Allergy Community
Rash on lip?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash on lip?

A couple days ago my upper lip suddenly became covered in tiny slightly red bumps. They're barely noticeable, but I can feel them, and my lip was also slightly tingly, numb in a way, and dry. I bought a medicated chapstick the next day, and then my lip started to "weep" clear fluid, I guess since they cracked. The fluid crusts over and is scabby? The day before this all happened, I was playing around with new lip makeup I've never used before, so I thought it could be an allergic reaction, but I'm not sure. Now my lips are dry and cracked and slightly painful. It was also slightly swollen at one point...my upper lip is the only area affected.
Related Discussions
  • Lips Itch (1 replies):
    I am aged 16 living in a hot and humid country. For the ...[more]
  • Lip Allergies (6 replies):
    Hello, I am 35 years old and I have lip problems they...[more]
  • Sore Lips (3 replies):
    Two weeks ago I had to give a report in front of a big a...[more]
  • Please help my lips! (1 replies):
    For the past 5 months my lips have been getting really r...[more]
  • lips (2 replies):
    Hi, A few weeks ago I started getting a rash on my lip...[more]
1355118_tn?1298568479
Hi, welcome to the forum, possibilities of lesions on the lips are herpes simplex- which usually presents with vesicles with clear fluids and is usually painful.  Precipitating factors include exposure to sunlight, trauma, and emotional stress.

The diagnosis is confirmed by identifying multinucleated giant cells on a Tzanck smear (these are also seen with varicella zoster virus infection), direct immunofluorescence smear, or by viral culture.

If present should be treated with appropriate course of anti-viral like acyclovir or valcyclovir against prescription. Otherwise chances of relapse are high.
Ice, popsicles can be used over lip to provide relief.

Another possibility is systemic lupus erythematosis- autoimmune disorder and involvement of other organs should be ruled out.

I suggest you to consult physician. Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...