Allergy Community
Right nostril yellow liquid stuff running out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I notice many people with the same comment. well it just happened to me today.
Any suggestions? What should I do?
      Yellow liquid coming from nostrils could be due to sinusitis or passing of infection from dental abscess to near by sinuses or leakage of cerebral fluid after a head injury. Do you have any accompanying symptoms like fever, stuffed ears, loss of balance etc? You need to see a physician for examination and further assistance on treatment. Best.
Posting this on various threads, because they all seem to be about the same thing:

Enjoy :-)

Had the same thing - bright yellow fluid exiting left nostril, but please, nobody panic. I did (panic), and thought I was also leaking csf, but the doc called this evening and said it was probably just a cyst in the sinus cavity that burst for some reason. They're going to take a CT scan of the sinuses just to be sure, but it's probably nothing.

These things are benign more often than not (actually almost always)..; and apparently more common than anyone thought (by reading all the comments on this board). So please do yourselves a favor, relax... take a deep breath, blow your nose and get on with whatever you were doing :-) If I hear any new news after the scan, I'll pass it along.
Hey I had the exact same thing happen to me 2 days ago, it was so scary. I was bending over picking up my daughter room and it started pouring out like water! But it was bright highlighter color yellow! I freaked out thinking it was Cerebral spinal fluid from my brain! So i went to the insta care quickly! The doctor told me that she was worried it might be Cerebral spinal fluid when she read my chart before seeing the color of it, but the spinal fluid that coats your brain is clear! She said it is something that gets caught in your sinuses and maybe been there for awhile and then something that is blocking it finally came loose and so it pours out. Also she asked if I had eaten anything that color recently, I couldn't think of anything except a small piece of birthday cake that had yellow trim on the edges, she said it could be a food that got caught under my pallet and stayed there until again something jarred it loose! So no worries it's OK, it was associated with dizziness too but we figure that's my anxiety cause i have bad anxiety and had a bad panic attack when I saw it coming from my nose! I hope this helps re-assure you that it's nothing with your brain, if it's colored!  Mine was also from only my right nostril, which seems like a lot of peoples are!
I have worked at a hospital for over 6 years as a cna. Often times i saw patients with mirsa of the neres have some leakage from the nostrils. so when my nose started leaking two days ago I freaked out. I just had a baby and i am very concerned because i dont want the baby to catch it. Since its a weekend I plan to go to the doctor on monday. but if anyone can give some insight on what this yellow leakage from my nostril may be, I would really appreciate.