Allergy Community
Severe surgical tape allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Severe surgical tape allergy

I just had surgery on 5/3 and told them I was allergic to most surgical tape. They said the tape they would use would be fine-it wasn't/ I now have a well defined line where the tape was from the site of the epidural placement all the way up to where they taped it on my shoulder.  I have a maroon/brown rasied welt like rash that hasn't gotten better from the hydrocortisone 2.5% they gave me in the hospital for it. What can I do about this-I think it may scare my whole back.  

keep using the hydrocortisone. Be patient.  I am also allergic to surgical tape.  The reaction can take some months to fade.