Red Wine Allergy?
Hi-

I have been dealing with this for quite some time now. When I drink red wine that is NEW (bottled within the past year or so), I do not get any allergic reaction. I also tend to have no reaction when I eat food and drink wine.

Here is when I DO have a problem: When the wine has been bottled for several years or it was opened and not finished for a few days/weeks.

Here are my symptoms: I have difficulty breathing, and my throat feels like it is slightly swelling.

The issue is, I can never tell the age of the wine when I'm in a restaurant (even with wine menu's), and I also don't drink an entire bottle of wine each time I open it, so it sits there for a few days and then I get a reaction!

Does anyone have any idea what exactly I might be reacting to in the aged/opened wine?

For now-- I just buy year 2008/2009 wine and drink it within a day, but I would like to know if anyone has ideas!

Thank you