Allergy Community
Severe stomach pain and hands seizing up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Shortly after dinner last night (eating foods I always eat) I started to get a severe pain high up in my stomach, kind of in between my ribs. The pain gradually worsened and I was unable to lie down or change positions as this made it flare up more. I was finding it hard to breathe, felt slightly nautious and was sweating intensely - then I started feeling pins and needles, which were strongest down my arms, this was followed by my hands feeling intense 'buzzing' and then they started to curl up and kind of seized in a kind of closed up position - I could not move them. After a few minutes all of these symptoms began to unwind until the pain had gone and my hands were back to normal.
I dont know if this was an allergy to food as our dinner consisted of things we eat everyday.
Any ideas?
I recently developed food allergies and Im not certain yet to what.  I have been getting severe reactions almost weekly now.  But the last time I had a reaction, I got the severe cramping, diarrhea, then it turns to major swelling and hives from head to toe.  Durring the diarrhea part, I could not move my hands at all.  They were frozen in this weird position and I could not open or close them.  I eventually was able to close them after about 5 minutes and just kept doing that until I got full movement back.  I had to go to the hospital and when I told the doctors and nurses about it they looked at me like I was an idiot.  Just was looking to see if anyone else experienced this and what they have found out about it.  Glad to see Im not the only one!