Seasonal Allergies. HELP!
so every year i get my seasonal allergies. normally it's in spring but this year i got them in summer, and they seem to be worse than usual.

Not only am i sneezing all the time, but my sinus areas on my face are constantly itchy! (mainly inside my nostril, as if a mosquito has flown up there and bit me!! but also my eyes, and between my eyebrows, ears and "moustache" area of upper lip.)

i've never been so itchy in my life and benadryl doesn't seem to be helping with the sneezing or the itching and i dont know what to do!

suggestions??
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand you predicament. In an entity called allergic rhinitis, the symptoms are similar to a common cold, but they are usually more persistent and show seasonal variation. The individual responds to an allergen, which can be in many forms like dust and household mites. It appears that you are suffering from such a phenomenon.

You can tackle this problem in the following ways: Prevention and Therapy during attacks.

For prevention: Try to maintain an allergen-free environment. Substitute all synthetic and cool materials with cotton ones. Remove all dust-collecting household articles like carpets, bedspreads etc. Alternatively an allergy specialist may try to identify the offending allergen and try to desensitize you. But as mentioned, if it is seasonal, it may be difficult to avoid.

Using low dose steroidal nasal sprays, are very effective. The steroid in the spray is very low and acts only locally. Two puffs in each nostril two times a days for about a month. The effect starts only after 2weeks of therapy.

Once an attack has occurred, then antihistamines like chlopheneramine, lovatidine are effective. Nasal decongestant drops too relieve congestion.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.