Redness itchy bumps on scalp
Started from three days ago, I can feel that I have several redness bumps with itchy sensation spread around the scalp and majority are at occipital and temporal bone area, and two on the right and left frontal hairline. They stated from inion and back of both ears then go up. These bumps are really itchy and moderately swollen. I never had this kind symptom before. I have dandruff since I was litte until now, sometime it is seasonal. I eat unhealthy sometimes, I live outside so. My wife and I thought these bumps are allergic reaction for some reason, but we could not figure it out where it come from. I took one pill for allergy last night, and they are smaller when I woke up today. Kind of smaller, but I am not sure will it come back or something else. So, recently I ate a lot healthy food. Oh, I forgot to mentioned that it is all happened after I eat a lot mung bean soup about three days ago. So, we thought it is maybe some metabolic reaction for part of the reasons. But that's weird to me, there must be something wrong. Can somebody tell me what's wrong with me? Thank you.

You mention that you have dandruff, have you taken any medication for that?

Do these 'bumps' have pus or blood in them?
Do you think these may have happened due to some substance you may have applied on your scalp? Or due to contact with some substances on your headrest /pillow /hat /headgear ?

It seems anti-allergics have helped you a bit. This may indicate an allergic reaction.

However, we must not rule out infections and there fore you must get this examined by your doctor who can help you better with these..

Keep us posted and let us know the answers to the questions above.

As a general indicator, keep your scalp clean, try not to scratch the lesions as this may actually rupture them and/or transfer infection to newer sites.

Best regards.

Thanks for answering.

I took another allergy pill last night, and this morning the bumps are getting a little smaller. The dandruff is with me since I was little. That's not a news for me. I never really go to a doctor for medication for that, but I do try some dandruff shampoo to reduce the dandruff.  Some of them work, but after a while the dandruff will come back. It's really annoying but sometimes it's okay, no dandruff at all, but sometimes gets alot. I think season changes is one of the reasons. Maybe my scalp is really sensitive. I do wash my head almost everyday to keep it clean. Yea, I will keep changeing pillow case or anything will touch my scalp. I just never had this kind symptom happened to me before.

Thanks.
Add-on

I didn't scratch them really hard to make anything come out really obviously. I don't see blood or pus something like that. Some of them are getting smaller.  But still really itchy.

You should take some oral antiallergic or antihistamine medications for a few days and see if it helps with your symptoms.

You could consult a dermatologist and see if using a medicated shampoo or some prescribed ointment does decrease the dandruff.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
I have similar problems. It seems like when the weather changes I get this rash (red) looking this around my face. Mostly on the cheek/ nose area. It gets really itchy. It dries out and peels away after awhile. It shows up as well in my eyebrows. My eyebrows dry out and peel skin underneath the hair. I hate it.  Also I get like red bumps on the hairline of my scalp and it spreads all through out my scalp. Even around my ears where my sideburns are. Its embarrassing because it gives me a ridiculous amount of dandruff. I use selsun blue, but it doesn't do anything. I'm thinking it might be dermatitis. What alergy medicine should I take for this?

Any news or help on this would be great.

From the description, it appears that you may have Seborrheic dermatitis or allergy.

Seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition which involves inflammation of the oil glands and  skin of the involved region, and in fact one form of this is dandruff.

Allergy is an immune system disorder caused by the development of reaction/sensitivity to various substances, therefore, there must be some kind of trigger in this case.

You must keep the area clean and hygienic, you may use OTC anti-allergics for this purpose. You may also research both these conditions on the internet and then get some input on the appearances of these conditions.

You may have to consult a dermatologist for a better management of these conditions. You may let us know if you may have nay other queries.
Maybe it is rosacea?
hi,

Yes this may be Rosacea, the only difference being that Rosacea usually involves the central part of th face and not all the parts of the face. Further, there may not be such bumps in the case of a typical case of Rosacea.

You may get this examined from a dermatologist to get a better indication.

Let me know if you may need any more information.

Best regards
i been have these red itchy bumps. it starts with small red bums and itchy.then it get abit bigger. then after 30 mins to 2 hours the itchiness feeling is gone. but i don't know if i have an infection , or disease . thanks
I have a similar problem, small itchy red spots in my hairline and if I itch them they bleed, then scab, then itch again... I just found one on my forehead, but until now they have only been on my scalp.  I have had my hairdresser check for knits, she didn't find any and continued to do my hair, so if she thought it was anything sinister I think she would have thrown me out of the salon.  I will try allergy tablets tonight, this started around January, and my brother recently mentioned that he has the same thing... any ideas?
I have this itchy bald spot on my head. There are small bumps in this area. It comes goes all the time. The all ways grows back and then falls back out in the same spot. The last time I went to the doctor, I was prescribe for an infection. Every time I go back says it's something different. This the doctor has clue just told I'm just goin bald in that area. If I was, why does the hair keep growin back. I tried all types of shampoos. Need help, Oh by the way I had this problem since high school.