Allergy Community
Prickly skin condition

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Prickly skin condition

I am 69 year . This is the hot season I am having a prickly skin and it is interfering with my work . My office is air conditioned . Sleep in a air conditioned room. What could be the cause. I have plenty of exercise, I swim in a chlorinated pool.
Can you suggest what I should do? I apply moisturizing creams which relieves the condition temporarily . Please help me

Hello there,

I just finished reading your comments. You say you swim in a chlorinated pool. Could you by any chance be allergic to the chlorine in the water ?
I suspect that I have an allergy to chlorine. When I was a child taking swimming lessons, my eyes used to get really red, so red my mom used to put a type of eye gel In my eyes after my swimming lessons. When you say prickly skin what is actually happening to your skin ? Is your skin itchy, bumpy, majorly dry ?  If you are not allergic to chlorine, I can't think of what else might be causing this.  Did you buy any new products that you have just recently started to use ? Such as bath soap, shampoo, detergent  ?
It seems like this is really bothering you. Have you been to see your family doctor about this ? If not, perhaps that might be helpful. You could also consider making an appointment to see a dermatologist. Where I live, you need a referral from your family doctor before you can be seen by a dermatologist.  I wish you luck.  Eve