling- and since I had never had allergies before, I thought it warranted an ER trip.  The hospital I went to doesn't have a great rep but they were the closest ones open on Easter Sunday.  They gave me a benydryl and Pepsid and sent me home, saying that I had developed a Strawberry allergy.  Two days later, I took a bus ride down to Disney in florida w/ my school's music dept.  Long story short, I spent 6 day, 15 benydryl, and 5lbs to figure out what my allergist told me the next day-It wasn't food related.  I returned home to WI and the allergist told me that they should go away if I take gen. allegra and zyrtec 1 week, and just the gen zyrtec 1 more week after that.  While on the meds I was fine. 3 Days after I went off them the symptoms started to come back. He told me to try the course again, so I did and the same thing happened.  Now he wants me to do it from the end of june until the end of Aug, before he lets me do the allergy testing.

So, now that you know the story, here's my questions.-
1)I have developed small, light, flat(not raised), red circles the size of a dime or smaller on my arms, chest, shoulders, and back (about 6).  Could this be the allergies even though I am on zyrtec? Or a reaction the the resent heat wave or my new BC?
2)Should I be looking for a different allergist? It seems odd that he keeps trying the same thing over and over even though it is obviously not working.
Since you have skin outbreak, you should have digestive issues ruled out, such as Crohn's disease and Celiac disease.  Have upper and lower endoscopy.  

I don't see why you don't think the treatment isn't working if it works while you take it.  Seasonal allergies may last for months, depending on how many things you are allergic to and what they are.  It might be a grass allergy, for instance.  

I used to have to take antihistamines like that all year long.  Once I stopped drinking milk, my allergy season went down to about 2 weeks of the year, so you may find that some food is the main culprit and other allergies will lessen if you stop the food you are sensitive to.