Allergy Community
Random swelling of my finger
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Random swelling of my finger

about 3 days ago i noticed a slight tingle and redness in my right middle finger, and since then its got worse. the part around my nail has completely swollen and is really red. its sore to touch i can't put pressure on that part of my finger, i have also noticed little red dots around my hand and up that middle finger. it almost looks like a blister, the skin is stretched and shinny, but i literally have no idea what it could be. the whole tip of my finger is very stiff and hurts to bend, but this has all come on very randomly, any advise would help!
thanks
Tags: random, Swelling, swollen, swollen finger, red swelling, sore, Finger, painful finger, swelling of finger
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1268057_tn?1399131913
Sounds like the finger could have gotten infected.  Do you recall scratching or injuring the finger or getting bit by an insect/spider?

You really need to seek medical attention for this.  Difficult to say what this is exactly.  
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be a nail bed infection, also known as paronychia. If left untreated it can progress to a more severe infection of the entire finger. If an abscess has formed it needs to be drained and you will be given antibiotics for the infection. You may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank