Allergy Community
Sinus pressure, dizziness, ear popping??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I have been suffering this sinus pressure, the top of my head, forehead, that comes on after I get up in the morning, and lasts all day till I lay down and go to sleep.  I have dizziness with it, when I change head positions sometimes sitting still, NOT the kind where you feel like passing out, and popping in my ears when I swallow, BUT the strange thing is I can breath fine through my nose, my nose is not stuffed up, but every now and then I have to swallow thick stuff draining in the back of my throat.  I have thyroid disease, so I have not tried the traditional otc decongestants, and went and had a steroid shot, that relieved this some, but caused another problem, a reaction from the shot supressed my TSH as I was still on thyroid medication and gave me shortness of breath so bad for 10days.  

1.  Can you have sinus problems with a drainage in the back of your thoat and not your nose??

2.  Can this cause dizziness?

I have a appt. with a ENT tomorrow AM.
Tags: dizziness