Allergy Community
Sinus Drainage Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Sinus Drainage Problems

Well Ive been trying to round down this problem for 8 years now. I noticed at night when I sleep, I usually sleep on my left or right side. When I sleep on my left side the left side of my nose is stuffed up the next day same thing happens when I sleep on my right side. This problem has caused several sinusinfections because of this. I had sinus x-rays done and was told I had a slight deviated septum. Can this "slight deviated septum" be the cause of this reacurring problem? if so can the problem lead to chronic tiredness?
I had my septum fixed 2 years ago.  I couldn't breathe and always had a stuffy nose with clear drainage.  Now?  I can breathe fine, but I have obtained a whole slew of typical and atypical allergy symptoms due to the fact that actual AIR can enter my nasal passages.

Now I get sinus infections that create post-nasal drip and then settles in my chest.  Sinuses do drain the way you sleep (at least for me), so i will wake up in the morning with similar symptoms that you do.  Nasal sprays?  Hah!  Claritin and the ilk?  Hah!  Each person is different and the septum issue will cause some to HAVE sinus infections, while others will CAUSE sinus infections.  If you are breathing OK, I wouldn't get the surgery.  It is 7 to 10 days of hell depending on how bad it actually is.
It could also be allergies!  When you have allergies you are more prone to sinus infections too.  If your septum is only slightly deviated that might not be causing the congestion alone.  I have slightly deviated septum too and allergies to everything.  I am always stuffy unless I take meds.
I am pregnant and
I am pregnant and I am haveing the same problems as amrcnpy but with out the deviated septum.  This drianage is causing me to loose sleep.  It also causes me to have morning sickness when ever there is an excessive build up of mucus.  What can i do or is drugs the only way.