Allergy Community
Sinus and right eye pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Sinus and right eye pain

I have been having right headeed pain and right eye cheek ear and neck pain.Its driving me crazy an di feel sick.Went to ENT he says from looking at teh cat scan of my sinuses done in jan and the one done last week my blockage is worse and is doing surgery on me july 9,,,,,,,im scared and he gave me nothing for the pain im having,,,,,,,,,,its even in my jaw and neck im asuuming its sinus,,,anyone else ever had anything like thiss
Sinusitis is a common problem caused by acute or chronic inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. The paranasal sinuses are aerated cavities in the bones of the face that develop from the nasal cavity and maintain communication with it.
Maxillary sinusitis is the most common type of sinusitis.
Sinusitis often begins after an acute respiratory infection, which very often could be viral and then gets secondarily infected with bacteria.
An attack begins with the inflammation of the nasal mucous membrane. This causes an obstruction of the opening of the sinus leading eventually to secretions accumulating in the sinus with associated pain and swelling. The secretions get infected exacerbating the situation.
The area of the face over the inflamed sinus may even appear swollen in some cases. Maxillary sinusitis may cause pain in the maxillary area of the face, toothache, and frontal headache.
The treatment may be either medical or surgical. The initial treatment involves administration of appropriate antibiotics along with an analgesic and an anti-histaminic. Steam inhalation and nasal spray could also provide relief and may be used to relieve the congestion. Avoiding nasal irritants and allergens may help.
Surgical treatment involves puncturing the sinus and making a window in it to facilitate easy drainage.
ref:http://www.webhealthcentre.com/centers/sinusiti.asp#TOP
Hope this input helps you in making an informed decision.