Pubic Area Rash
I have rash on my pubic area. It started by a little itchiness, then burning, and sore. It's been nearly a week now. 2 days ago, my husband says he found some bumps on his penis, but no discomfortness. Yesterday, when he came out of the shower, his penis looked like flaking and peeling, but he says still no itch or pain. My pubic area still has red rashlike itch and pain. Booked to see the gynae, but only next week tuesday. Please help me!
Hi, welcome to the forum. Rash on the pubic area and a lesion on your partner's penis, first thing needed to be ruled out is STD (sexually transmitted disease). There is a probability that you have contacted STD.
The possibilities are candidiasis, scabies, Chancroid, chancre, molluscum contagiosum and Granuloma inguinale. The scraping from the penis lesions should be sent for culture and microscopy to diagnose the particualr cause.  M-PCR is a technique currently used in research laboratories to simultaneously test for the presence of the three most common causes of genital rasha and ulcers.
Second thing need to be ruled out is skin allergy which can be in the form of atopic dermatitis, sweat dermatitis etc. This requires treatment with appropriate steroid and anti histaminic. Avoid use of garments which you are allergic to.
I would suggest you to consult gynecologist and take this conditions into consideration. As early you rule out, early treatment for the appropriate cause will be quite helpful. If diagnosed STD, along with you partner should be also be treated and avoid sex until exact cause and treatment is started and the disease is cured. Take care and regards.
Hi Doctor, My husband's rash went away the next day by itself. I bought and applied cortisone cream the next day, the rash gradyally healed, and totally disappeared by Monday. Therefore I cancelled the Gaynae's appointment. Thank you very much for answering my question.