Reaction to Insect Bite?
I just returned from Vacation in the Dominican Republic. While I was there I was bit by some sort of insect A LOT (i.e. I have about 30 bites on my legs, ten on my arms and four on my right hand). These bites appeared between 1-2 weeks ago, and though they are not itchy, they are still visible- pink circular center, dark red-purple ring around bite area, approximately 1/2-3/4 of an inch. I have also been experiencing stomach problems-some nausea, mostly diarrhea. I thought it was just the food but it has been almost a week since my return and I am still experiencing it. I was very careful not to drink the water (water/ice etc were all filtered/bottled) or eat fruits/veggies that may have been washed in non-filtered water, so I don't think that's the problem.

Is is possible that this is a reaction to the insect bites? Should I seek medical attention for this, or will it likely go away on its own? -As a side note, I am the only one in my group (about 30 people) to have this kind of reaction to these bites, I also had about 4 x's the number of bites as anyone else).
HI,

How are you? DO you have personal history of allergies? If unsure if it was an insect bite and other symptoms arise, and if it persists, have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper management. With regards to the diarrhea, rest and drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.

Take care and do keep us posted.