SGPT
i have 126 SGPT what should i do to control it the natural
Hi, welcome to the forum. Plasma levels of  ALT [SGPT]) are routinely measured to assess liver function.

Normally SGPT level is below 40 IU/L.  SGPT is marker of liver diseases or liver conditions. The liver conditions are hemochromatosis, methotrexate- or amiodarone-induced hepatic injury, chronic hepatitis C virus infection, post-jejuno-ileal bypass and nonalcoholic and alcoholic fatty liver disease.  Usually in such conditions the levels are above 500 IU/L.

Other conditions like celiac disease, Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, Adrenal insufficiency and certain antibiotics use can increase the level marginally.  Hence, the treatment mainly depends on the cause. Like treatment of viral hepatitis with anti viral, avoiding alcohol etc. Correction of thyroid disorder.

You need to consult gastroenterologist for assessment of SGPT levels. Take care and regards.
DEAR Sir,
My SGPT & SGOt increased and doctors are unable to find out the cause. All the test like hepatitis & sonography done. pl suggest

my sgpt level is 70I/L  ans alkp is181  and gammaGt is 156 plz comment on my condition
my  liver  enzymes  are  elevated   sgpt=78
sgot=62
    I  am  not  alchol  drinker, and not  HCV  infected    ,  no    drug  use,  suffer  from  frequent  gaseus  distension  ,  and  pain  of  rt  upper    abdomen   ,  history  of    fatty  liver  of  mild  type     .   I am   heavy  smoker        what  can  i   do????
My sgpt is 137 and my ggt is 115..can u plz tel me what is the best way to make it in normal range..or to make it low