Sinus drainage
I have sleep apnea and take benedryl before bed, which help control my sinus drainage.  I've had some sinus surgery in the past, so instead of my nose running, my sinuses drain down my throat.  With a CPAP machine, when the benedryl wears off, my sinuses go nuts and drain very heavily, and the CPAP tries to force the drainage down my windpipe.  I end up pulling it off in my sleep.  I use a generic flonase and take an over the counter allergy/decongestant type allergy medication and recently switched to Zyrtec D, but none of these products control the middle of the night drainage "attacks".  Is there any product that I can take that would dry me up for about 8 hours so I can sleep through the night without choking?  I even went to my dentist and got a TAP appliance which opens up my windpipe more, however, this does NOT help because of the sinus problem.  I saw an ENT recently and he said he could shave the back of my tongue down and move my lower jaw forward, but couldn't guarantee it would help.  I told him I didn't want to go that far, especially when he couldn't guarantee it would help and he said I would have to learn to swallow again.  Does anyone make a time-release antihystamine?  
Is there something in your bedding that your allergic to?  I just discovered that I'm allergic to down. and night time is hard for me as well.  Not hard enough to give up my beautiful down blanket.  I will be purchasing one of those hypoallergenic duvet cover and thing to wrap my mattress etc in.  
Sometimes I take my Zyrtec as normal and another antihistamine on top of it during the night.  I also tried to adjust my Zyrtec and take it early in the evening so I'm sure its effective during the night.
Thanks for posting this...... my doctor is talking about the sinus surgery for me, and its nice to hear about some of what comes up?  I haven't heard one person say they love it.  I kind of feel like why not work on getting my allergies totally under control????