Allergy Community
Severe Post Nasal Drainage/Stomach Ache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Severe Post Nasal Drainage/Stomach Ache

For the past few weeks I have been having severe post nasal drainage. And stomach aches, bloating, and have been nauseated. I went to my doctor thinking it was yeast from what I read or a chronic sinus infection and since I have been getting sick so much lately I even pondered on it being HIV. But they ran a CBC test on my blood and said all the white cells and the whole test was completely normal so he said it pretty much ruled out anything big like HIV, Chronic Sinusitis, and fungal/yeast and said it was caused by possibly a small cold and allergies which doesn't sound right. But since the CBC was normal I guess I have to stop being paranoid.

I have started taking Zyrtec for this and it has been getting better. But I made an appointment for the ENT and they said they would try doing immuotherapy after they find out what the specific allergens are.

But what can I do in the mean time? Is post nasal drainage causing bloating and stomach pain? I have started taking prilosec otc as of last night but I don't know if it's working.

Also it has been causing a white coating on my tongue that is abnormal. But they said it was just the drainage? Is this the case as well?
Hi ,

Do you have symptoms of GERD or reflux symptoms?

This could be sinusitis related, and maybe complicated by GERD.

You should try some steam inhalation, saline nasal drops, and oral antihistamine medications.

Consult your doctor about your symptoms and see what your doctor has to advise.

Let us know if you need any further information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.