Allergy Community
Rash? I've had what I think is a rash for 7 years.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I'm 18, from the age of 11 I've had an odd skin complexion on my both my upper arms. It's not sore or itchy, looks like sometimes just slightly pink, sometimes darker, and covered with tiny bumps of dry skin. I went to one doctor who thought it might be a type of allergenic rash. These rashes aren't irritating, but I am feeling quite self conscious of them. Finding a way to get rid of them would be great. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum!
You probably have very dry skin on both your upper arms. This could be due to harsh soaps, scrubbing, reaction to shampoos etc. Try using a gentle soap and liberally apply moisturizer. Keep the area covered to avoid exposure to sun, dust and air. Once the area starts healing start keeping them open on and off but never for prolonged periods. Slowly the area will heal and you can keep it uncovered. You will need to keep the area moisturized.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult a skin specialist. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!