Allergy Community
Running Nose, Watery eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Running Nose, Watery eyes

Dear Doc

It started all of a sudden yesterday...Runnning nose and watery eyes and i have taken levocetirizine dihydrochloride 5mg... it seems better but my head has become heavy after taking the medicine..

please advice and can i take steam ?

what are the precautions that needs to be taken ?

You seem to be having rhinitis. The primary symptom of rhinitis is a runny nose along with sneezing, watering of the eyes, congestion of the nose and itchy nose, throat, eyes, and ears.

You are right in saying that steam inhalation is beneficial in rhinitis. Along with steam inhalation, you can take nonsedating antihistamines like cetirizine (Zyrtec) or loratadine (Claritin).Moreover decongestants and topical decongestants may help in reducing congestion of the nose.

You can use eucalyptus oil or products containing menthol with steam inhalation. This should help.

Pls visit your physician if the condition persists for a longer period.

Keep us posted.
I have watery eyes all the time and runny nose i don't have a cold,but i'm in a air condition home.what do you think could help me??? thank-you!!