Allergy Community
Quick morning routine for swollen eyes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Quick morning routine for swollen eyes?

Hello everybody.
I am a 15 year old girl who found out last year that I was allergic to many things in my environment.
To be specific : The doctor said I am allergic to "Trees, White Ash, Birch Mix, Elm American, Oak Mix, Maple, Cottonwood, sycamore american, walnut tree, willow black, hickory, grass, kentucky blue, orchard, bermuda, red top, timothy, ragweed, giant ragweed, short ragweed, english plaintain, redroot pigweed, lamb quater, mold, candida albieans, dust&animals,housedust&dustmite, mixed feathers, dog hair, cat hair, cat pelt, cockroach mix."

Anyway, I still wake up every morning with swollen eyes. They have gotten much better than it was 2 years ago, but they're still swollen. I have a lot of eyebags (allergic shiners) and it makes me so insecure that I wear glasses everyday to cover them!
Since I am a 15 year old girl who goes to school, in the morning I don't have enough time to spare 15 minutes for cucumber on my eyes or anything. I want a good quick cooling product that I can put on my eyes and walk out with no more puffiness or eyebags!
I am not sure whether this product is good or not.
http://www.sephora.com/no-puffery-cooling-mask-for-puffy-eyes-P297545

For my allergy sufferers, what do you do for your eyebags in the morning?

I have also been taking allergy shots for a year now.
How about ice? That might work. And how about getting rid of your allergies?
Alice,

I have seen many patients come through with the same problem over the years. I have a different way for you to deal with your puffy eyes that will at the very least, decrease the swelling.
Each night before bed you need to wash your hair with a mild shampoo (think baby shampoo) that has no perfumes in it. The reason is simple, as you go about your day pollen and dirt collect in your hair. Next, you go to bed and the pollen is transferred to your pillow which you have your face resting on throughout the night. Be sure to change to pillow cover a couple times a week and do not leave it exposed during the day (keep it covered by blanket). And by all means keep the animals off them!

If you can afford it, I recommend that you buy some Claritin or Allegra to take at bedtime for your allergies.

One other thing, if you do your own laundry, use the extra rinse for your sheets and pillowcases(HOT WATER!). That way if there is any leftover soap in them it will be removed, lowering the chance of any skin irritation and/or swelling. It will also take care of the dust mites!

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I took Claritin ever since November, but I didn't see much of a difference. :(