Allergy Community
Precisely what are some natural treatment for allergies?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

My question for you is just how do i cope with the environmental or seasonal  allergies?  I realize that things such as mold, pollen, and dust might be  triggers.  Surely the are harder to avoid when i can keep  the home as well as readily air purifier, but I can not control these  allergens outside and anywhere else which i go.  At all like me out of home  more than I am in it, this seems like it could be a problem.  I have struggled with seasonal allergies like a kid plus had asthma.   The classic symptoms including runny nose, itchy throat, come a couple of times a  year and try to go away after a couple of events of clariton. I'm wondering  what the best long-term treatment is to assist with tics and overall  health?  Allergy shots?  Regular anti-histamine use?  Daily Quercetin?   Thanks upfront!
Tags: Allergies
Every person is different...therefore, what works for one person may not work for another.

I do sinus flushes and use claritin nose spray every so often.
I have found that there is NO allergy pill or syrup that helps me.

But that  is me. It's a hit and miss thing with allergy pills. You have to take them for a few weeks to see if that particular pill works for you...which is time consuming, expensive, and a pain.

The alternative therapies forum could give you non-medicinal ideas...as could a health food store.

Talking with your doctor about what is right for you may help as well.
Or a pharmacist...they know so much more about medications than doctors do. I always talk to my pharmacist first...then go to the doctor for the appropriate prescription if needed.

Hi Christine.
Look into NAET or "Allergy Antidotes" trained Doctors or Practitioners.
These are Holistic methods of treating allergies, using Energy Medicine.
Just do an online search. The results are much better than the results from
conventional treatments of allergies.

The design of most drugs for allergies is to suppress the body's response to the allergen, which doesn't do anything to correct the cause.
-Corticosteroids help prevent the release of symptom-causing chemicals during an allergic reaction. Numerous possible side-effects.
-Antihistamines block histamine, a chemical released by your immune system during an allergic reaction.Histamines also regulate gastric activity and your sleep schedule, and perform numerous functions in your body that are not yet fully understood.
-Decongestants are used for quick, temporary relief of nasal and sinus congestion. You may need to avoid decongestants if you're pregnant, if you're an older adult or if you have high blood pressure.

So if you want more than just symptom suppression or temporary relief, then check online the holistic allergy approach I mentioned earlier.

For asthma you may look into the Buteyco breathing program,
to help reduce attacks and to lessen the dependency on meds.
You can attend the classes offered in your area (short and simple)
or you can purchase the DVD program.
I'm going to visit my 10 year old nephew in the spring in Europe
who suffers from asthma and I'll bring him the DVD and help him learn the
breathing technique. Children pick this up so fast!

Cheers!
Niko