Allergy Community
Severe burning sinsus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Severe burning sinsus

I flew to Az last week and I have been miserable with sever burning of my sinsus. No congestion,  This also happened when I flew here in March.  I am using Dry Nose often.  Also I am using Seagate Olive Leaf, a homeopathic nasal spray, along with usung vaseline, I am finding no relief at all,  I have taken showers and sat in the hottub thinking that the steam might help,  Help~
Tags: nose, nasal
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The best way to get to the bottom of your sinus issues is to see an ENT.  A good examination inside the nose with a camera might give the ENT more information as well as a CT scan of the sinuses.  If it is a chronic sinus infection, 4-6 weeks of antibiotics are pretty standard in addition to nasal steroid sprays, oral steroids, and salt water irrigations of the sinuses.  If this fails to solve the problem, sinus surgery is usually recommended.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.