Allergy Community
Sinus drainage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sinus drainage

I have sleep apnea and take benedryl before bed, which help control my sinus drainage.  I've had some sinus surgery in the past, so instead of my nose running, my sinuses drain down my throat.  With a CPAP machine, when the benedryl wears off, my sinuses go nuts and drain very heavily, and the CPAP tries to force the drainage down my windpipe.  I end up pulling it off in my sleep.  I use a generic flonase and take an over the counter allergy/decongestant type allergy medication and recently switched to Zyrtec D, but none of these products control the middle of the night drainage "attacks".  Is there any product that I can take that would dry me up for about 8 hours so I can sleep through the night without choking?  I even went to my dentist and got a TAP appliance which opens up my windpipe more, however, this does NOT help because of the sinus problem.  I saw an ENT recently and he said he could shave the back of my tongue down and move my lower jaw forward, but couldn't guarantee it would help.  I told him I didn't want to go that far, especially when he couldn't guarantee it would help and he said I would have to learn to swallow again.  Does anyone make a time-release antihystamine?