Allergy Community
Scary reaction to marijuana, please help. possible allergy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

About a year ago i smoked weed for the first time and had no bad reaction to it whatsoever. The next time was the same but the third or fourth time that i smoked it, it had a different  affect on me. My vision started fading and it was like my eyes couldn't focus on anything, time was also passing by incredibly fast. Almost by the hour ever time i looked at the clock even though it felt like it had only been a few seconds. My "bad high" lasted for almost seven whole hours after about 3 hits off of small pipe and only started to go back to normal after i took a shower and slept it off. The back of my head also had a weird hot feeling to it. I thought maybe it was just a random reaction that was normal and continued to smoke it occasionally. But every now and then, when i would smoke, i had the same reaction. I tried different kinds just to make sure that it wasn't the weed being laced with something and smoked it with other people who have not had any kind of reaction like mine. They all said it seemed fine to them. Trust me i know what a good high feels like and this was not something normal. I was wondering if it has to do with stress or any kind of anxiety. I do stress a lot and every time i had this "bad high" i coouldn't tell where i was going or what people where saying to me which made me very anxious and paranoid. I will most likely not ever smoke again but i am just hoping that someone has had a similar situation or can possibly tell me what my issue is. FYI, I am nineteen, i do not suffer from any allergies, i get migraines occasionally, and i do have a history of seizures from when i was very young( just more info in case its needed for my answer). Thank you for any help. Its greatly appreciated.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. It is possible to develop new allergies, you could develop new allergic reactions  to food or other substances. We can develop allergies to different things throughout our lifetimes as the allergy develops in response to a repeated stimulus. You will only have to closely monitor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.