Scented air fresheners and scented products
When is the medical community going to acknowledge that  scented plug ins, fragranced laundry products and scented candles are very hazardous to our health?  The manufacturers saturate the TV with ads of how wonderful these products are but people who have allergies to these products know better?  I have contacted SCJohnson, Renuzit, Glade and get NO where with them  when I tell them about the allergic reactions I have when around them. It is time the medical community speaks out too!
Sharon
AMEN! Talk about a cruel joke- I've got to walk by the scented stuff to get my non-scented dye free soaps. I've got to walk past perfume samples to get to talk to a chemist/pharmacist and buy my allergy meds. And heaven forbid I wear a mask in public- "what's wrong with you?" "YOU STINK! I mean it smells alright, but I'm allergic to you." I've also had a problem with ER soaps, nurses, doctors, and staffs who should know better.

Yeah.. I feel your pain.
I am so sorry to hear you suffer from the same problems I do.  What do we do?  The advertisers don't care that people suffer from allergic reactions from their products.  They make them sound like EVERYONE NEEDS to have plug ins, etc. in their homes.  I have been on allergy injections for 7 years, much longer than I should be, and I am experiencing accupuncture  with a tiny and I mean tiny bit of relief.  But what angers me most is the medical community will not step up and declare these products hazardous to our health.  I used to not speak up but now I do.  It is my health!!  Hang in there.
I react violently to Febreze, runny nose, watery eyes, swelling of my upper lip, and non-stop sneezing. I stopped visiting relatives that use it liberally. I know advetisers want to make a profit, but they should know that something in their scented products affects so many people. I especially feel sorry for little children that react to some of these products. I can see the misery in their little faces and I know how they feel. Sadly, they cannot really speak up for themselves.  
Out of curiosity do you guys know about using a dry cleaner? I've got a dry clean only coat and I'm terrified about getting it washed. :/