Allergy Community
Red itchy blotches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Red itchy blotches

I started getting red (slighty raised) itchy blotches on my wrists and around my knees one morning. It was very cold, and not too itchy either. It seems like and allergic reaction to something (my mum said I might have a virus or something) and the doctors won't see me unless I'm also having breathing problems or something like that - I'm perfectly fine apart from the slightly itchy red blotches. I'm taking cetrazine tablets (10mg) once everyday but it doesn't seem to be doing much... I've had this for a week now.
Over time it seems to have moved upwards, it started on my wrists, now it's no longer on my wrists but on the insides of my elbow and on my biceps, and on my legs it started on my shins and around my knees and it's not only still there, but also on my thighs. And on my back around where there's friction from my underwear. I've itched so hard now that I've only just realised I have thin scabs on some of the effected areas.
It might help if I add that I used to have bed bugs but I sprayed my whole room with this spray to kill them, and now I have this sound to play to drive the bed bugs away and reduce allergic reactions to them. I haven't been bitten yet so it seems to be working.
Could you tell me what's wrong and what I can do to get rid of it quicker? The doctor my mother spoke to over the phone said to keep my skin as cool as possible (but then again my mother wasn't answering questions properly) and to keep taking the cetrazine pills.
Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) works a lot better than Zyrtec (Cetrazine) for a lot of people with allergies.  It's more sedating, but it's also more effective for a lot of people.  You can even buy it in topical form (cream) as well as oral form (pills).  Temporary use of steroid creams (Cortisone and other forms) helps a lot with the worst of the topical symptoms.
Do you have any house plants as I recently was made aware I am allergic to mine, I didnt realise how toxic some cactus are, since I removed them and do not touch any my rash which was chronic has subsided I still get some itchy skin but it is a lot better than beforewhe I would touch the plants some are very toxic to humans . .