Allergy Community
SERIOUS ARMPIT ITCHING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

SERIOUS ARMPIT ITCHING

OVER THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS I HAVE DEVELOPED A SERIOS RASH OF SOME SORT IN BOTH OF MY ARM PITS,AND IT WAKES ME UP AT NITE I USUALLY USE DEGREE FOR MEN BUT I ACCEDENTLLY GOT DEGREE FOR WOMEN THIS WEEK COULD THAT BE THE PROBLEM,AND IF SO WHATS BEST FOR THE ITCHING AND HOW LONG BEFORE IT GOES AWAY
-1 Comments Post a Comment
The change can be responsible.

The main thing in this area is to keep it clean, dry and exposed to air as much as possible until it resolves.

Over the counter antihistamine creams or cortisone may be helpful in controlling the itch.
Try washing really well with a mild soap, then wiping your armpits with alcohol. This will get rid of any residue of the allergy causing deodorant. after that, you could apply some hydrocortisone cream. Try to go a few hours before applying a new deodorant in order to give your pits a chance to breathe.
I have developed a rash and a bad itch under my arms, and over the past couple of days between the tops of my legs and the scrotum, i suspect some sort of sweat gland infection as these are the sweatiest areas of a mans body, I have been using an Antiseptic cream at night (Sudacrem) and Cortopin (Hydrocortizone 1mg) during the day, but it does get better, and then gets worse again

Unsure of what to do and what it is
i have been suffering a mental stess signal in my armpities.  altho it may seem common, it really isnt, i have bad effects from oldspice, gillette, but not antipersperant speed stick, icy cool irish rush.  so i comment you in desperate need for companionship because i need to find sum deoderents that work for me.
Tom's UNSCENTED deodorant.  Use original (not "long lasting").  I suffered for years and years with itchy and soar armpits before I found this stuff.  Dont use their scented, its as bad as anyone else's.  But the unscented original is great.  Its the only thing I can use.  If I even LOOK at a different deodorant I break out in a rash, with burning and itching.

Hope it works for you.  Its at Food Emporium, Albertsons, but you can get it online.  Serach for Tom's deodorant, their home page has a link to buying online (or used to).

Good luck.
The very best deodorant to use is one made of crystal, works well , no reactions. Can be gotten in a healthfood store or from VitaminShoppe.com
For the person who thinks he has a sweat gland infection---it may be a yeast infection. Check your diet for excessive sugar content.

Eldermom
WASH YOUR ARMPITS ONCE IN AWHILE!!! TRY ONCE A WEEK
Well.. I've discovered some rashes in my pits from the last weeks. I used anti itching stuff and this other stuff my mom bought me. It doesn't work. there very red and what can cause that to happen. Itchy A LOT!!!