Allergy Community
Serious allergy need urgent help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Serious allergy need urgent help

Hi!

My girlfriend has serious allergies. It started 3 years ago. She is now 21 years old.
It starts with a sticky feeling in her fingers. and then her hole body starts to swell. She is having trouble breathing, she´s having trouble with her vision, she gets a really high fever.

First year It happened 1 time.
Second year 2 times.
This year Its happened 5 times and the allergy is getting worse and worse each time.
She always ends up going to the hospital where the doctors have been giving her adrenaline. It stopped working after a few times. When that stopped working they had to give her a very strong shot. I Don´t remember what was in It, but the doctors said they rather not use that shot because It´s very bad for the rest of your body.
Last time this happened this shot stopped working also because her body made it self resistant against It.
If this happen again I´m afraid she might die.
She has been examined by a few doctors who made a bunch of tests. But no one knows what´s wrong with her. She is not allergic to anything. This just happens for no reason.

Please please please help me to help her! Both my girlfriend and I are from europe. I´ll do anything to help her!
Thank you!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your girlfriend? What diagnostic tests were done in the past? If there was no identified allergen, this could be due to other issues such as autoimmune conditions, possible genetic cause, and underlying medical illness.Further evaluation may help determine the underlying cause taking into consideration the results of the previous tests. Referral to other specialists may also help.  Take care and hope to hear from you. Best regards.