Allergy Community
Red meat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Red meat

I am allergic to red meat, i have been for a very long time, my symptoms are similar to severe food poisoning, Eg: vomitimg, diarroeah, sweating and a fever, i have spent my life either being a veggie or being only able to eat chicken or pork, my question is i would like to know if  i could eat goose or goose fat.

Thank You

Jo
Hi, welcome to the forum, determination of the food you are allergic to, is one of the challenges which you need to pass through. The common existing food allergens are Peanut flour, peanut butter, powdered egg white, Powdered/fresh milk Soy milk, soy flour Wheat breads, flour etc.
As allergic reactions are IgE mediated, blood tests will show increase in these levels secondary to a food allergy. The problem with the food allergy testing is sometimes the amount of food they challenge with may be not sufficient to elicit any allergic reactions.

It usually involves three types of attack like-
The skin (cutaneous attacks)
The gastrointestinal tract (abdominal attacks) and
The larynx (laryngeal attacks)

From your history, It is clear that you are allergic to red meat. It is likely that you may be allergic to goose meat. You may go for small mount of goose meat. If there is reaction then avoid it in future otherwise fine. The food you are allergic to is basically comes from experiences.

I suggest you to consult skin specialist. Take care and regards.