Allergy Community
S.G.O.T & S.G.P.T

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

S.G.O.T & S.G.P.T

I am 36 years old now my S.G.O.T- 40 and S.G.P.T-95. is it abnormal? if it's so what may be the reasons for it?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Normal values for SGOT is 0-35 and SGPT is 4-36. Elevated levels indicate that there is damage to the liver cells. Once the cells are injured the enzymes spill over into the circulation raising the blood levels. The SGPT and SGOT levels are elevated in liver disorders. Besides this they are also elevated in conditions like muscle injury and sometimes due to medications. If you do not have symptoms of liver disease like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever, I would advise you to wait for now and repeat the test after four weeks to see how the levels are progressing.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.