Allergy Community
S evereAllergic Reaction to Anti-Biotics..Help!?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

S evereAllergic Reaction to Anti-Biotics..Help!?

Good Morning. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to share. I started taking anti-biotics for a sinus infection Wednesday night. Amox-Clav. I have taken amoxicillin before as well along other anti-biotics, and once for the same reason a sinus infection. Come Saturday at 4pm, I started itching my back thinking it was a bite. I went to the bathroom to check and it was all over my back and stomach. Later I had realized it spread to my leg. I asked the on-call doctor and he said it would be too early to be an allergic reaction to the penicillin, usually it takes 7-days. He said i got this rash due to a sinus infection, which sounded crazy. So I called the pharmacist who gave me different advice, she said continue taking the anti-biotic, and if you get a rash still or your chest is tight and you can't breathe call your doctor, the on-call doc also prescribed Zyrtec. Than we spoke with another friend doctor.. He said since my body is so little, this infection is so strong in my body that it can't fight it off and it would be pointless to put another anti-body in there to fight off a second infection...

So over all It's Monday and i took 2 benadryl yesterday, and woke up this morning itching and it seems like they are the same if not worse... What could this be??? Does anyone have any advice. I've never had any allergic reaction throughout my whole 24 years of life.

I'd really appreciate any feedback... It seems doctors can never give me a definite answer.