Reaction to Bactrim DS/1800mg
I was given Bactrim DS for a healing hematoma on my lower leg. However, I took 5 doses of this and started intching. I quit taking it and the hives and itching still hasn't gone away. My last dose was Monday 03/09/09 in the am. I'm taking benadryl and Aveno oatmeal baths but I'm going nuts with this itching. How much longer before this gets out of my system??

Sometimes hives can take at a maximum of 6 weeks also to cure completely.Keep on taking the antihistaminics and apply calamine lotion on the itchy areas.You can also take Claritin or Zyrtec for the itching as they cause less drowsiness than Benadryl.Also apply a mild steroid cream on the itchy rashes and pls don’t scratch them.If the hives don’t go after 6 weeks also,then pls get yourself evaluated as it may be due to autoantibodies.

Take care and do keep us posted on how you are doing.Kind regards.

Check out this website about bactrim ds.  http://briandeer.com/septrin/bactrim-effects-23.htm  
You probably have an allergy to Sulfa drugs.  I found this out after taking Bactrim DS for a UTI.  It took 5 wks to recover for me, but my rash was mild and went away in about a week.  I had severe joint pain and fatique among other things.  Hope you are well.