Severe itching on backs of knees
Not sure where this questions falls but here goes.  Why does my neck, the backs of my knees (especially) and the inside of my forearms itch so much.  I wake up in the middle of the night itching the backs of my knees to the point of bruising them.  My neck gets all red from scratching.  No changes in soap, perfumes or detergents.  Going on over a month.  Applied Cortisone 10 and lotions and they only work for a few hours....Nerves???  no bums or hives either.  Thank you: JT49

You have itching in the regions of skin folds. Are you overweight?

Have you had any allergies in the past?

Do you sweat a lot? What is your age and does your profession /work involve sun exposure for long hours?

You should keep the areas clean, wipe them with a wet towel/tissues several times daily and apply powder to keep the areas dry. Try some oral antihistamine medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If your symptoms persist, it would be best to consult your doctor or skin specialist for a confirmed diagnosis.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and post us about how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Hi---I am certainly not a doctor AND I have horrible spelling(so bare with me!) BUT I have had what you are describing all my life.....my dermotagists has always claimed it to be excema.  It is severly itchy...esp. as a child and it will occasionally flare as an adult when the pollen count is high in the air, summertime when it is hot outside in which the sweat makes it worse, or occasional contact dermatitist(like when I use perfumy bath gels,etc.)  Same EXACT spots for me.  I would scratch until raw!  Dermatogists will prescibe excellent creams to keep it at bay.  I've used Elecon(sp?) which is great and Vanos which is the latest and greatest and it bring almost instant healing.

Hope you get relief soon b/c I know how crazy it can drive you when it flares!  

How are you doing now?

You have not as yet responded to the post. Have you seen your doctor as yet?

Let us know if you have any doubts and keep us posted about how you are doing.

Regards.